Miyamoto's new Zelda Concept Art

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm playing through MM for the first time right now on Wii's virtual console. I missed out the first time because, by the time it came out, I had sold my N64 in favor of a Dreamcast. I never felt like I was missing much because I perceived it as a spin-off rather than *the* next Zelda.

Boy was I wrong. Majora's Mask is a real treat to play. Nintendo took the tried and true Zelda formula and added a sense of urgency and an emotional investment that just wasn't there in previous titles.

What I mean by emotional investment is that a portion of MM is almost like Animal Crossing with swords. You meet a lot of people that have different needs and react to you differently depending on what day it is and what form Link is taking. You can do favors and chores for them and get presents in return. Everybody is just living their lives and, as you learn more about them, you really want to help them avoid the disaster that will come in three days.

As for Sense of urgency, I beat the boss of the first temple with four seconds left on the clock. I was shaking by the time the battle was over. It's been years since a video game has gotten me to that point.

Sadly, I'm still behind on my Zeldas. I haven't played Twilight Princess yet. I just know that as soon as I buy it, it will go Players Choice. Once I complete Majora's Mask, I might have to suck it up and finally buy it.

Glad you like it so much I didn't know it was a virtual console already! Gotta pick it up now, as for the emotional investment I made one myself for the game its the best and so different from anything since.

Give me something fresh and unique instead of another game that appeases to the OoT fanboys/girls...Twilight Princess really suffered because of that.

I'm ready for whatever Zelda game is given next. I think this is the only franchise where I've bought or at minimum played every single game.

Back