Miyamoto's new Zelda Concept Art

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theokou

Freaked Out
Reaction score
fullzelda.jpg

Tht's the artwork that Miyamoto revealed to journalists during E3 (https://kotaku.com/5279554/first-look-at-new-zelda-games-concept-art)

The thing that the girl has on her chest looks very similar to this:
master-sword.jpg

And that's what Miyamoto told IGN:https://wii.ign.com/articles/991/991714p1.html

Shigeru Miyamoto: Well, the story setting for this Zelda is, of course, in a completely different era and Link is older than he was previously. More approaching adulthood. There is one hint. Maybe from the art work you can see that he's not holding a sword.

IGN: Has he lost his Master Sword?

Shigeru Miyamoto: [Laughing] I just wanted to make sure that you understand we are making it. That's all I'm going to say on that subject.

IGN: Does the game follow the story progression of Twilight Princess or is it something completely different?

Shigeru Miyamoto: I can't go into details except to say that it's something completely different.

So the idea is that the girl transforms to the Master Sword?Are there any other fairy-like girls that make the sword?

Nice. I read somewhere that they wanted to change the formula a bit, since the last few Zelda games are pretty much familiar takes on the Ocarina of Time formula.

I just hope they FULLY utilize the Wiimote this time (I can understand why they didn't/couldn't with Twilight Princess since it was a GC port), especially since they should be taking advantage of the Wii Motion Plus.

It'll be interesting to finally get a Zelda that takes full advantage of the Wii's power!!!!

I want a more mature, darker story, Nintendo. Twilight Princess had a pretty dark tone. Go darker.

They can start by re-interpreting the 8-bit NES games, and flesh them out into a realistic, grittier world.. but still stylized to a point that it still looks like Zelda.

The master sword being a living thing, is kind of like explaining the Force with midichlorians. It takes away the mystery.

I don't have a problem with it, I doubt it will take away any of its bad-assery.

Well if it is realistic style like Twilight Princess I'm excited. Not too sure about a living sword. That is too hand held Zelda Minish Cap like for me. I like my console Zelda's to be realistic. I hope they don't ruin it with gimmicks. That is why I don't care for the DS Zelda's. Too many gimmicks with the touch screen.

I think I'll have to buy a Wii very soon. I've been missing out on all new the Zelda games since Majora's Mask for the N64.

The master sword being a living thing, is kind of like explaining the Force with midichlorians. It takes away the mystery.

Not necessarily I look at it like this since the beginning we know all the traits of Link and Hyrule, and we have to treat those things like mythology for instance King Arthur and Excalibur, so they are just explaining how or where these things came from, for instance where his fairy came from etc. all these things have been explained and told their stories. It makes it more like legend and deeper stories and to me I think thats awesome, it makes it more than a video game and gives it life and such.

Whatever it just makes it all deep and cool. :elf

I think I'll have to buy a Wii very soon. I've been missing out on all new the Zelda games since Majora's Mask for the N64.

Manjora's is my fav. I like the weird new style to that game the really dark story is beautiful to me, totally worth trying.

Don't forget that most of the Zelda games aren't related to each other. Aside from Zelda 1 and 2 on the NES and OoT and MM on the N64, they're all basically new, unrelated stories that are just using established characters (Link, Zelda, and Gannon; Triforce, Master Sword, etc).

So I don't see making the Master Sword some sort of transforming anthropomorphic character as some kind of end-all-be-all origin story as to what the sword is. It's just nice that we'll probably finally be seeing Nintendo stray away the generic "sword in the stone waiting for the chosen one" kind of set up for the unveiling of the sword.

Manjora's is my fav. I like the weird new style to that game the really dark story is beautiful to me, totally worth trying.

I'm playing through MM for the first time right now on Wii's virtual console. I missed out the first time because, by the time it came out, I had sold my N64 in favor of a Dreamcast. I never felt like I was missing much because I perceived it as a spin-off rather than *the* next Zelda.

Boy was I wrong. Majora's Mask is a real treat to play. Nintendo took the tried and true Zelda formula and added a sense of urgency and an emotional investment that just wasn't there in previous titles.

What I mean by emotional investment is that a portion of MM is almost like Animal Crossing with swords. You meet a lot of people that have different needs and react to you differently depending on what day it is and what form Link is taking. You can do favors and chores for them and get presents in return. Everybody is just living their lives and, as you learn more about them, you really want to help them avoid the disaster that will come in three days.

As for Sense of urgency, I beat the boss of the first temple with four seconds left on the clock. I was shaking by the time the battle was over. It's been years since a video game has gotten me to that point.

Sadly, I'm still behind on my Zeldas. I haven't played Twilight Princess yet. I just know that as soon as I buy it, it will go Players Choice. Once I complete Majora's Mask, I might have to suck it up and finally buy it.

Back