Michael Weston : Sculpt Notice

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just bumping this thread for anyone who wants one painted i have one available

Decided to add some stuff to my Burn Notice collection. Two figures were not enough in the rather large display unit I have with my much larger collections.

14645522217_7c213d5d43_k.jpg

Built this table for 8 bucks to put the dossier and files on. Finally found a beer bottle for Sam (gonna make a Heisler label eventually), got some new shades for Michael (gotta paint the frames gold, might darken the lenses a bit as they're a bit light), and you might see my first attempt at a brick of C4 and a roll of duct tape near the metal brief case full of money. I plan on making some more paper props, adding a glass mixing bowl with plaster in it, a laptop, some hand and power tools, a camera, binoculars, cell phones/radios, and of course some empty Brenner's yogurt cups.

That was a great suit. I think I still have my sculpt somewhere. Funny how a custom gets going and everyone wants one and then nothing. Nice display BTW.

Yeah, I think people go crazy for customs initially but quickly move on to the newest, popular things. And once a show ends, it's very unlikely to get as much attention as current productions. This was the only custom figure I've come close to completing. I sold off all other stuff at a loss besides my Spencer Maximus. That'll be put together someday but I don't have the resources for the quality paint job it deserves.

I attempted to darken the lenses to an orange color and paint the frames gold. Messed up on the frames and screwed up the glasses. Had to order a new pair... Learned my lesson that paint thinner turns translucent plastic into a cloudy, opaque plastic. These were the ACI sunglasses with brown frames and yellow lenses if anyone that still has their Michael cares. The shape of the lenses is not perfect, but it's as close to the screen used pair that 1/6 sunglasses come. An orange Sharpie colored on the inside of the lens worked brilliantly. Check it out before I tried painting the frames.

14660883570_aa52574686_k.jpg

Too bad a Fiona was never made. I'll always feel like something is missing from the collection.

Back