Action Figure Mezco One:12 Collective - (1:12 scale) DC Comics Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny experience today. I was considering selling both my PX and black/grey TDKR figures, since prices are high and I'm shifting my collection towards statues/resin sculptures and designer toys anyway. But I just couldn't. Took one look at my PX Batman displayed on the base, realised I would probably never have a comic book action figure that hits such a sweet spot between quality and fun, and sat back down.

I bought a couple of these(Green Arrow and Batfleck) because I was thinking of moving away from Hot Toys due to cost. I have to say that they are really well done and I was highly impressed. But I'm not sure about the value and the cost. I almost feel that there about $15 too much. Amazing packaging, they look great and lots of good accessories but with Hot Toys I feel like the size, costume and accessories are worth my while. Not sure here. The sad thing is Superman, Captain Marvel, and Flash all look amazing and I know I'd be buying a Green Lantern figure so I might be caught.

I bought a couple of these(Green Arrow and Batfleck) because I was thinking of moving away from Hot Toys due to cost. I have to say that they are really well done and I was highly impressed. But I'm not sure about the value and the cost. I almost feel that there about $15 too much. Amazing packaging, they look great and lots of good accessories but with Hot Toys I feel like the size, costume and accessories are worth my while. Not sure here. The sad thing is Superman, Captain Marvel, and Flash all look amazing and I know I'd be buying a Green Lantern figure so I might be caught.

Was there any rumors/talk of a mezco Green Lantern figure. That would be my dream figure. Make the whole green lantern corps!

Did you guys see the PixelDan walk through with Mezco?

There are going to be two other Batman figures in the same vein as this Ascension one. This one depicts Batman during his early years, the next release will depict him in his prime with better weapons and the third and final release will be an old, grizzled Batman like Dark Knight Returns. Each one will have a Bruce Wayne alternate head to show his progress/age as Batman.

So you can rule out any more comic based figures from here on out for atleast another year or two. They're going full throtal with their own interpretations of Batman. What a damn shame, stubborn bastards. :lol

I'm guessing debuting with TDKR Batman was just a hook to get people into the line. Smart.

Yeah, I saw it. I thought the idea was kind of cool, but not getting comic versions ****ing blows. I love this bait and switch bull**** they're pulling, putting out comic accurate TDKR and Dredd figures and then just coming out with that line that "it's always been our intention to do our own spins on the comic versions and only staying accurate to the movie counterparts." Honestly? I'm sick of the ****ing egos from companies like this and Sideshow.

You want to experiment and put your own spin on things? Fine by me, but, at the end of the day, why the **** should I give a ****? "Your spin" on Batman isn't what got me hooked on the character. All those iconic stories I read or watched? Last time I checked, that wasn't "your spin" on Batman starring in each of them, and, at the end of the day, "your spin" on Batman has no real relevance within the legacy of the character outside of purely being exemplary of your own ****ty aesthetic tastes. I don't know. It's just annoying as hell.

Yeah. :lol

I love the whole "we're doing what we want and in the direction we want to go in, Mez does what he wants". Yeah, okay, that's fine but why do you want to sell them to customers if you're doing them for you? :lol

This mentality came out of no where. That "doing our own spin was always our intention" line. If that were the case, why the hell did you start by unveiling Frank Miller's Batman, a comic accurate Judge Dredd and Space Ghost? I don't get it. Whatever, it's their line.

Last edited:
It's weird. It's stupid. I'm over it.:lol In my estimation, though, I always thought you made products of what was popular with your customers, as opposed to random **** that popped into your head that you thought would look cool. Their loss, I guess.:lol

Yeah, I saw it. I thought the idea was kind of cool, but not getting comic versions ****ing blows. I love this bait and switch bull**** they're pulling, putting out comic accurate TDKR and Dredd figures and then just coming out with that line that "it's always been our intention to do our own spins on the comic versions and only staying accurate to the movie counterparts." Honestly? I'm sick of the ****ing egos from companies like this and Sideshow.

You want to experiment and put your own spin on things? Fine by me, but, at the end of the day, why the **** should I give a ****? "Your spin" on Batman isn't what got me hooked on the character. All those iconic stories I read or watched? Last time I checked, that wasn't "your spin" on Batman starring in each of them, and, at the end of the day, "your spin" on Batman has no real relevance within the legacy of the character outside of purely being exemplary of your own ****ty aesthetic tastes. I don't know. It's just annoying as hell.
I understand what you are saying and agree for the most part, but isn't Batman's legacy and history made up of so many people's different "spins" on and interpretations of the character?

I think it's cool to offer new designs. Then we aren't always stuck in the past and can have different looking figures for our collections that are nothing like other companies offerings.

But yeah, they should still definitley be offering those classic looks we want as well. I'm not against their interpretations but it would be great for them to not only do that....

Still haven't decided if I should get this upcoming Batman. If I love the BVS version I'll probably pull the trigger on the upcoming one. Their plan for a young, prime, and old Batman makes me much more interested.

I understand what you are saying and agree for the most part, but isn't Batman's legacy and history made up of so many people's different "spins" on and interpretations of the character?

I think it's cool to offer new designs. Then we aren't always stuck in the past and can have different looking figures for our collections that are nothing like other companies offerings.

But yeah, they should still definitley be offering those classic looks we want as well. I'm not against their interpretations but it would be great for them to not only do that....

Still haven't decided if I should get this upcoming Batman. If I love the BVS version I'll probably pull the trigger on the upcoming one. Their plan for a young, prime, and old Batman makes me much more interested.

But those spins brought something of value to the mythos. Those designs were representative of storytelling that further built on Batman's legacy in a meaningful way. At the end of the day, this is a ****ing action figure of a design, specifically, for an action figure that they created. It has no more artistic merit than some action camouflage variant Kenner would make.

Case in point: your avatar. I love The Dark Knight suit because I love The Dark Knight. If that suit wasn't associated with that film and was just some fan art I'd found on the internet? I'd probably find it to be some overdesigned mess that I'd forget about within 10 minutes.:lol

But those spins brought something of value to the mythos. Those designs were representative of storytelling that further built on Batman's legacy in a meaningful way. At the end of the day, this is a ****ing action figure of a design, specifically, for an action figure that they created. It has no more artistic merit than some action camouflage variant Kenner would make.
I think you are absolutely right. The thing I like about the idea of Mezco's interpretations is that if done right, they might be able to capture multiple different versions and aspects of Batman at once to create an "ultimate" design if you will. Only problem is I still haven't decided if they accomplished that. 😅

At least it's better than bat nipples? 😉

I'm torn because I think a lot like you when it comes to my figures, but I also just love great action figures. If executed well enough and if I think it looks cool I might buy it, even though the figure may not be directly related to a design or property I love. But at the end of the day the priority is representing those interpretations and designs from great movies and comics in my collection. Ocassionally I might make an exception.

I think it's DC. I think they have said to Mezco do not make 70's Batman because it will be absolutely the most instantly sold out actionfigure of all time. Do not touch that design because absolutely everybody will want it. Make your own version that only a handful of people will be pleased with but most will still buy because it's Batman.

It's cool when a comicbook writer and a proper artist create a new spin on the character that is GOOD and has purpose

It's not cool when some toy company makes toys of random tasteless concept art designs.

If it was Jason Fabok designing some tacticool take on Batman for Mezco, I'd be interested, but I am not interested on what some pseudogeek thinks it's a cool rationalized and grounded look for Batman, because it isn't.

Mezco showed they can nail comicbook adaptations, I am not interested in their designs, they are not good, pass, thanks you. If people are slooooowly buying them it's because it's ALL THERE IS in this niche they've created, not because they are good, I repeat, they are not.

Even their most popular current figures are still way too easy to get, compared to every TDKR Batman's release and re-release that sold out within days.

I'm so surprised they don't just issue more Batman suits that modify the TDKR look. I mean most of the classic Batman suits have been flat colours with boots and gloves--just resculpt the boots, gloves and head, switch up the bat symbol, modify the body slightly and you can achieve basically any of Batman's bulkier comic looks. And most of the other suits would be the same thing, but with a different body (which would involve more extensive redesigns, but little modification of the actual look of the suit). I don't want to talk out my ass at designers when I have no experience in that vein, but it's so shocking that the TDKR figures were brilliant representations of the design we wanted, translated into a toy design that did exactly what Mezco wanted it to do, but now they can't do the same thing with some minor sculpt mods.

Sorry for the rant. I've been displaying my TDKR figures recently and wishing Mezco would just produce another comic-faithful figure.

Did you guys see the PixelDan walk through with Mezco?

There are going to be two other Batman figures in the same vein as this Ascension one. This one depicts Batman during his early years, the next release will depict him in his prime with better weapons and the third and final release will be an old, grizzled Batman like Dark Knight Returns. Each one will have a Bruce Wayne alternate head to show his progress/age as Batman.

So you can rule out any more comic based figures from here on out for atleast another year or two. They're going full throtal with their own interpretations of Batman. What a damn shame, stubborn bastards. :lol

I'm guessing debuting with TDKR Batman was just a hook to get people into the line. Smart.

I really dig that idea a lot tbh. Not sure if it's enough for me to drop 80 bux on each one tho.

I'm with you guys on wanting direct translations, and the stubborness on their part does annoy me. But I also like some of the translations and I'm starting to warm up to these more by considering them a side "Mezco Universe" if you will.

Back