Action Figure Mezco One:12 Collective - (1:12 scale) DC Comics Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mezco-One12-Collective-BvS-Knightmare-Batman.jpg

Knightmare Bats and Joker simply cannot reach my expectations. Will definitly skip Bats and go for the 1/6 equivalent.
Hopefully Joker will look better in other pics. I am looking forward to giving it the "water treatment" and look how much it can look natural but it kind of reminds me of HTs first Ledger Joker. The suit looked a little fat and out of place too. Look where we are today. Mezco will improve over the next 2-3 years too.
Personally I would like to see them switch over to a more mixed media style (sculpted shirt, fabric coat for example) for characters with such a heavy costume. Look at Figuarts. They proof that sculpted clothes can look great and very realistically. A combination of the two genres might be the best option for some figures.

No, no blended stuff. That's not what this line is. This stuff looks great as it is (also, these are prototypes) and in hand it will work and look just fine. Using sculpted clothing beyond gloves/boots/headgear would just make these things look cheap to me.

Knightmare Bats and Joker simply cannot reach my expectations. Will definitly skip Bats and go for the 1/6 equivalent.
Hopefully Joker will look better in other pics. I am looking forward to giving it the "water treatment" and look how much it can look natural but it kind of reminds me of HTs first Ledger Joker. The suit looked a little fat and out of place too. Look where we are today. Mezco will improve over the next 2-3 years too.
Personally I would like to see them switch over to a more mixed media style (sculpted shirt, fabric coat for example) for characters with such a heavy costume. Look at Figuarts. They proof that sculpted clothes can look great and very realistically. A combination of the two genres might be the best option for some figures.

It is an proto so odds are they will fix it so it's not so baggy.

Oh man, that Batman looks bad.

The joker too, what's up with those clothes? 3A already showed you can have realistic looking coats on 1:12, what's up with this step backwards?

Wow that Joker headsculpt is fantastic. I love it, it's up their with their Star Trek Kirk and Spock. Very impressive when you consider the scale (looks like it could be 1/6 even). Great work to whoever sculpted that.

The clothes ruin it though. It makes it look like a mego toy in this scale. Too baggy and ill-fitting, same with that Knightmare Batman. It just doesn't look natural.

They should stick to costumed characters in tight, leotard/wetsuit clothing. I don't think full suits can work in this scale for them, unless they cut and tailor everything thin and super small.

I wonder if they will tackle the two Bale suits. Would certainly be interesting how they would go about it

Doubt it. They haven't even shown the '89 Keaton Batman that has been in development for 3 years. The Begins suit is the same make as the '89, so if they ever get to releasing their Keaton, that would be a good example of what they could achieve and what to expect with a Bale for Begins. That remains to be seen though. With the Justice League movie on the horizon along with their Marvel, Star Trek, and now Ghostbusters line. I doubt they ever get to releasing their Keaton. We'll probably get Affleck and some neat comic inspired Batmen from here on out.

I personally think a one:12 TDK Batman would be a monstrosity in this scale/line. Imagine all those seperate pieces being glued on to the suit and those shoulder pads. It's be a mess.

Mezco would do best to stick to the spandex suits. Hard to get clothing to look right on figures at this scale. This beats the old Kenner Robin Hood figures. . .but not by much.

Kk7kNAo.jpg

Are you just going to go around to all the Mezco threads today when all the fun and reveals are happening and just take a dump everywhere? Weird way for a moderator to act.

So how about this then.

Mezco would do best to stick to the spandex suits. Hard to get clothing to look right on figures at this scale. This beats the old Kenner Robin Hood figures. . .but not by much.

Kk7kNAo.jpg

When I was a kid, I loved that figure, down to the Green Arrow emblem on his belt. Little John/Hawkman was great too. Mezco's Hellboy with cloth coat was pretty perfect. I don't think any leather-type material, fake or real, would really work at this scale.

Back