Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AHME AHUREDIE AH DEEMON

Iz3SWXX.jpg

Woah! Hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edit: mixed up my dates

Phantom Pain release-

PS3: Nov 28th 2014
ps4: July 25th 2014
xbone: July 26th 2014

I dont know if any of these are true but it seems to be pre order release dates in the UK. Why such a huge push back for ps3?

If this is true, I have to break up with my girlfriend soon!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What, what, are these dates you can pre-order or the date the game is coming out?!?!?!
ANSWERS DAMN YOU!
Its the release dates according to Zavvi. Id take it with a grain of salt given in other places its still TBC

While we all know MGSV will depict the true downfall of Big Boss, Kojima just recently quoted:

If Solid Snake would have been in the same situation, maybe he would have chosen to do what is right. Big Boss did not, however.

I find this very interesting, as this is probably the most definitive answer we have yet as to whether or not Big Boss was a villain or a tragic hero.

Keep in mind that Solid Snake has respect for Big Boss, but he truly despises him as well. He was disgusted that the events of Snake Eater and CQC techniques were made public by the time the events of MGS4 happened. It would be a shame Kojima to chicken out by painting him as a tragic hero of sorts, but looks like he's intent on sticking with established canon- at least for now.

i believe he is a tragic hero ..what if there is a Real Army without borders in real life "regardless of intention good or bad"? think it would survive? i don't think it will because the whole world would lable it as a global threat. and it'll go down under whatever reason, So Big Boss would face the whole nation to achieve his goal, even if it ment force

I'm not sure what to make of Kojima's statement. First of all, what actually constitutes "right" and "wrong" in MGS? That's not a rhetorical question, I'm being very serious on my own confusion in regards to moral messages of this series that are very screwed up. From what I gather in MGS 4: the bad guys were actually the good guys, who wanted to free the world from The Patriots - while Solid Snake was just some chump who was always throwing a monkey wrench into their plans of stopping Zero.

So, did Big Boss make the wrong decision by choosing to go against The Patriots and their established order of "control" - which entailed cultural and political enslavement on the world? Unless Kojima is planning to rewrite the established canon from MGS 4, I don't see how he's making any sense at all. Big Boss may have done some evil things, but his actions were always a means to an end for stopping The Patriots, and also to propagate (in what he viewed as The Boss's legacy) in creating a "world without borders". He's the very definition of a tragic hero.

But, with that said, I really hope that the ending MGS 4 gets retconed. I can't stand the fact that after years of being the protagonist of MGS, Solid Snake was basically reduced to an inadvertent villain at the end of the series.

I'm not sure what to make of Kojima's statement. First of all, what actually constitutes "right" and "wrong" in MGS? That's not a rhetorical question, I'm being very serious on my own confusion in regards to moral messages of this series that are very screwed up. From what I gather in MGS 4: the bad guys were actually the good guys, who wanted to free the world from The Patriots - while Solid Snake was just some chump who was always throwing a monkey wrench into their plans of stopping Zero.

So, did Big Boss make the wrong decision by choosing to go against The Patriots and their established order of "control" - which entailed cultural and political enslavement on the world? Unless Kojima is planning to rewrite the established canon from MGS 4, I don't see how he's making any sense at all. Big Boss may have done some evil things, but his actions were always a means to an end for stopping The Patriots, and also to propagate (in what he viewed as The Boss's legacy) in creating a "world without borders". He's the very definition of a tragic hero.

But, with that said, I really hope that the ending MGS 4 gets retconed. I can't stand the fact that after years of being the protagonist of MGS, Solid Snake was basically reduced to an inadvertent villain at the end of the series.

I think (or at least hope) that Big Boss lives up to the established Metal Gear lore in which he is depicted as a villain. There's a reason Kaz discarded his name and choose his real name in Metal Gear 2, and why he called Big Boss a "monster" in that game as well. I adore Big Boss but I really want Kojima to stick to canon.

Personally, I think Big Boss unlike Solid Snake- brought some of it onto himself regardless if his sufferings were under the guise of Zero's tyranny or The Boss's will. Solid Snake always wanted out post-Metal Gear 2 and even had a civilian like in Alaska but was cut short of his retirement and unlike BB, he used his skills post-MGS1 to eradicate Metal Gears and play with Otacon's action figures rather than fan the flames of war. He doesn't have the baggage BB has and his intention was always more noble.

I think (or at least hope) that Big Boss lives up to the established Metal Gear lore in which he is depicted as a villain. There's a reason Kaz discarded his name and choose his real name in Metal Gear 2, and why he called Big Boss a "monster" in that game as well. I adore Big Boss but I really want Kojima to stick to canon.

Personally, I think Big Boss unlike Solid Snake- brought some of it onto himself regardless if his sufferings were under the guise of Zero's tyranny or The Boss's will. Solid Snake always wanted out post-Metal Gear 2 and even had a civilian like in Alaska but was cut short of his retirement and unlike BB, he used his skills post-MGS1 to eradicate Metal Gears and play with Otacon's action figures rather than fan the flames of war. He doesn't have the baggage BB has and his intention was always more noble.

The canon was set in so much disarray because of MGS 4, and I think Kojima will have to rewrite some things if he intends to redeem Solid Snake as the undisputed hero of this series (which is how it should have been in the first place!). I have no idea how it's going to turn out. But, maybe it's the case that Big Boss, Eva and Ocelot weren't truthful to Snake in their "revelations" to him :dunno

I was never, ever, comfortable with Big Boss being one of the "good guys" in MGS. In my mind, he needs to be a blood-thirsty, war-monger in order for the pre-MGS 4 canon to hold true. And I'll be honest, if Kojima can actually do that, and redeem Snake by retconing the nonsense from MGS 4, then I'll be 100% behind TPP. The main thing that has turned me off from this series, was how Solid Snake was thrown under the bus like yesterday's garbage.

It'd be a shame the best game of the series became moot because of all the retcons they had to do. If BB isn't the villain we hear about in MGS1, then it basically nullifies the MGS1 as canon

It'd be a shame the best game of the series became moot because of all the retcons they had to do. If BB isn't the villain we hear about in MGS1, then it basically nullifies the MGS1 as canon

And that's exactly what MGS 4 did. It glorified the most vile characters in the series (eg. Ocelot, Liquid, Big Boss) as the heroes who wanted to free the world. As a result, all of Solid Snake's sacrifices in trying to stop them became irrelevant.

And that's exactly what MGS 4 did. It glorified the most vile characters in the series (eg. Ocelot, Liquid, Big Boss) as the heroes who wanted to free the world. As a result, all of Solid Snake's sacrifices in trying to stop them became irrelevant.

Yes exactly, by the sounds of things Kojima may be bringing BB back to being the villain, but if he doesn't it's a wasted opportunity to straighten out least some inconsistencies

Not only does that choice ruin the main character, but the villains as well. So BigBoss better become the bad guy here!

It's weird that superbunnyhop video did point out that BigBoss should already be the bad guy, hiding nukes and etc. but he still feels like a good guy to me

Back