Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New trailer with music by Hans Zimmer.

mqdefault.jpg

Strange trailer. Skull Face isn't even a main character in the game according to his voice actor. Unless he's used to progress some other part of the story, that doesn't involve him.

I think the VO was saying that because he couldn’t really answer any questions.

I think the VO was saying that because he couldn’t really answer any questions.

Well, here's what James Hornan had to say about his involvement. It doesn't sound like he had a very big role. I can hope it's not the case...

Skull Face may play a smaller role in MGSV: The Phantom Pain than we thought | Metal Gear Informer

So how much recording did James do for The Phantom Pain? “There may be a maximum of a couple of hours. Maybe an hour and a half. […] I think it was pretty quick, because I didn’t have that much to say even in The Phantom Pain, as I recall it.”

Where the heck did you get that pic? :rotfl

Google :lol. Is it not epic?!

Wasn't Zero already confirmed by Jim Piddock to be in the game? Too bad he didn't reprise the role because of the pay. Also, I find it very, very interesting that Troy Baker said that there's a twist to BB and fans should reserve judgement until then.

It might be cool if BB and Zero were in cahoots all along, and your role is to take revenge on them.

Well, here's what James Hornan had to say about his involvement. It doesn't sound like he had a very big role. I can hope it's not the case...

Skull Face may play a smaller role in MGSV: The Phantom Pain than we thought | Metal Gear Informer

Google :lol. Is it not epic?!

Yea, I watched his Yongyea interview, its was a pretty awkward interview. He conveniently didn’t remember a thing about the game, not even one of his lines :lol

Most of the fans think he’s lying, and based on the last two trailers we’ve gotten, it certainly looks like he is.

Trailer was alright, not much new shown within it. The one shot of him overlooking the cliff makes the map look gigantic... but still, I fear it's just going to be a big boring world.

Just what the flying **** is MGS V, anyway? Eat, sleep, work, Witcher 3. Rinse and repeat, everyday. The meaning of life.

Isn't Bloodborne a spiritual successor to the Demon/Dark Souls games? How come you didn't buy that? And you didn't play Arkham Knight, Bane?!?!

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just shocked your last game purchase was in 2011 :lol

I'm with you though, I haven't been this excited for an entertainment release since MGS4, and to me that game delivered.

No, problem with questions, man! The reason I didn't buy Bloodbourne is simply because it didn't fit my budget. I want to get rid a lot off my stuff, so I decided to make a pact that the only way I can spend my money on entertainment for myself is by selling my collection (Although, I can't believe I did that for Age of Ultron. Urgh..I think that's the worst superhero movie I've ever seen in my life:lol). I love video games and figures, but I want to invest my money in other things (I think I get more joy looking at everyone's amazing collections here than owning my own figures :lol). I have played Arkham Knight, but I only got it because it was a cheap rental. I really only care about Batman if Bruce Wayne is involved, which is why I like the Bruce Timm DC animated universe and Nolan movies the best, but since the Arkham games are more about "Kick-butt Batman," I'm not that interested in him. I had a great time with Arkham Knight, but it's just not a story that I want to get back into. The gameplay is good enough to buy it, but I'm fine with Arkham Aslyum/City since the gameplay is not much different. That's why I've been content with just Demon's Souls and Dark Souls, but maybe I'll play Bloodbourne (and Dark Souls II) in the future! I haven't really seen anything about it, but I'm sure it's awesome! :)

Oh, and that means I also didn't buy Ground Zeroes in case you were wondering. I heard the press coverage about it's short length, so I decided to just rent it. I should have bought it since I rented it so much! I'm buying MGSV day one of course. Like I said before, I'd trade every single future superhero movie and video game, just to play it. I love Big Boss so much, so I have to see his story through!

Now I'm the one that needs to apologize! Sorry I always write so much! It's just I don't know anyone personally that likes any of this type of stuff, so I'm so excited to talk about it when I get a chance. Oh, and by the way, I saw the reviews for the FF movie. I'm sorry about that man, I know you were really looking forward to it. It's only a few reviews, so it could still be good!

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

No, problem with questions, man! The reason I didn't buy Bloodbourne is simply because it didn't fit my budget. I want to get rid a lot off my stuff, so I decided to make a pact that the only way I can spend my money on entertainment for myself is by selling my collection (Although, I can't believe I did that for Age of Ultron. Urgh..I think that's the worst superhero movie I've ever seen in my life:lol). I love video games and figures, but I want to invest my money in other things (I think I get more joy looking at everyone's amazing collections here than owning my own figures :lol). I have played Arkham Knight, but I only got it because it was a cheap rental. I really only care about Batman if Bruce Wayne is involved, which is why I like the Bruce Timm DC animated universe and Nolan movies the best, but since the Arkham games are more about "Kick-butt Batman," I'm not that interested in him. I had a great time with Arkham Knight, but it's just not a story that I want to get back into. The gameplay is good enough to buy it, but I'm fine with Arkham Aslyum/City since the gameplay is not much different. That's why I've been content with just Demon's Souls and Dark Souls, but maybe I'll play Bloodbourne (and Dark Souls II) in the future! I haven't really seen anything about it, but I'm sure it's awesome! :)

Oh, and that means I also didn't buy Ground Zeroes in case you were wondering. I heard the press coverage about it's short length, so I decided to just rent it. I should have bought it since I rented it so much! I'm buying MGSV day one of course. Like I said before, I'd trade every single future superhero movie and video game, just to play it. I love Big Boss so much, so I have to see his story through!

Now I'm the one that needs to apologize! Sorry I always write so much! It's just I don't know anyone personally that likes any of this type of stuff, so I'm so excited to talk about it when I get a chance. Oh, and by the way, I saw the reviews for the FF movie. I'm sorry about that man, I know you were really looking forward to it. It's only a few reviews, so it could still be good!

I wish I was as disciplined as you, I regret like 100 purchases I made this week alone :lol

Write as much as you want, this thread has pretty much been a ghost town anyway :lol

I wasn't looking forward to it that much to be honest, I was just hoping it turned out good. Fortunately I haven't been getting ripped to shreds in that thread, I threw in the towel pretty quick :lol

I'm suffering from superhero movie fatigue, i like that the director tried to give us a fresh take on the Fantastic Four, unfortunately he didn't do such a great job (so I hear) but I still respect he tried to give us something more than an action film with a few jokes thrown in. Hopefully the sequel turns out better.

Back