Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My guess would be either June or July 2015, as well. Most of the major MGS releases fall right into summer, right when Kojima kicks off his world tours.

For **** sake, this **** isn't so ******* hard to decipher. I've seen much tougher ******* **** than that ****. Ya know what I'm sayin'?

Wow, **** don't talk to me like I'm some ******* sort of ******* ******, I ****** got what the ******* he was ***** saying, I just ****** said *** I didn't get that ****** part about **** *** of *** ***** and ******.

Geez.

Sounds to me we just said all Spongebob's 13 bad words :lol

Re
bo
rn

2014-01-06_14-09-17_777.jpg

Awesome Jason. :clap

I think I'll get a white PS4 when it's released, so wanting to play TLOU remastered and GTAV on PS4 that I'm tempted to get it earlier. I'll probably get MGSV when it comes out and hopefully it will pleasantly surprise me if not, well, there's always Arkham Knight to fall back to. :lol

Probably? Aw man, you have to get get! It's going to be awesome!

I have a PS4 and all I've played on it is Ground Zeroes, and it's going to be a paper weight until MGSV or Arkham Knight comes out next year. I think it's a good idea to hold out, but then again, I'm not a big gamer, so nothing really interests me other than Metal Gear and Batman. Being that the game is going to be so massive, I probably won't play another game until they do that Metal Gear 1/2 remake. It think it's going to happen.

If they handle it right, I really do want to see how Big Boss' story plays out, and see young David and Eli. If it doesn't turn out well, the gameplay will be amazing.

Probably? Aw man, you have to get get! It's going to be awesome!

I have a PS4 and all I've played on it is Ground Zeroes, and it's going to be a paper weight until MGSV or Arkham Knight comes out next year. I think it's a good idea to hold out, but then again, I'm not a big gamer, so nothing really interests me other than Metal Gear and Batman. Being that the game is going to be so massive, I probably won't play another game until they do that Metal Gear 1/2 remake. It think it's going to happen.

If they handle it right, I really do want to see how Big Boss' story plays out, and see young David and Eli. If it doesn't turn out well, the gameplay will be amazing.

Don't fancy The Last of Us Remastered? :drool

I've decided to pick up a PS4 in time for the new AC

You mean Arkham Knight or you're buying a new air conditioner? :monkey3

Yeah, Arkham Knight will be the system seller for me, regardless if MGSV comes out first. Day one purchase no question.

It's funny because Ive bought 5 consoles solely for MGS. :lol

I believe he’s talking about the new Assassins Creed which looks awesome.

Don't fancy The Last of Us Remastered? :drool

Nah. It's a great game, but it was just one of those one time plays for me. Although that's not a bad thing, since it gives me more time to play through the MGS series for the 50th time! I've already played through MGS2, MGS3, and MGS4; three times this year!

Nah. It's a great game, but it was just one of those one time plays for me. Although that's not a bad thing, since it gives me more time to play through the MGS series for the 50th time! I've already played through MGS2, MGS3, and MGS4; three times this year!

Agreed!

I beat TLOU twice and never plan on playing it again, I think it was good but it doesn’t really do anything new, or that great. The stealth gameplay is kind of limited and formulaic which makes it kind of repetitive. I thought the story was okay, but other than the performances from the voice actors, I don’t think the game did anything exceptionally great. I did love the ending though.

Even if you don’t like some of the games in the series, all the MGS games are extremely fun to play, and the gameplay is great.

I agree with that completely, especially that last part! I put more than double the time in Ground Zeroes than I did in the Last of Us.

People attack cutscene lengths of the games, but at least when it gets to the gameplay, you're in full control. It's not a constant barrage of quick time events, or being on rails. They're great games, and the story does a good job to serve that gameplay. Although some may not like that robotic hand, it seems like it's going to be a great tool for the gameplay. MGS4 is incredible with the number of ways you can play that game, and MGSV just seems to up it.

I didn't know about the Flaming Volgin (Was that a pun?) until someone showed the Play Arts figure. If they're making a figure of him before someone like Ocelot or Eva, I'm really curious how big of a role he'll have. I've seen a lot of comments from people that aren't familiar with MGS that want it, so maybe it's just because it's cool. All I know is, they did a great job of motivating you to get back at Skullface in Ground Zeroes. For such a short experience, it packed a lot of emotional punch. I'm sure most went in pretty angry at Paz, and then left with a lot of admiration for her. And boy did they make you feel bad for those prisoners. It felt so good so save them all! Meanwhile, "Here's To You" was so wonderfully perverse to hear, being that all these characters have their own twisted sense of honor, believing their sacrifices to be so noble.

Paz and Chico's suffering meant nothing to me, as I had no emotional connection to them, whatsoever :lol. They were characters who were briefly introduced in the last game (a portable one at that, which many still haven't played), and their deaths were purely along the lines of shock value, without any sort of redeeming qualities behind it. And yes, it was shocking. But in the end, I never cared about those two; not even enough to feel some sort of animosity against Skull Face. However, I had the impression that he and Paz had a history together, and she knew what to expect from her torture.

TLOU was a far more worthwhile experience than Ground Zeroes :lol. Can't speak for everyone, but I enjoyed it thoroughly. It also had a very steep learning curve, especially on higher difficulties.

Last edited:
Back