Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I got five full blown MGS games for $49 with my purchase of Legacy Collection. In that sense, expecting a full MGS game for $20/30 doesn't really sound unrealistic, does it? :huh

But, instead, we got a nice demo/prologue of MGS V.

They thought they were going to get a full blown MGS game for 20-30 dollars? Whoever thinks that is at fault. They should ask themselves why it cost half or less than half the price of other games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's true. But as consumers, we lay our trust on the developers of the game and it certainly won't hurt Konami to be more transparent on the game unless they wanted to to garner as much sales as they can. Keep in mind that not all consumers are as smart as you Pturtle.

Play it in the console you like the most its almost the same. But the PS4 version looks better :lecture

Look at this

Btw to clarify that Henry, you won't get a direct visual juxtaposition from a mere capped and compressed Youtube video. For the "proper" comparison, you'll need to download the high bitrate, 60fps file off Gametrailers.

That's true. But as consumers, we lay our trust on the developers of the game and it certainly won't hurt Konami to be more transparent on the game unless they wanted to to garner as much sales as they can. Keep in mind that not all consumers are as smart as you Pturtle.

Added to the fact, that Kojima only decided to address the issue of Ground Zero's length, as a result of the fan base going up-in-arms about "speed runner's" comments (eg. the game being 2 hours long with a 5 minute speed run). Konami wasn't entirely forthcoming about this game, until negative feedback started to press their backs against a wall. That's not the transparency that we'd come to expect from them, and let alone, expect from Kojima.

Well, I got five full blown MGS games for $49 with my purchase of Legacy Collection. In that sense, expecting a full MGS game for $20/30 doesn't really sound unrealistic, does it? :huh

But, instead, we got a nice demo/prologue of MGS V.

You're Comparing decade old games to a brand new release. Anyone who isn't oblivious to how things work these days. Only mothers and grandmothers would be fooled.

So, for pturtle's summary of "how things work these days":
(1) Demos/partial games that cost $20/30. I wasn't even aware these even existed prior to Ground Zeroes, but hummmm okie-dokie... :duh
(2) Grandmothers and mothers aren't very smart :panic:

Yup... there you go, everyone.

:lol :peace

Every company tries to get as much as they can, thats why we live in the era of season passes, and dlc. Maybe Konami should have labeled the box detailing the length of the game, but I've never seen a company do that before. I don't think Konami ever falsely advertised the games length, and after complaints they dropped the price. Personally I feel fortunate the game was released, the ps4 was in desperate need of a decent game.

So, for pturtle's summary of "how things work these days":
(1) Demos/partial games that cost $20/30. I wasn't even aware these even existed prior to Ground Zeroes, but hummmm okie-dokie... :duh
(2) Grandmothers and mothers aren't very smart :panic:

Yup... there you go, everyone.

:lol :peace

Paying 20/30 dollars for a game that's has more than 7 hours worth of gameplay is worth it to me.

Grandmothers and mothers aren't smart when it comes to purchasing games.

This game is probably 3 times longer than The Last of Us DLC and can be purchased for 5 dollars more

Of course I'm not talking about every mom and grandmother.

tumblr_msjykgm1WU1sh28k6o1_250.gif

You should have thought that. I don't think you're a dumb person, of course I wasn't speaking for every grandmother/mother. Hell, there's probably a 90 year old woman who plays these games religiously, I was just typically speaking.

Ah, alright. I never know these days. I apologize for the hostility lol

I'm too drunk to be hostile right now :lol. And where the hell is Gasper? He's usually up at this time... I feel lonely.

I hope, I don't think this will be getting overwhelming positive reviews.

Well, I know that Greg Miller is going to give this a 10/10 no matter what. I'm not sure about other reviewers, though.

And by the way, what's a Zizou?

Okay, I have to admit that I can't stand Greg Miller ever since his Arkham City boasting. That dude's seriously annoying beyond belief.

O Gaspar, where art thou?

Anyways, I assume the review embargo will be lifted soon?

I appreciate the reviews we've gotten in here, and I look forward to seeing which reviewers were paid off and which gave honest opinions. I think Famitsu scored it high, but they're a joker nowadays with the bad games they've given almost 40s.

Back