Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

im supposed to be driving to my brothers house to pick him up so we can go to gamestop to get the last of us. i keep posting and procrastinating the inevitable.

So many similarities between John Rambo and Snake. I'd say he has more in common with Solid, in that he is a warrior, and he knows it, but doesn't want to accept that fate.

nah, i was joking with you hence the nana and the hi-five. its pretty cool. the only thing that bothers me is when theres that damned resize bar. i hate that thing on anything.

Stop trolling me! :monkey2

Yeah, the resize bar is annoying. I think I'm gonna shrink the size down a little so I won't have to see it.

Yeah Solid is much like Rambo, and got some Snake Plissken in there. It's kind of like Solid Snake has the background of Rambo but the Persona and look of Plissken.

I actually think the opposite - that Big Boss has more in common with John Rambo than Snake. Big Boss had a certain naivete about him in MGS 3, that just reminded me so much of Rambo.

Snake was just too much of a confident, bad-***, ladies man. He didn't need war to define who he was.

Except that he received all of the lame character genes.

His PMS over the Boss is getting old. I'm glad he's in a different place in his life from the trailers.

Character development finally.

His PMS over the Boss is getting old. I'm glad he's in a different place in his life from the trailers.

Character development finally.

I hope so! :lol He doesn't have The Boss's bandana anymore, so maybe he won't be such a cry-baby, mamma's boy :monkey1.

For the record, I like Big Boss, but I just hate the way that he was handled in the storyline. He loses his mentor (just one person), and that alone serves as the premise for turning his back on his country :cuckoo:. I mean, compare that to real-life American soldiers who lose their close friends in very horrific ways, get screwed over by their command, and still manage to remain loyal.

Big Boss just really didn't have the mettle, for someone who was such a "legendary soldier".

For the record, I like Big Boss, but I just hate the way that he was handled in the storyline. He loses his mentor (just one person), and that alone serves as the premise for turning his back on his country :cuckoo:. I mean, compare that to real-life American soldiers who lose their close friends in very horrific ways, get screwed over by their command, and still manage to remain loyal.

Big Boss just really didn't have the mettle, for someone who was such a "legendary soldier".

You just described Solid Snake.

He loses his mentor (just one person), and that alone serves as the premise for turning his back on his country :cuckoo:. I mean, compare that to real-life American soldiers who lose close their friends in very horrific ways, get screwed over by their command, and still manage to remain loyal.

Big Boss is also a fictional character

Sorry to hear about your friend man. I have two cousins who served in Iraq, too. One of them came back with massive brain injuries, but thankfully he survived.

But, even besides that, Kojima could have made Big Boss's personality more believable, especially since he has a few military advisors working with him for each game. They even managed to incorporate topics like PTSD and battle-field stress in MGS 4. So, I'd think that they'd be able to make a more believable character, too :lol. It's just sloppy script writing, in my opinion.

Come to think of it, PTSD was only really implemented in MGS4 as you said with the B&B unit. It should of been long present in all the Solid titles, it's a sad part of anyone serving.

It really is. Not having served in the military, I can't even imagine the psychological horrors that they have to deal with.

Instead of sending hundreds of millions overseas to people that utterly despise us, it would be nice if we took care of the guys that keep terrorists in check. I don't want to deviate the thread, I'm just sickened to the sad state of affairs the world is in like everyone else. Everything is mismanagement and funding goes to the wrong places. Any war veteran shouldn't have to bust their ballz when they come back to the world or deal with their PTSD demons on their own.

Instead of sending hundreds of millions overseas to people that utterly despise us, it would be nice if we took care of the guys that keep terrorists in check. I don't want to deviate the thread, I'm just sickened to the sad state of affairs the world is in like everyone else.

Completely agreed. At least now, we won't have to worry about our tax money going to support that awful regime in Egypt...

Completely agreed. At least now, we won't have to worry about our tax money going to support that awful regime Egypt...

The United States money should stay in the United States, period. Keep everything here, cut the waste, no cuts to the military, and get NASA back on track.

I've been a conspiracy theorist in the past and I used to think there could be a group of people behind the government controlling things... nope... Government officials are too much wrapped up in their own BS and greed to really to really care about trying to pull the strings of the public.

Back