Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

If Big Boss isn't in it, Kojima doesn't can't be bothered with it.

I'm just worried about even more inane changes than what was in Twin Snakes. Silicon Knights gets a lot of **** over Twin Snakes, but they only handled the gameplay portion, which wasn't bad. Kojima still had control over alterations in the script. He brought in some hotshot director to handle the cutscenes, which turned out to be ridiculous with Snake leaping around and dodging bullets like Neo in the Matrix.

No reason for me to believe he won't add dumb **** in this new remake.

Leave MGS1 alone!

Yay, nice to hear, hopefully it doesn't look like *** like The Twin Snakes. Hayter will return
Id refer if KojiPro made it, since the key to its success is which studio makes it!

If Big Boss isn't in it, Kojima doesn't can't be bothered with it.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Eh........I wouldn't be surprised if Kiefer ended up as Solid in the MGS1 remake :dunno

I'd rather take a MGS1 remake by a third party company than another Big Boss game. It's like we've been chewing the same piece of gum for years now.

Eh........I wouldn't be surprised if Kiefer ended up as Solid in the MGS1 remake :dunno
Eventually, Kojima will remake the entire series with Sutherland and it'll be like Hayter never existed.

:lol

No_zps26534452.gif

I'm just worried about even more inane changes than what was in Twin Snakes. Silicon Knights gets a lot of **** over Twin Snakes, but they only handled the gameplay portion, which wasn't bad. Kojima still had control over alterations in the script. He brought in some hotshot director to handle the cutscenes, which turned out to be ridiculous with Snake leaping around and dodging bullets like Neo in the Matrix.

No reason for me to believe he won't add dumb **** in this new remake.

Leave MGS1 alone!

:goodpost: I still say it was a fairly decent remake. I never did complete it on the Gamecube because the controls are just horrendous with the controller to me.

:goodpost: I still say it was a fairly decent remake. I never did complete it on the Gamecube because the controls are just horrendous with the controller to me.

It's good if you're new to the MGS series, but it just felt strange for me since I played the original to death by that point. Everything felt off, from the gameplay, to the script, to the cutscenes, even to the voice acting. I think it was reported that Hayter managed to get all the original MGS1 voice cast to come back and reprise their roles for Twin Snakes, but it sounded stilted the second time around. Mei Ling even lost her accent, which isn't a big deal or anything (especially since she was apparently raised in Berkeley, California), but it was a shock at the time.

Eventually, Kojima will remake the entire series with Sutherland and it'll be like Hayter never existed.

:lol

That's likely. I agree, MGS 1 should be left alone. That game is the Godfather 2 of cinematic video games. And you don't go remaking a classic movie like Godfather 2!

Wow another remake of mgs1 wasnt that inpressed with the last one wonder how they will do this.

That's likely. I agree, MGS 1 should be left alone. That game is the Godfather 2 of cinematic video games. And you don't go remaking a classic movie like Godfather 2!

Honey Badger Kojima don't give a ****.

The only gaming remake worth a damn is the Resident Evil GC.

If its not the same soundtrack and voices its ****ing pointless.

Honey Badger Kojima don't give a ****.

The only gaming remake worth a damn is the Resident Evil GC.

He's slowly and surely alienating the old fans of this series.

I think we're in the era of "New Metal Gear" Or, as David Hayter said, "New Coke".

If its not the same soundtrack and voices its ****ing pointless.

The original voice tracks are gone, I forget the reason but it's inexcusable. I remember someone had said that the quality of them was so bad that you can hear street noise on the tracks.

The music, aside from a few tracks was horrendous in it. The FPS aspect made the game way too easy for MGS1. It wasn't design to have that. I think the Shadow Moses facility should be heavily expanded to jive with today's gameplay mechanics.

Either way, the idea that a 3rd party developer is handling it worries me. If you were still on the fence about Kojima being full of ****, take a good whiff.

I don't want another MGS1 remake before the MG remakes ):

I'd rather let MGS1 take the bullet with a 3rd party developer than MG1 and MG2. Who knows, watch those remakes be done the same ****ing way.

He's slowly and surely alienating the old fans of this series.

I think we're in the era of "New Metal Gear" Or, as David Hayter said, "New Coke".

People like us built the franchise by buying the products, now it's all about the COD bros.

I don't want another MGS1 remake before the MG remakes ):
Me too. All this Metal Gear remake talk is gonna make me fire up my emulator!!

People like us built the franchise by buying the products, now it's all about the COD bros.

Lol....I remember when one of my co-worker's teenage daughter was shocked to hear me say that one of my first NES games was the original Metal Gear, and she thought I meant Metal Gear Solid.

Back