Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn I think I'm going to lose my nuke, I have an intruder but it keeps saying failed to create session. It's weird, I had a blockade but someone invaded about an hour ago but failed. Can some people still invade during a blockade?

Edit: Yep, lost it because it wouldn't let me defend arrrgghh!

Sucks when that happens. They shouldn’t be able to, unless you took down your blockade to infiltrate another base you should’ve been fine.

Yeah, it had to be a first time retaliation from someone I invaded(just saw that under the blockade where it shows when it ends). That player only got a little over a minute in before getting killed lol.

Yeah it really sucks losing a nuke like that, I looked at the security settings to see his path and he got detected twice with 30 or so seconds left without neutralizing a guard or destroying a drone afterwards and it didn't go to alert status. That's really weird, I guess it could've been a camera? Anyways, it was a good run, got probably 15 defenses today lol.

Finally got another nuke after a number of fails lol. I almost lost it again on my second defense because it said failed to create session a few times, when it let me join he was already on the 3rd platform but I stopped him in time.

Is there a better way to join a nuke FOB than scrolling through all the tabs? I wish there was a refresh button lol

They still haven't updated the mechanics on invasions yet? The only time I ever saw nuke FOBs was on the list of people I supported that were invaded.

Well lost it already lol. I don't get it, I deployed automatically as soon as the alert appeared, went straight to my nuke and the intruder was already there. He killed me with the grenade launcher and stole it. It also wouldn't let me respawn as Venom Snake, I finally figured out to change characters after waiting for 2 minutes. What the F! How did he get through 4 platforms full of snipers that quick(probably 2 minutes)?

The way some guys can ghost platforms in like 5 minutes is retarded. I got pretty damn good at it, but I was patient with it and I never killed soldiers. Ever. Then you get a couple cheese dicks that invade you and kill everything in sight.

They still haven't updated the mechanics on invasions yet? The only time I ever saw nuke FOBs was on the list of people I supported that were invaded.

I just started nukes, but you go to FOB missions, and there's Infiltrations targets(of equal grade), higher ranking(always empty for me), Retaliation targets, Indirect retaliation targets, then nuclear-equipped targets, training, events, intruder and security challenge.

The way some guys can ghost platforms in like 5 minutes is retarded. I got pretty damn good at it, but I was patient with it and I never killed soldiers. Ever. Then you get a couple cheese dicks that invade you and kill everything in sight.

Lmao I'm usually the latter one, I'm not very stealthy.

So I checked his path, he triggered a mine 16 seconds in and it went to alert status, he goes undetected to the last platform in under 2 minutes. How the hell do you do that against snipers?

I just started nukes, but you go to FOB missions, and there's Infiltrations targets(of equal grade), higher ranking(always empty for me), Retaliation targets, Indirect retaliation targets, then nuclear-equipped targets, training, events, intruder and security challenge.

Yeah, it's no different than it was at launch. They should just have a nuke search list.

LMAO!!!! Just stole it back from him. Luckily for me he had a 2 platform base so I ran straight to the nuke and fultoned it and died quickly after. I was so close to getting killed right before too, I knew he would be defending so I had to go quick! Still don't know how that bastard went undetected against snipers with alert status...

2 platform? Newb. You should go back in during the night, steal all his men, supplies and gun emplacements.

I've been screwed a few times on stuff, but was able to get retribution by stealing men back. But on the other hand, I've snuck into newb bases and had a scorched earth policy by taking every single thing that wasn't nailed down. It's so satisfying stealing like 30 crates off a support platform :lol

I love the full Base Development platforms with low level defense. Easy 48 containers lmao. I just need more Fuel resources to have 3 full FOBs.

Always go A++ or higher, and everyone with sniper rifles.

There was a good number of one command platforms I go into that didn't have anything but cameras set up. Just walk right into the goal. :lol

lol I had one the other day with no guards or any devices.

And wow! Just had PS4's number one ranked player invade....and he failed! He got to the last platform in under a min thirty seconds and got killed. These guys are either cheating or too good. He has to be cheating though, because he has like 100 times more points than anyone else on the leaderboard lmao.

I think I know who you mean. That prick had a million the last time I played while everyone else was about one hundred thousand. He's definitely cheating.

I guess I jumped the gun calling the other guys cheaters except otawawwww or whatever(which I didn't get a reward for successful defense lol) because it seems like half the people are speed running. I'm going to have to check and see how they're getting through sniper platforms so fast and place my mines better. Right now I have them placed beside each other on the entrance of the first bridge. It got one guy killed in 19 seconds haha.

So the guy that did the speed run and stole my nuke which I stole back, barely, just invaded me and died in 46 seconds. Lol, once you get nukes you can't go back.

Here's someone speedrunning the Command platform with snipers, looks like he gets to the last platform in around 1:30 which is crazy but I guess it's possible.

There's just no pay off even bothering with it. You constantly need to to ****ing defend it. There should be a longer buffer than a few hours to a day, depending on how bad you got ****ed. You should at the very least get a 48 hour buffer after one invasion, no matter how minimal the damage was.

Back