Metal Gear Solid Trilogy HD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure about this, i'm a huge MGS fan, bit for me the GOW collection was only upscaled to HD, i think MGS deserves better than that... i want a full MGS trilogy REMAKE same voice acting, scripting just running on the MGS4 Engine, i'd pay anything, but i fear they'll go the cheap route and just upscale them, they wont be True HD glory, just dressed up to look better. Like those somewhat pretty girls who dress up a bit better, but dont compare to the natural beauties you sometime see.

I agree and said about the same thing on the first page. MGS deserves more than a quick upscale like seemingly most of these recent HD collections are.

Whatever, I dropped my two cents many times already.

Kojima Productions hiring for new staff might be due to them ramping up for another Kojima-directed MGS, as was recently rumored.

never heard this rumour. you think this is about peace walker 2, or maybe even Rising?

comin to think about it what happened to Kojimas new origional I.P?

Not sure about this, i'm a huge MGS fan, bit for me the GOW collection was only upscaled to HD, i think MGS deserves better than that... i want a full MGS trilogy REMAKE same voice acting, scripting just running on the MGS4 Engine, i'd pay anything, but i fear they'll go the cheap route and just upscale them, they wont be True HD glory, just dressed up to look better. Like those somewhat pretty girls who dress up a bit better, but dont compare to the natural beauties you sometime see.

Also in GOW only the game itself was upscaled, the cut-scenes were not.

Wha wha wha what?!!
Lol...that's my reaction as well. Especially after someone else was boasting about how incredible MGS2 was. :slap

Also in GOW only the game itself was upscaled, the cut-scenes were not.

Yes! That also bothered me. Hopefully Konami will do this right and upscale everything. I also agree with whomever suggested just updated all the visuals with MGS4 graphics. That would be ideal, but I doubt we'll see that happen.

never heard this rumour. you think this is about peace walker 2, or maybe even Rising?

comin to think about it what happened to Kojimas new origional I.P?

Could be Peace Walker 2, who knows. It's not Rising though, because that's been in development for a while. Not an impossibility, however.

Back during TGS last year, Kojima mentioned to Kotaku that he had been seriously considering a true MGS5. This being Kojima, though he had previously stated that MGS3 and then MGS4 would be his final MGS game, it's always a persisting possibility that he'd helm another MGS game. It's his baby and he can't it go.

MGS2 is the best in the series. It's just that too many gamers couldn't get their heads around the genius of MGS2. Kojima broke all conventions with that game and instead of the player controlling the game, the game controls the player!!! and we don't even realized it!!!

The amount of layers, allegory, parallelism, commentary, postmodernism that present in MGS2, I am still digesting and discovering new things even to this day. It's like a game that gets better and better each time you gain a new perspective in life. Since I have debated about this countless times many years ago on Gamefaqs I am not going to open that can of worms again.

Sadly, due to the cold reception of MGS2, Kojima went a safer route in MGS3. I mean MGS3 is fun, bar none but the fun is like a blockbuster movie fun. MGS2 is like David Lynch fun and I love me some David Lynch fun.

In MGS4, one can tell Kojima kinda tries to get into the whole MGS2 groove again but at the same time also appealing to mainstream and sad to say, he kinda falls flat. To me, MGS4 is the most disappointing of the series, once awe with the graphics and presentation wears off.

But Peace Walker got me really excited again with the MGS series. It's like Kojima got his groove back. Despite the last gen graphics, he more than makes up for it in terms of story, acting, presentation, and I really connect on an emotional level with Snake this time, especially the last boss fight. I will even go as far as saying that David Hayter gave the best performance of his career so far. Best of all, when the game ends, it doesn't really end.

It's the best game I have played last year and unlikely to be topped this year.

:clap:clap:clap:goodpost::clap:exactly::clap:clap

Also in GOW only the game itself was upscaled, the cutscenes were not.

Yeah that kinda bugged me too, the cut scenes were great but then back to the crappier looking gameplay, that makes the game look worse really when you think about it, they show you in the cutscenes what is possible but then toss you back into worser waters.

It'd be like watching Star Wars on VHS for most of it with Excellent HD Glory sandwiched about for a number of scenes, if MGS trilogy is the same as the GOW collection having excellent cutscenes will just show off the bad graphics of the gameplay

Back during TGS last year, Kojima mentioned to Kotaku that he had been seriously considering a true MGS5. This being Kojima, though he had previously stated that MGS3 and then MGS4 would be his final MGS game, it's always a persisting possibility that he'd helm another MGS game. It's his baby and he can't it go.

He said MGS2 was his last aswell. what a bull____ter.
when he says MGS5 you think he means another BigBoss sequel, cause i don't like that direction. i think he should make some closed stories ala uncharted - with Solid Snake.

Yeah that kinda bugged me too, the cut scenes were great but then back to the crappier looking gameplay.

Well at least with Metal Gear, the cut-scenes are all in game. the only thing that saddens me is we'll be waiting forever for these.I mean look at the ICO collection.

Pre-Ordered the Ultimate HD collection Zavvi World Exclusive.
Definitely worth it since I dont have MGS4 and I get to play thru MGS1 all the way to MGS4.

Definitely worth it since I dont have MGS4 and I get to play thru MGS1 all the way to MGS4.

Kinda cool that only 4000 made worldwide and each case is individually numbered

i pre-ordered it just because im such a metal gear geek. i already have all the games - im just hoping it'll have some cool artwork, if not ill proli cancel it and get the normal one.

on a side note, i wanna get the japan version so i can play it with the ___ VA, anyone know if it has English subs?

Not interested if it's a half-assed cash grab. HD collections should be a celebration lavished with cool extras, not just a 1080p upgrade.

This set needs to have the Subsistance, Substance versions of the sequels and the Integral/VR Missions expansion for MGS1. Should also contain a wealth of bonus features and video content, i.e. all of the MGS Saga dvd release contents. Period.

For me the Metal Gear games are the only reason l would want a PS3.

l remember that Metal Gear Solid 2 Subsistance for PS2, l played those training style misions or what ever they were called for hours and hours, they were pretty damn hard. I did all that for no achievment awards.:lol

l still haven't played Metal Gear 4 yet. Metal Gear is my favorite game franchise, nothing else comes close in my opinion.

The steel case looks nice, but it doesn't have anything new for me. I'm just going to get the standard edition, and enjoy the games there.

Back