Media Metal Gear Solid Discussion Thread (NO FIGURES /CUSTOMS JUST GAMES) SPOILERS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was watching Robocop and it hit me, MGSV IS Robocop. Man gets identity erased, conditioned to be a combatant, unknowingly works for someone else. Heck, both Snake and Robocop punches an object in rage when they realized who they really are.

The difference? Robocop punching the TV was at the second act and Snake punching the mirror was well, the ending. Exact same story.

You make a good comparison, but I've come to see Venom as Guts from Berserk... design wise. It's a blatant rip off.

Missing right eye, and mechanical arm.

prVamO9.png

You make a good comparison, but I've come to see Venom as Guts from Berserk... design wise. It's a blatant rip off.

Missing right eye, and mechanical arm.

Hmm looks like it. Has that bulky look too.

I'm saying that the story of both Robocop and MGSV plays out the same. Both don't remember who they were due to human tampering but unlike MGSV, Murphy goes on a quest to hunt down those responsible of "erasing his old identity. Murphy then faces hell for his betrayal by getting shot by the cops, Boddicker's gang and had to fight off ED-209. Wouldn't it be a much better story if 1/3 of MGSV was spent on Venom hunting down Big Boss? Facing tremendous adversaries along the way?

Nope. Rescue this. Extract that. Replay this.

Hmm looks like it. Has that bulky look too.

I'm saying that the story of both Robocop and MGSV plays out the same. Both don't remember who they were due to human tampering but unlike MGSV, Murphy goes on a quest to hunt down those responsible of "erasing his old identity. Murphy then faces hell for his betrayal by getting shot by the cops, Boddicker's gang and had to fight off ED-209. Wouldn't it be a much better story if 1/3 of MGSV was spent on Venom hunting down Big Boss? Facing tremendous adversaries along the way?

That's the game I wanted to play.

Because Hideo Kojima and/or Konami.

That's really the only reason I can see it getting such huge scores...

Because Hideo Kojima and/or Konami.

That's really the only reason I can see it getting such huge scores...

I think because MGS V was Kojima's last game, the scores were much higher than they would've been, than if he were still around at Konami. This is the most over-hyped game I've ever played in my entire life. Every serious gaming commentator on YouTube (like SuperBunnyHop) were trashing this game, while it was getting 10/10 scores from IGN and elsewhere.

IGN has been retarded for a good decade now on reviews. You can't even trust Metacritic since it's filled with a load of 12 year old Brojimas.

I liken the MGS V scores, to the "Heath Ledger" effect that earned TDK the high ratings it got in 2008 :lol.

I liken the MGS V scores, to the "Heath Ledger" effect that earned TDK the high ratings it got in 2008 :lol.
To be fair, TDK is a good film regardless, and even beyond the Ledger effect, some people still find it as such. We'll have to see if MGS V gets the same thing years down the road :lol
Apparently, David Hayter's former schoolmate came out with a story that he was stabbed by a girl in school(!) that might paint him the wrong way. Turns out, Dave had the classiest response to the story:

The weirdest thing happened the other day | TIME.com
Woooow...pitiful :lol watch as the feminists try to tear apart the story though

Huh, guess it's finally happened.

It probably is for the best, but two questions lie. Where does Kojima go, and where does Metal Gear go?

Back