Metal Gear Solid Customs Thread: SUBSISTENCE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you are uk based, planet action figures has you covered. they will be getting the additional pack too

the way that wjl handled the uniform was wrong. And LIMTOYS uniform is not one part, you can compare them with screen shot from the game.And In fact,head sculpt and accessories in wjl toys were junk

I so agree with you. Only reason I was gonna buy the Wjl version was because it was a Full Venom Snake figure and LIMtoys only revealed the Big Boss motorcycle version which alternate Venom pieces. But now I'm just getting all from LIM. I'm gonna buy 2 Big Boss sets and 3 Venom Snake D-Pack sets to modify and customize them for different sets. I will be dying one set for Black BDUs and different color Bionic arm and another for the bloody Demon version with long horn from the Shining light mission on the medical Deck. Last one will be kept regular. I can't wait!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As cool as this set looks I can't justify buying a figure and an additional accessory pack when I don't care for the motorcycle version what so ever. I barely even like the game so I think I am going to stick with the WJL figure.

As cool as this set looks I can't justify buying a figure and an additional accessory pack when I don't care for the motorcycle version what so ever. I barely even like the game so I think I am going to stick with the WJL figure.

Yeah I'm having this problem myself, I don't really care about Big Boss in the leather jacket at all. I'll probably bite, but it does feel a little shifty.

why feel shifty?

it isnt any different than the deluxe editions that hot toys and other companies are doing these days.

I already preordered a regular and deluxe boss set and trying to find someone that has the additional set for preorder

Kind of more like buying 2 figures at once much cheaper than hot toys but for the same quality. People who want both wont care, so i suppose i see why you would feel like that. Probably disguser is the better route for those who want the bdu version only. So odd that these are preordering the same time as well as releasing same time too.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Not that I agree with it being "shifty" but name one Hot Toys you have to buy two sets to complete both figures?

not necessarily complete, but to get both looks...like star lord and star lord deluxe. In order to get the trench coat and scarf look as well as coat look.

I see where youre coming from, but with this set all you really need is the ismael/aehab deluxe set and the additional set, which would come up to be close to $320 usd for 2 figures.
$320 doesnt even give you one hot toys iron man figure, but you can at least buy a figure from hot toys and some parts...which is pretty much what you are doign with these 2 sets, but with an extra body and what not.

Do we even know how much the second set costs?

ismael/aehab regular set = $194.99 usd
ismael/aehab deluxe set = $219.99 usd
additional pack = $99 usd

so if you buy the deluze set and additional set, you'll get both looks as what not for a decent price, imo

not necessarily complete, but to get both looks...like star lord and star lord deluxe. In order to get the trench coat and scarf look as well as coat look.

I see where youre coming from, but with this set all you really need is the ismael/aehab deluxe set and the additional set, which would come up to be close to $320 usd for 2 figures.
$320 doesnt even give you one hot toys iron man figure, but you can at least buy a figure from hot toys and some parts...which is pretty much what you are doign with these 2 sets, but with an extra body and what not.

Exactly! Couldn't have put it better myself LOL. I actually bought two deluxe boss sets and two venom sets. I'm doing customs for both. Different color BDU and aged Venom Snake from MG1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do we even know how much the second set costs?

The cheapest I've seen for the additional pack is at kghobby.com; they're charging $99 ($96 if you pay the full amount instead of only a deposit). So, getting the deluxe set and the additional set would run you around $260 at the cheapest to have both figures (biker Boss and Venom). No matter the vendor, both can be had for $300 or less.

Kind of more like buying 2 figures at once much cheaper than hot toys but for the same quality. People who want both wont care, so i suppose i see why you would feel like that. Probably disguser is the better route for those who want the bdu version only. So odd that these are preordering the same time as well as releasing same time too.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

You make a great point about the total cost for two figures, but the comparison to Hot Toys is a bit apples to oranges. For example, compare the $260 - $300 that I quoted above to the HT Tarkin/Vader Star Wars deluxe set that'll cost about $480. Price wise, there's a huge difference. But in terms of screen accuracy, the standard that Hot Toys is expected to meet is not comparable. If there's a single button in the wrong place on a Star Wars figure, collectors/fans will go ape-**** (and I'm one of these collectors, so I'm not disparaging them in any way). The higher cost carries much higher expectations/demands. The HT movie figures are expected to photograph well enough to seem like cinematic screenshots. And, for the most part, HT cinematic figures pull that off. With the LimToys MGS figures, the standard seems different. As has been mentioned, the pouches for tiger stripe are green in the game (and smaller - at least as far as I can tell); the holster should also always be the same color as the pouches; the game model of Venom has a much stalkier body type; the shoulder pads are bigger in the game; etc. If HT released a Boba Fett with a $250 price tag that had numerous screen inaccuracies, there would be a revolt. Heck, even the HT MGS3 figures often get ripped for not being right on. Different price = different expectations/standards. Just my two cents.

The role of licensing has been debunked to my satisfaction, so I don't know why HT prices are so high. Maybe high-end sculptors command high-end wages. Maybe making costumes that require intricate patterns like you see in "Man of Steel" or BvS cost significantly more than using off-the-rack fabrics. Or, maybe HT is just fleecing us because they're greedy. I don't know. But, since the prices are high enough to tick people off, the expectation is that HT better justify the cost by producing some really accurate (and sometimes incredibly ornate) costumes and sculpts. When they fail to be really accurate, the consumer gets disappointed and even more upset at the cost. Many won't buy the pricey HT figure if something is inaccurate about it. Conversely, if a less-prominent company makes a figure with some inaccuracies, maybe collectors see it as more understandable and forgivable because they're asking less of our money for it than HT does.

Back