Metal Gear Rising [Revengeance]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't wait for this one. First Dead Space 3 then a week later this. I'll definitely be getting the Raiden Play Arts Kai to accompany Grey Fox and Solid Snake. With those two alone they look as though they could take on anything together. Except for MG Rex of course. :rotfl

Played the Demo for this and DMC (And Dead space 3) Today. Im not a fan of either of the other 2 franchises so i didnt bother thinking too much whilst playing them.

Did not like the Demo for this. I dont think it controlled well at all. I dont mind its a hack and slash or its not MGS at all. I just didnt really like the feel of it. I had no clue what i was doing even though i knew the buttons and what the game had told me they do. And i knew where i was going. I just felt like i was taking a stab at everything i did.

I guess ill put this game in the part of my mind that only wants to see the cool cut scenes on youtube.

Edit: Just had a 2nd go on it. It wasnt too bad. It got more fun as i went along

Last edited:
I've played it a few times, got an itch to keep going back, that's a good sign.

Quite easy though again the humans, just slide into them and Blade mode them and they're done.

Perhaps the demo version has blad mode buffed up and it's usable more sparingly initially

Played the demo yesterday.Definitely a pass.Didn't like the feel of this one AT ALL.And when you're a cyborg Ninja and really messy and fast paced boss fights you expect that you can at least dodge attacks,like sideways rolls and stuff,would make your fighting strategy so much more fun.So if you want to get out of the way expect to let your guard down and just run out of there,and you can imagine how annoying that would be in fast paced fights,like the Boss fight in the demo.

This game did have alot of potential for what it is,a slashing game,but because of Raiden's limited move sets this game truly dissappoints imo.

Last edited:
Played the demo yesterday.Definitely a pass.Didn't like the feel of this one AT ALL.And when you're a cyborg Ninja and really messy and fast paced boss fights you expect that you can at least dodge attacks,like sideways rolls and stuff,would make your fighting strategy so much more fun.So if you want to get out of the way expect to let your guard down and just run out of there,and you can imagine how annoying that would be in fast paced fights,like the Boss fight in the demo.

This game did have alot of potential for what it is,a slashing game,but because of Raiden's limited move sets this game truly dissappoints imo.
Felt the same way about the dodge issue but i liked the demo so far. :D Cant wait!

Yeah, tried the demo. It's okay. The combat doesn't feel tight, and quite limited.

Not loving blade mode yet. Awkward transition, stops the flow of combat.

Yeah, tried the demo. It's okay. The combat doesn't feel tight, and quite limited.

Not loving blade mode yet. Awkward transition, stops the flow of combat.

I dont get blade mode, so hard to line up and swing, camera goes all wonky, and how the hell do you block in this game? cant figure it out

I dont get blade mode, so hard to line up and swing, camera goes all wonky, and how the hell do you block in this game? cant figure it out

YOu parry with the L analog stick and square... it takes practice tough.. i wish they had n dodge ingame

Disliked the demo when i first played it and the dog robot boss seemed impossible, but now after many more turns i love it and that dog is easy to take down, the combat is great when you get the hang of it, you just need to point the L stick toward the enemy and press square (PS3) to block at the same time as they attack, you can tell when an enemy is going to attack because they flash yellow for a split second, the blade mode is a lot easier if you just press triangle and circle at the same time and he instantly cuts and removes the spine in one fluid move, a more precise cut will be needed when removing specific limbs later in the game.

YOu parry with the L analog stick and square... it takes practice tough.. i wish they had n dodge ingame

It took me a while to actually "get" the parry system. The demo's boss handed me my *** for a good 15-20 minutes. But the moment it finally clicked it was like I finally understood the game and proceeded to dominate. At first the demo was kind of disappointing me but once I understood how the flow of combat is supposed to work I've suddenly become VERY excited.

I kind of like the idea of a melee action game that removes dodging from the equation. It forces you to be more aggressive in combat, which really does fit how Raiden has been portrayed since MGS4.

I hope you can unlock a dodge later on in the game.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mC1XqmWVuRA&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mC1XqmWVuRA&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

0.37 = Dodge / Evade

AUS / EU Gets the Gray Fox DLC bundled :yess:

Last edited:
Not sure if old. Red Raiden.

raiden%20%20red.jpg

Hopefully that's not another Pak figure I have to buy we don't need two Variants of raiden im also hoping thats photoshopped

Sent from the Shell by codec.

It's already up for pre order at some places (eBay, Anime Island, Hobby Fan, GZ Toy Store), so although the image might be photoshopped, the product is real as far as I can tell. It's around $60 or $70, so it shouldn't put too much of a dent in the wallet.

It's a PREVIEWS Exclusive. It's distributed by Diamond Comics in the US.

Says there's only a 1,000. :google

Back