Medicom - The Shining - Grady Twins Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dukefett

Super Freak
Reaction score
med59588_0.jpg

med59588_1.jpg

med59588_2.jpg

med59588_3.jpg

med59588_4.jpg

https://www.hlj.com/grady-twins-statue-med59588

I saw this pop up on HLJ, statues aren't my thing but figured to post if interested! It says 35cm tall, so a little over a foot. I guess it's 1/3 or 1/4 scale? The sculpts look pretty good to me.

I'm going to go ahead and be "that guy" only because I'm so tired of them being called twins. :slap

Now that that is out of the way, the price seems on the high side. Although overall they seem well done, and they have the difference in height represented.

I'm going to go ahead and be "that guy" only because I'm so tired of them being called twins. :slap

Now that that is out of the way, the price seems on the high side. Although overall they seem well done, and they have the difference in height represented.

Haha I know they aren't twins, but just used the naming Medicom went with for the title.

I had no idea this existed cause I'm not a statue guy.

That price is absolutely outrageous.

Kubrick's films are huge in Japan, and the fact that Medicom made action figures for 2001 and Clockwork Orange gave me hope that they would try to do more Kubrick properties. If they made these in MAFEX scale, I'd buy them for sure.

In Japan, these girls may actually be the more iconic image from the movie over Jack coming through the door. I see them on shirts and stickers and stuff a lot.

One Kubrick property that never gets any love is "Eyes Wide Shut." Ever since I saw first saw it, I've wanted a figure of Tom Cruise in the tux and cloak and mask. Wouldn't even need to pay him likeness rights, just like the 2001 astronauts!

You might think he's too dull for a toy, but I think he's creepy and awesome looking.....look at the actual prop of the mask used in the movie. That'd make a sweet figure!

Kubrick (13).png

That's so funny I just re-watched Eyes Wide Shut last night as it's being dropped from Netflix, and I wondered if they had every released a replica of the mask

Back