Medicom Speed racer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey, gang.

resurrecting the thread with a question for the experts.

i recently purchased a set of speed racer medicom figures on ebay. when they arrived, the speed figure's legs were broken. the seller was very, very cool, and tracked down a replacement body to send me.

it's not quite the right body. and though it works just fine, i would prefer to track down the correct one. the new body is a bit too broad in the shoulders. i did begin some basic surgery to maybe switch torsos, but it's not something i've done before, and things started to get pretty fragile. so i stopped.

if any of you can tell me specifically what body the original figures used, and where i might get one for a (hopefully) reasonable price, i'd greatly appreciate it.

thanks!

I don't have the Speed Racer figures but generally the 2 main body types Medicom uses are the RAH 301 Naked 2 body and the RAH 301 Massive 2 body. The primary difference being that the Massive 2 body is taller and broader in overall dimensions. It sounds like from your description that you need the regular Naked 2 body version. You can usually find these on Ebay. Just saw that they have them in stock at Cornerstorecomics.com. I'd stay away from older versions of these bodies though since the first generation (like Speed Racer) were notoriously fragile, breaking at the hips and shoulders (they seem to sell a lot of the older fragile bodies loose on Ebay). The newer versions are more sturdy. Only thing is the wrist peg holes are a little more narrow than the old versions so you may have to widen the holes with a drill bit. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
yeah, the replacement he sent was indeed the massive 2. if the naked 2 is the only other option, then that's certainly what i'll need to track down.

your reply is very helpful and much appreciated. a question, though -- you mention newer and older versions. how would i know if i'm buying a newer version?

and assuming that the massive 2 body is a newer version, the wrist pegs worked just fine.

thanks again!

yeah, the replacement he sent was indeed the massive 2. if the naked 2 is the only other option, then that's certainly what i'll need to track down.

your reply is very helpful and much appreciated. a question, though -- you mention newer and older versions. how would i know if i'm buying a newer version?

and assuming that the massive 2 body is a newer version, the wrist pegs worked just fine.

thanks again!

The Naked 2 shoulder is slightly different, it has a more tubular appearance compared to the older design. The plastic also has a more flat sheen compared to the shinier/glossy sheen of the old version. The quality of the plastic also just feels different, the old version felt brittle/squeaky. I think the newer bodies came out in 2009 or 2010, so any bodies before then are probably the older version.

SkyZero, i wanted to thank you for your help!

i tracked down a naked 2 body, and it showed up today. just did the swap, and i now have a sturdy speed racer figure standing proudly in my collection.

thanks again!

Back