Medicom Snape

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there anywhere that has this for a decent price? Seems way overpriced to me at most placed for what it is.

Sean

The price is what it is, but obviously overpriced relative to other companies (the value of the ¥en plays a role too). I have loved Alan Rickman ever since Sense & Sensibility. Snape was second only to Hermione among HP characters. It was simply worth it relative to the enjoyment I will get from it.

The price is what it is, but obviously overpriced relative to other companies (the value of the ¥en plays a role too). I have loved Alan Rickman ever since Sense & Sensibility. Snape was second only to Hermione among HP characters. It was simply worth it relative to the enjoyment I will get from it.

Oh, I understand. I bought the xPlus Robby the Robot because, as far as material things, it was something I've longed after my whole life. Expensive, yes, but worth it to me.

It's just with Snape and Harry (but particularly Snape as it's the more expensive figure), as a simple human figure, it would be nice if it were priced lower.

Anyway, if anyone knows anywhere selling it for a decent price please post it here.

Sean

Finally found this thread. Sideshow has had him on sale for a while at $200. Still a ton of money IMO. Never owned a medicom figure before, but can anyone post pics of him standing next to some HT figures for scale comparison?

And is this line dead? I'd really like a Dumbledore figure... And a new Harry attempt lol

Who knows if we're going to see more HP figures from Medicom. Snape came out of left field also.

I've had to pass on Snape because of the price. Which sucks because he's my favorite character! I won't give in at $200. He's got to be cheaper.

He's not bad - but the same height as Potter, which is a problem. Sculpt is okay and the pale look of most Medicom's kind of works for Snape. Good sculpt, great costume.

Is he 10" tall? How noticeable is the height difference? I may just display him on his own detolf shelf to hide the disparity.... if I ever get around to picking up some detolfs and buying this fella

The Snape figure is fantastic. I paid $200 at BBTS and have no regrets.

Got some pictures? Maybe next to some HT as well for size reference?

Snape's easily my favorite character... and I am a HP nut! $200 isn't much when you consider how much he'd cost as a custom. I'm a bit worried as I've never bought Medicom before.

Then again... I'm sure this guy will still be available for quite some time... I may wait until the bruising heals from TDKR and Avengers. :dunno

Snape's easily my favorite character... and I am a HP nut! $200 isn't much when you consider how much he'd cost as a custom. I'm a bit worried as I've never bought Medicom before.

Then again... I'm sure this guy will still be available for quite some time... I may wait until the bruising heals from TDKR and Avengers. :dunno

Trust me, this one's awesome. I'm also a fan of Snape, and I do collect Hot Toys, and he fits very well with my Hot Toys collection. This time Medicom really surprise me, easily one of the best headsculpt from them.

All of my Hot Toys male figures that are not on the shorter TT slims (as are Sweeney Todd and Jack Sparrow) are still boxed, since I am busy and moving in two months.

Snape is taller than a TT slim. He is actually a smidge taller than my HT Marlon Brando, who is on the original TTM body. He just a tiny bit shorter than Sideshow's Han Solo (Smuggler). Snape is also appropriately taller than the NECA 12" scale Hermione with whom I display him.

Anyone who says he is undersized has no idea what they are talking about. The Harry Potter figure is too tall, since Radcliffe is short, rather than Snape being too short. Hope that helps.

All of my Hot Toys male figures that are not on the shorter TT slims (as are Sweeney Todd and Jack Sparrow) are still boxed, since I am busy and moving in two months.

Snape is taller than a TT slim. He is actually a smidge taller than my HT Marlon Brando, who is on the original TTM body. He just a tiny bit shorter than Sideshow's Han Solo (Smuggler). Snape is also appropriately taller than the NECA 12" scale Hermione with whom I display him.

Anyone who says he is undersized has no idea what they are talking about. The Harry Potter figure is too tall, since Radcliffe is short, rather than Snape being too short. Hope that helps.

Have any pics of the Potter figures? I always wondered how those Neca figures looked next to articulated 1/6 scale figures.

Sean

Gulp. Ordered for $170 shipped. I'm just really hoping Medicom isn't as awful as some make them out to be... as I said, Snape is an awesome character and this sculpt/paint appears to be very realistic. Still undecided over the Harry Potter figure... can't seem to find firsthand production figure pics, but it seems... off

Gulp. Ordered for $170 shipped. I'm just really hoping Medicom isn't as awful as some make them out to be... as I said, Snape is an awesome character and this sculpt/paint appears to be very realistic. Still undecided over the Harry Potter figure... can't seem to find firsthand production figure pics, but it seems... off

You will not regret it! :)

Some Medicom products are overpriced, underscale and their materials are sometimes poorly selected. Quite often the bodies are fragile. But I still have several because they do some licenses that other companies don't touch, some of them are true 1/6, the materials are fine and some of the RAH bodies are more robust than others, despite being the same model RAH. Sounds like everyone who has this figure is very happy with it, so I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

My only complaint for this figure is that his forehead is too tall, I think. Oh, and the hands looks very plastic. Other than that, this is a perfect figure.

Anyone selling one of these? Saw some on eBay that are a little high in price.

Finally found one. Got mine for a decent price off eBay. $170.00 shipped.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427664370.045621.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427664387.367262.jpg

Back