Medicom RAH 1/6 Alex DeLarge A Clockwork Orange

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks like the Craftone body, no? That's the one I got signed by Malcolm McDowell..... He was pretty impressed by it. We got in line really quickly (my son and I, who has not seen the film yet lol) and he was super cool talking to me. Asked my son if he had seen any of his shows, etc. etc. had a rep/manager or someone there, and I slid the box on the table. Guy opens it like he owns and it says, "Awesome" and slides it to Mr. McDowell. Mr. McDowell, gets a shocked look on his face and asked where I came across it etc. etc. HE seemed pretty impressed by the figure. Then he signed the lid of the box. Only downside was, by the time I found out about the convention, I didn't have a chance to order another figure. If I quit being a lazy ass, I will figure out how to use some other service besides photobucket to post a pic. But one corner of the box of this figure is pretty banged up from the mail. It could be worse though. I'm just stoked we will get the chance to get some licensed stuff and hopefully he comes back to the convention again this year. It's Texas Frightmare in Dallas. Awesome con if you guys fancy a chance to go.

These are from Instagram:

F6C57568-8E73-468A-9ABA-F48939C0F748.jpeg

42B4B84C-885C-4554-8A77-AFA6669EBF64.jpeg

Well, it's Medicom. Gritty realism isn't the goal.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I just don't think they do real people all that well. Their anime lines usually look fine. Though I do doubt I'll buy this. I have one Medicom figure and it's way too fragile.

At least they should charge less with such nonexistance likeliness on barebone figure.

People already complaining The Flash is too expensive, this one takes the cake. Who the hell will buy it for $270?

Welly welly welly welly welly welly well, feast your glazzballs on that, my droogies. Clockwork Orange Alex, all official like. Never imagined I'd viddy the day. Not a bolshy RAH fan, but hopefully this will lead to some well horrorshow veshches down the line.

Perfect!!

The body and fit looks pretty perfect. The sculpt and paint job not as much. But by far the best likeness we’ve seen in 1/6 so far, including customs. The price is outrageous though.

Last edited:
By the way, they might have gotten the license through a Wagner license, just like Executive Replicas got the 2001 license?

Ouch...the Mezco Living Dead Dolls version is giving this a run for its money in the life-like and likeness departments...

Well, it's Medicom. Gritty realism isn't the goal.

Mostly it's because Medicom lacks the experience in painting with realistic sculpts. yes they've released quite a number of human figures but they are usually special limited release. someone repainted some Medicom sclupts and they look much better, proportion still abit off but paintjob really makes a big difference.

so far the best Human sclupt by Medicom was the Old guy in grey suit from Mask Rider show.

Well they're meant to be stylized and simplistic. So the sculpts are soft and are caricatures. They might be able to do a better job in the realism department if that was the objective, but it would be counter to their whole approach to business (thinking not just of RAH figures but their are other product lines as well such as the Kubricks), they would need new factories, etc. They partnered with Enterbay previously when they tried something like that, though, and it met with limited success.

Why such a high price point, esp. when compared with past licenses like Batman and Star Wars?

Well they're meant to be stylized and simplistic. So the sculpts are soft and are caricatures. They might be able to do a better job in the realism department if that was the objective, but it would be counter to their whole approach to business (thinking not just of RAH figures but their are other product lines as well such as the Kubricks), they would need new factories, etc. They partnered with Enterbay previously when they tried something like that, though, and it met with limited success.

i still believe they wanted to go for realistic route but end up cartoonish due to their limited experience. even for their masked rider lineup they tried to be as realistic as they can (which they did with the mask rider forms), but failed with most of their human versions of the mask riders. i believe they have the actors rights so doesn't make sense they go all the way to reproduce realistic riders just to give you stylized human of them?

I'm sorry, I don't understand. Kubrick, as in Medicom makes their Kubrick stylized toys (which this figure is not) or Alex is a Kubrick movie character?
As in the director of A Clockwork Orange..Stanley Kubrick. Apparently Kubrick's estate demands huge money for 'officially licensed products' based off their movies.

Back