Medicom Mutt williams

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the sculpt on Mutt looks fine... but its a figure of LeBouf so I have no interest in it anyway :lol

The Hasbro Mutt looks better as far as the likeness goes. I could see Mutt be SSCs next release though.

I think the medicom likeness is spot on likeness of shia but not for the movie or time. maybe if that was him idk 6 or so years ago id say that its a real great sculpt. unfortunantly it turned out looking like a little boy version of the character whos ben playing with hair gel.:rotfl

Yeah his big eyebrows, pale complexion and brown poofy hair sure do make him look Asian. So very Asian. It's the Asianest thing I've ever seen.
:lol:rolleyes:

Irish I think you're being a little harsh on the ol' Medicom Shia. To say the Hasbro is way better is a little nutty. I think the angle of the picture doesn't help things at all. To be fair let me sh_t on Hasbro a little. Here is actor William Devane and the 12" Indy.:lol
william-devane-24.jpg
indy12inchhasbrowave2.jpg

I don't think ANYONE has anything positive to say about the head on the Hasbro Talking Indy, either. That thing is hideous. What's weird, though, is that having them in-hand I could tell that it was actually using the same sculpt as the regular 12" Indy (which is passable)... but the rubber material and creepy jaw-moving mechanism just throws it WAY off. Hasbro would have been much better off just consolidating the two 12" Indys and doing away with the "talking" feature altogether. It's just bad.

That said, I firmly stand behind my statement that the sculpt on the Hasbro 12" Mutt Williams is a better likeness than Medicom's. And I don't think I'm being "harsh" on that figure at all, considering it will come in at $150. It doesn't look like the actor/character and the jacket makes him look like he's about to spend a night at The Blue Oyster Bar, not go on some global adventure with Indiana Jones.

Ok you got me at the Blue Oyster reference! :rotfl I do agree at $150 no, I don't think so but I still think it looks better than Hasbros but that's not saying much. Agree to disagree. :peace I wonder how long till Chavez rolls in here to go into defensive mode...

I like the KotCS Indy and think that it is a solid likeness but I would like to see some more angles and closer camera shots. I'll probably pick him up.

Mutt looks nuthin' like Shia...I don't know what to make of the character...I have to wait till the movie.

Sideshow has to step it up, Medicom has shown FOUR Indy figures already compared to their ONE.

But they have shown two "ok" ones and 2 horrible ones. Sideshow may have one, but it's fantastic. It has flaws, but I guarantee once it is in my hands... it will exceed expectations.

At least IMO. I don't consider myself a Medi-hater. I have several. But the young Indy looks odd and the clothes don't look as nice as they could. Connery is great. Old Indy looks like hell, the clothes are rough and don't seem to fit right. And the sculpt is atrocious. Mutt is just a huge MISS...

So far, Medicom is not impressing me with this line. I haven't ordered a single one.

:lol I wasn't comparing the products, I was just stating that I'd like to see more of Sideshow's INDY stuff and was commenting that Medicom has already shown so many now.

I don't mind it when a company takes it's time... I'd rather have quality that great care was taken to achieve than something rushed and not up to standards.

Sideshow stuff takes a while to trickle out. Once they get into the second and third figs, it should start coming out a bit faster.

You can't really say that Medicom doesn't do non-anime well either as the Henry Sr. and Sweeney Todd look pretty good. But they aren't as dead on as HT has been recently.

You look at sculpts like Henry Sr. and you have to think that Medicom almost lucked into it based on most of their other human character sculpts.

You can't really say that Medicom doesn't do non-anime well either as the Henry Sr. and Sweeney Todd look pretty good. But they aren't as dead on as HT has been recently.

Exactly. Sweeney is fantastic and Henry Sr. is as well. Jango was well done, Maul too. Medicom can make some great stuff, some that can be amazing with a repaint.

Yeah, but there is also Jedi Luke, Jack Shephard, the Indys, Mutt, etc. They are completely hit or miss on the human head sculpts... either really good or blech.

Yeah, but there is also Jedi Luke, Jack Shephard, the Indys, Mutt, etc. They are completely hit or miss on the human head sculpts... either really good or blech.

I totally agree with you there. Some of the sculpts are not even close. That is why I only have 4 Medi figs, 3 are helmeted and 1 is Yoda. :lol

Back