Medicom Mutt williams

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mutt really does look great. Especially for a Medicom figure. Kinda surprising that they can actually make a decent looking lifelike figure. Just kidding. But he really looks great.

I cannot say as much for Indy. There are too many inaccuracies with the gear. Now, I'm classified as a "gear head" and I know when something is wrong on an Indy figure. The bag looks decent, besides the buttons being oversized, the shirt is fairly accurate, and the boots look good. The whip looks okay, considering it's real leather. Most of the outfit is the wrong color, though. The gun is incorrect (even if he never friggin used it in the movie!). It should the a Webley Mark VI; it looks like a S&W 1917. The jacket isn't light enough, should look more worn out. The fedora truly is atrocious. Medicom has spit in the face of Adventurebilt. And the part that gets me the most, for some reason is the belt. It's identical to the Raiders belt! It was basically on backwards in the movie and a more orange color.

OK, that's enough for my rant... Mutt looks good, though.:lol

Here's a couple more shots of KOTCS Indy...

3312481347_d1d6f0b0e3.jpg

"You're a teacher?"

3312481171_11f7eb16bd.jpg

"Part time."

:whip :)

I finally got around to padding his stomach a bit and I think posing him without the jacket (and that zipper) so that he looks more like he does at the beginning of KOTCS is the best. Yes the hat is still a slight negative, but overall I think this Medi fig is worth it (if you find him at a lower price than the $150 price tag) as a good representative of the older Indy.

I had to take pics cause there're too many frustrating Stromtrooper pics floating around (mine still at processing :monkey2).

Natural light...

Not trying to necro post but has anyone tried porting this over to a TT Slim? It would seem like this figure could be picked up cheap through ebay but I wasn't quite sure of the scale, and if it were too small if it could be switched to a Slim TT to achieve a better look in relation to a SS Indy?

I know nothing about Medicom as I don't own a single figure from them. Thanks, I do appreciate the break down. I took a look on eBay and there were only about 5 on there, all from dealers and all expensive. There were 2 going for $99 BIN but those were from Japan and shipping was around 35 and up.... yuk. Might not be the inexpensive figure I thought it would be. Oh well.

Seems like I saw Mutt in one of the various trade threads around here. I don't think he was more than $85. He is actually a pretty neat figure with a great outfit and decent likeness to Shia. Of the three IJ Medis I bought he's the only one I've kept.

At one time there were photos of a repainted Mutt and Henry done by a guy in Asia that were just jaw dropping.. anyone still have that link ????

It's half-price at Sideshow only for today with their 24HR50 coupon! $82 delivered is the right price for me. I don't own any Medicoms but with Sideshow putting their 12" Indy line on hiatus, making it all the less likely they'll ever do their own Mutt Williams, this is a great add-on to the Sideshow Indy collection. The Medicom KOTCS Indy is also 50% off but I passed on that.

I got him last week through BBTS for 75 shipped. He's a nice figure and next to Indy and Sr. he's of a decent height on the Medi body. Sculpt is decent, though almost cartoonish. Accessories are just awesome, as is the outfit. For the price it's reasonable but I think I'll like having him all the more when KOTCS Indy hits.

I got him last week through BBTS for 75 shipped. He's a nice figure and next to Indy and Sr. he's of a decent height on the Medi body. Sculpt is decent, though almost cartoonish. Accessories are just awesome, as is the outfit. For the price it's reasonable but I think I'll like having him all the more when KOTCS Indy hits.

So is he worth $100? That's about what he's gonna cost me after tax. Also, how easy does he look as far as conversion to a Slim TT? I trust your judgment here. :lol

So is he worth $100? That's about what he's gonna cost me after tax. Also, how easy does he look as far as conversion to a Slim TT? I trust your judgment here. :lol

Eh, it's too bad we didn't discuss this last week since BBTS would have been about the same shipped for us ($75). Could have saved you enough coin for the TT Slim.... almost.

I'm gonna give you my full opinion.... might get wordy :lol

OK, is he worth $100? I'd say no. The jacket has a bit of a plastic look, not bad, just a bit. Some weathering might make it look fantastic though. The pins on the collar are very nice.

Not sure if this has to do with the Medi body shape but the jeans/belt gather a bit in the front/buckle area. So much so that it sticks out a bit. Not that he looks like he has a hard-on or anything but his t-shirt fits tight, as it should, and if he's posed slumping over the bulge is noticeable. This can be rectified with some simple mods to the pants, though I've yet to try.

Sculpt does look a bit stylized. I think it's more then passable though.

Boots/Gloves/Rapier/Sack w crystal Skull are all top notch.

So on to porting over. I stripped him down to check the body out when I got him the other day. The gloves have wrist pegs that can be removed. TT pegs should pop right in, but there is a bit of the glove that extends over the wrist, so I'm not 100% sure if a TT peg will fit in the opening there. I'd say it will. Shoes should go right in the boots though the material is a bit stiff. Hot water made them nice and pliable when I was putting it back on the Medi buck so TT feet should be cool. Worst case remove the toe on the TT foot. The only issue might be the head swap. I didn't pop it off but the Medis are on those tiny neck posts. Dorgmal told me that heating the head should allow the post barbell to slip in and should that fail a small cut with an xacto knife should widen the opening enough, when paired with heating the head, to make it work.

I guess it just depends how badly you would want a companion piece to the Indy we're going to get in a few months.

Hmmmm. Thanks for that bud. I'll rewatch KOTCS tonight and make a decision afterward. If the sculpt doesn't fit or if stretching it winds up obscuring the lower portion of the sculpt, I'll say no. I'm also really gonna look closely at Hasbro's sculpt too. While the paint aps sucked, that sculpt wasn't bad.

And before someone pops up and says, "just use the medi neck, it unscrews at the back and can be screwed over the body post on the TT." I've done that before and it gave the character a scrawny chicken neck. Might be good for Medi's 12-year-old boy body, but on a realistic male body, no.

Hmmmm. Thanks for that bud. I'll rewatch KOTCS tonight and make a decision afterward. If the sculpt doesn't fit or if stretching it winds up obscuring the lower portion of the sculpt, I'll say no. I'm also really gonna look closely at Hasbro's sculpt too. While the paint aps sucked, that sculpt wasn't bad.

And before someone pops up and says, "just use the medi neck, it unscrews at the back and can be screwed over the body post on the TT." I've done that before and it gave the character a scrawny chicken neck. Might be good for Medi's 12-year-old boy body, but on a realistic male body, no.

I'm keeping him on the Medi for the time being.... Might futz the clothing a bit... for 75 I'm happy :huh

Back