Medicom Kaneda and bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our Prayers have been answered!!!
Decals are included!!!!!!!

20091104_8d939e0a65099129fbfaWi7vQV.jpg

20091104_f3dd3c08e25664c93c15FwVuCH.jpg

More pictures here

^^^^...I am seriously contemplating to buy this now!

Overpriced or not, these now appear to be the best Akira collectibles ever made bar none. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see these selling for well over $400 a few years from now.

The original Medicom Kaneda figure went for an average of $500 on ebay for quite a while. For most of us who never got a chance the first time around, this new Medicom Kaneda is like a gift from some sort of 1/6 figure heaven.

Stickers are tacky, a pain to apply if you've got a bit of a shaky hand, and they peel with age. Your $440+ collectible will look like arse in 10 years or so. They should have went with tampo printing. I'm shocked that they didn't, in fact. :monkey2

The original Medicom Kaneda figure went for an average of $500 on ebay for quite a while. For most of us who never got a chance the first time around, this new Medicom Kaneda is like a gift from some sort of 1/6 figure heaven.

There are a couple of originals on eBay right now at about $2,500, due to the appearance of the new one of course.

Good to see that you'll get the sponsers logos to go on the bike. They are a big part of the design for me... but a shame they are stickers.

This reminds me... I should pick this up on Blu-Ray!

PsychoCenobite :monkey5

Stickers are tacky, a pain to apply if you've got a bit of a shaky hand, and they peel with age. Your $440+ collectible will look like arse in 10 years or so. They should have went with tampo printing. I'm shocked that they didn't, in fact. :monkey2
High quality Waterslide decals would be a nice middle ground, but people not familiar with them might ruin their sheets trying to apply them correctly.

looks like this will be possibly imported as a recent question in the sideshow questions section had this (www.sideshowtoy.com):

Is there any interest or plans to create Premium Formats based on any anime, like Dragon Ball, Naruto, or Akira?

We are likely to bring you some new Akira product out of Japan, but we are not currently considering any of the anime properties for Premium Format.

looks like this will be possibly imported as a recent question in the sideshow questions section had this (www.sideshowtoy.com):

Is there any interest or plans to create Premium Formats based on any anime, like Dragon Ball, Naruto, or Akira?

We are likely to bring you some new Akira product out of Japan, but we are not currently considering any of the anime properties for Premium Format.

Good to hear. I do have a few rewards points stacked up I could use on this.

Oh man, I was such a diehard Akira fan from '89 to '95. Had the entire Epic comic book series and I don't know how many times I watched the movie on VHS. My interests have been focused on other properties since then but it still almost feels wrong not to be getting something like this.

Oh man, I was such a diehard Akira fan from '89 to '95. Had the entire Epic comic book series and I don't know how many times I watched the movie on VHS. My interests have been focused on other properties since then but it still almost feels wrong not to be getting something like this.

It IS wrong not to get something like this, especially in your case. :D I'm just like you, except I never lost interest. Akira was the beginning of my love for anime & manga, and, it's only gotten stronger over the years. Kaneda & his bike... wow, just WOW! Buy it!

Sigh.... I had no choose but to order both. I like Akira too much and Kaneda and his bike was always something that I liked. Damn you Medicom and your inflated price.

Back