Medicom Kaneda and bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So i'm not sure what to do. Just wait it out for the bbts version and pay 395 with shipping or keep my order through sideshow and get it now for 475 with tax a shipping. I don't know what to do :gah: Help!

Have you tried the very simple and almost certainly effective method of asking BBTS customer service to clarify details about their product?

haha yes, they said they don't know and that i can email them when it arrives for them to check.

That's a bummer, I can see the pickle you're in! But I did just check out the BBTS site and they have added this note to the product description:

"NOTE - Originally, this item came with a decal sheet for customization as well as additional cowl and an art DVD; however, it does not appears that this second run will include these additional pieces."

If you're after the extras, it looks like you have to take the SS route. That's a pretty hefty price difference though, so it's a tough call...

the sideshow one isn't the exclusive. it's the regular. so it's gonna be the same piece. so yea, i think i'll just wait for bbts.

That's a great price, especially given that this bike can't be had anywhere else now it seems. Congrats!

the sideshow one isn't the exclusive. it's the regular. so it's gonna be the same piece. so yea, i think i'll just wait for bbts.

This is correct. This is the 2nd run of this piece, and it does NOT come with the extra blank cowlings and sticker sheet.

The bonus parts set was available last year (2010) with the 1st production run. If you must have it, ebay is really the only option.
The only reason to buy anything from Sideshow is if you enjoy paying 70% to 150% more than everyone else.

I got the bike from BBTS about three weeks ago. Superbly packed box of pure badassery. My only real disappointment is that the bike is slightly too small to seat a Hot Toys True Type. I really wanted Blade on this bad boy, but he's just too big. The Kaneda fig is scaled to teenager size, remember. I refuse to buy medicom figs, however, because they are cheap, overpriced garbage.

This is correct. This is the 2nd run of this piece, and it does NOT come with the extra blank cowlings and sticker sheet.

The bonus parts set was available last year (2010) with the 1st production run. If you must have it, ebay is really the only option.
The only reason to buy anything from Sideshow is if you enjoy paying 70% to 150% more than everyone else.

I got the bike from BBTS about three weeks ago. Superbly packed box of pure badassery. My only real disappointment is that the bike is slightly too small to seat a Hot Toys True Type. I really wanted Blade on this bad boy, but he's just too big. The Kaneda fig is scaled to teenager size, remember. I refuse to buy medicom figs, however, because they are cheap, overpriced garbage.

I don't buy Medicom figures but I did buy there Kaneda & I've not had any problems with it (yet) but surly your got to get if your got the bike, I think I managed to pick mine up for round about £90 which isn't to bad.

but surly your got to get if your got the bike

Nah. I love Otomo, but I'm not a completist. In fact, I'm a blaspheming mix-and-matcher. I'll pose a T-700 endo in the bike and be happier than having the Kaneda fig, which (judging by the reviews and pics I've studied) seems to be poorly made and massively overpriced.

Bandai does good work. The bike is a masterpiece. The Medicom figs are mediocre at best.

Just wish the bike were larger so Shellhead could ride!

If you wanna use a hot toys body for the bike, you gotta go slim.

I swapped the ____ty medicom kaneda body for a ht slim and it really looks much better (posted some pics earlier in the thread).

Recently i got a dragon neo3 body swapped it with the slim and it works really nice even better i think (the pant can fully close now).

Dragon bodies are not top notch but definitly an improvment upon the medicom junk i think.

I swapped the medicom kaneda body for a ht slim and it really looks much better (posted some pics earlier in the thread).Recently i got a dragon neo3 body swapped it with the slim and it works really nice even better i think (the pant can fully close now).
Dragon bodies are not top notch but definitly an improvment upon the medicom junk i think.

Nice! Thanks for the info & advice!
When I get the camera set, I'll post (finally!) some pics.

Does the seat of you bike have some marks, like it's not perfect as the photos?? Thanks!

The seat is done in soft brown vinyl, which overlays on a hard black ABS plastic frame that lactches beautifully on the red bike frame itself.
Ever been with a sweet, young woman from your dreams? This is like that, but even better. There are some swirls in the seat (marks as you mention? these are just production matrix, and natural.) As far as perfect--what is?--this lil' bike is close, though. Just remember-- Bandai kicketh all kinds of ass!

Ever been with a sweet, young woman from your dreams? This is like that, but even better. There are some swirls in the seat (marks as you mention? these are just production matrix, and natural.) As far as perfect--what is?--this lil' bike is close, though. Just remember-- Bandai kicketh all kinds of ass!

lol, I wouldn't say it's that good... :rotfl

But this bike is pretty damn nice as far as 1/6th rides go. :hi5:

Personally, I think the medi fig is pretty nice too. 2 big ones nice? No, but thats the going retail price for their figs these days. Buying an extra body to swap it over only makes it more expensive... :dunno

Nice! Thanks for the info & advice!
When I get the camera set, I'll post (finally!) some pics.

The seat is done in soft brown vinyl, which overlays on a hard black ABS plastic frame that lactches beautifully on the red bike frame itself.

lololol
Not quite that soft! : D

I'm thinking about getting someone to do a leather seat for me! I think the bike would look much more realistic.
Also.. i have to complain about the front light. It could stay a little more upwards, because it points almost to the tire of the bike when it's up : /
And there is space to do so... when you push the mechanism to get it up you can see that it could be on the "right" position. But that is ok.. it's not something that I’m going to be using often.

how much this bike valued right now?

Same as always. . . what someone is willing to pay for it.

(By the time you pay for shipping from Asia, you're probably hard-pressed to find it cheaper than $500 US.)

I'm thinking about getting someone to do a leather seat for me! I think the bike would look much more realistic.
Also.. i have to complain about the front light. It could stay a little more upwards, because it points almost to the tire of the bike when it's up

That would be a hell of a customization! And you're right about the headlight's angle when deployed. It also should switch off when it swings down, rather than stay lit permanently. But you're right--this is a minor quibble. The diecast innerframe and suspension make this piece beyond belief. I think displaying it in "naked" mode looks more badass than with the fairings in place!

i had mine delivered the other day *from US to UK in 3 days via FedEx!* and was surprised i got extra decal and cowling set!! bonus! here are some pics!

DSC01767.jpg

DSC01768.jpg

DSC01770.jpg

P1010291-1.jpg

P1010324.jpg

P1010314.jpg

Last edited:
Back