Medicom Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
11" or so. Shorter then HT and SS.

No one is going to buy it here. And if they do, they arent going to give you any parts....what would be the point of that?

However, you could wait for some ebay people to buy it and sell parts...which is what THEY do....

I can't understand how they make masterpieces like the ANH Han and Anakin, and then squat down to drop this turd....
Hmm... I'd hardly call either of those "masterpieces", especially after seeing them in person at SDCC. Besides, we have yet to see production pieces. If their new LOST Jack Shephard is any indication production quality is now reason for concern with Medicom as well.

Funny, I dont see anyone bashing hot toys that much when they released the version 1 Joker which looks nothing like heath at all.
A definite case of selective memory, as many people criticized the sculpt on the original HT Joker. But removing that from the discussion, the HT V1 figure is much better than Medicom's in every way. Just compare the clothing and other details.

eh, 11", not bad

well, you'd be surprised how many sad folks have purchased this over the Hot Toys one

and of course, i didn't mean HERE
post it on ebay, and i'll snatch it up for them, all done ^^

chill guys
To be honest, Im quite disappointed by this version too (afterall, I was the one who took the pictures that Devil666 posted on the first page, some credit would have been nice though)

But I see it as an alternate interpretation of the Joker,
I'm still looking forward to it as there are some details that I like more on the Medicom Joker, as compared to HT V.1 Joker.

well, as for delayed releases, prehaps everyone should take a look at the following video about slave labour in toy factories located in China

https://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6733564947664645042&hl=un

We would never know, but prehaps all the toy factories in China are operating in a similiar manner. And we should all be more understanding the next time any toy from any toy company gets delayed for whatever reasons.

anyone know if Medi shoes would adjust well to a True Type body?

or will SERIOUS modding have to be done?

I would understand the defense for this figure if Medicom didn't market it under the Dark Knight banner. But they did and there is no excuse at all for how this figure turned out.

Let's not even put HT Joker in the equation yet, for something marketed under the Dark Knight banner, it's not an even close interpretation of the character in the movie.

Well, to be fair when the first unclear photo of Medicom Joker came out, lots of ppl said that they preferred the Medicom head more than HT Ver.1 head and that it had a better likeness
Joker-1.jpg

As far as I can tell, it is the same Joker as the one I saw in AFA 08.

Everyone's perception is diff and I still see it as an interpretation of the Joker from TDK.

Just my own opinions, no offense intended :)

anyone know if Medi shoes would adjust well to a True Type body?

or will SERIOUS modding have to be done?

Chances are you need to do some modding, cos Medicom always make shoes where the RAH 301 body feet can actually go in. Just like how u would wear a shoe in the real world.

While the HT shoes just have a socket for the ankle ball joint to fit into.

the coat here looks better in length
the coat looks like they dirtied it up to be more accurate
and the make-up looked more thicker, the eyes were better, the lips ans scars too
it looked like make-up that was caked on too thick, which was better
and his shoes here aren't as accurate as the new one

other than those differences, it's the same thing

Chances are you need to do some modding, cos Medicom always make shoes where the RAH 301 body feet can actually go in. Just like how u would wear a shoe in the real world.

While the HT shoes just have a socket for the ankle ball joint to fit into.

sounds like it might be a simple mod

maybe if i got some true type feet, they could slip into the shoes
anyone know if that could work?

My bad. I'm usually good about crediting people and posting the source of where I got it. Check my posts you'll see. Again, my apologies. :monkey2

Hey, no need to apologize Im cool with it, otherwise I would have made a big fuss out of it. I understand that sometimes we just want to share the latest images as soon as possible and may end up forgetting to credit ppl...even I do that sometime as well.

I think the photos at the start of this thread as well show some terrible posing and dressing of the figure, as well as some very harsh lighting. It's still not a figure I will purchase - with the Hot Toys Jokers I won't need to - but I don't think this figure is as bad as some of the pictures make it look.

I was at the toy fair and believe me, these pictures make the figure looks better than it is. It's even worse in person. The material of the coat really takes the cake. Like some cheap towel. Wonder what was Medicom thinking when they picked that material.

Really? Well there goes that theory! Although I still think that posing any Joker figure with the head tilted back like that is not going to do the figure any favours. And while the texture on that coat might be a bit over-done, I do appreciate that they've got something that seems to be a lot thinner than the HT version (which is a good thing) and the jacket is lined in orange (it seems). If they'd bother to dress and pose it properly, and give it a repaint, I think it could be a decent figure. (And before anyone jumps on the idea of spending that much on a figure that needs a repaint, there are a lot of HT repaints out there, and SSC's Indy from every picture I've seen so far NEEDS a repaint).

sounds like it might be a simple mod

maybe if i got some true type feet, they could slip into the shoes
anyone know if that could work?

I dont know bout it, but it may work, as long as the feet fits in the shoe.

The other way I would think of modding is to put putty into Medicom's shoe and then make a socket for the HT ankle ball joint, so that it may fit in.

I think Medicoms problem is that Hot Toys have really up'd there game lately, to the point that there figures look like mini madame tussauds. I'm looking at the pics from the first page again and I'm thinking they only messed up the eyes as the rest of the face is not that bad. The clothes are really bad though. But hey, I'm glad Medicom made one as it's nice to be spoilt for choice.

I think Medicoms problem is that Hot Toys have really up'd there game lately, to the point that there figures look like mini madame tussauds.

When did Hot Toys leap frog with their quality? Or was it only this year... as I never discovered this stuff or Hot Toys until August.

If Medicom sticks to just making non human faced characters i'm sure they will continue to have an excuse charging crazy prices. Sticking to Star Wars and video game figures would keep less criticism headed their way.

I used to own 2 clone troopers before I realized I don't care much for Star Wars and I can tell you they were simply amazing pieces, true 12" scaled and awesome likeness. Very fun and cool to display, Medicom should read these threads and see the light.

There is nothing wrong with Medicom other than there over charging for below mediocre items. When they do what they do best its usually an awesome thing and justifiable for high prices.

The Spiderman 3 line IMO is awesome, I love them all minus Peter Parker, why? because its a human character and overall weak. So Medi stick to masked and cartoonish pieces, its what you guys do best!

Back