Medicom Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HT chain looks silver to me. Since you are wrong on that, you are prolly wrong on the rest. Thanks for the first post.
7DK_TheJoker_12inches.jpg

Yeah, I agree that that the HT looks better, esp. after seeing that side by side shot earlier in the thread. It looks like it actually fits him instead of poofing out. It's like the Medicom is a custom-made fan suit and the other one was tailored esp. for the model/actor.

Here's an interesting image....depending on the lighting and/or presence or lack of blue tinting, his purple coat changes color. Hmmm, I wonder which one is the real one?

coatsamps.jpg

Last edited:
HT chain looks silver to me. Since you are wrong on that, you are prolly wrong on the rest. Thanks for the first post.

I could very well be wrong about the chain color but I just go by what Christopher Nolan tells me in interviews (or whomever it was). They designed a pocketwatch and you can kind of see it in the 2nd trailer but it's blurred because of the depth of field tricks they were playing. Anyway, based on pic below, it looks gold. Perhaps, it is my monitor.

370DSC_3083_3x4.jpg

However, I know I'm right about the blazer and shoe colors, as well as the belt vs. suspenders issue. There's a picture of Ledger with his suspenders poking out under his vest, and there is clearly no belt on him. His socks are seen in the Empire cover picture (and there are exact replicas being sold on eBay), and the HT socks looks nothing like them. Unless there is a 2nd, different design that he wears in the movie and the HT designers have seen it then they got them wrong. There are also various images of his shoes floating around and their color clearly matches the Medicom doll color.

I'm knocking the dolls. I love both of them. I'm just pointing out some minor issues. I'm creating a suit, so I have intimate (yeah intimate lol) knowledge of the colors, fits, lapels, and all that jazz. It has been a real beeyotch but it's fun and the end result will be worth it (I hope ;) ).

Last edited:
You can't just tease like that - Do you have a photo?

Medicom...Hot Toys...blah, blah, blah.

Dark Artist Custom Joker is the greatest!! He's staring at me right now on my desk at work. I have no interest in HT or Medi while I have DA.

The Medi one looks more youthful, and although the face is very realistic, the overall look is kind of like a comic book, very stylized.

The HT one looks more like an evil clown. The HT clothes are incredible, but then again, the Medi is just a prototype, it may change for the better, especially once they have an HT in hand to look at.

I find the HT head looks a bit like Jack Nicholson's Joker!

The sculpt is good, but the hair shouldn't be so green. It should have more light brown in it. A lot more.

Yeah, I agree that that the HT looks better, esp. after seeing that side by side shot earlier in the thread. It looks like it actually fits him instead of poofing out. It's like the Medicom is a custom-made fan suit and the other one was tailored esp. for the model/actor.

Here's an interesting image....depending on the lighting and/or presence or lack of blue tinting, his purple coat changes color. Hmmm, I wonder which one is the real one?

coatsamps.jpg

Well judging by the costume photos on here I'm guessing the ones with the more bluish tint to them.

The likeness on this one reminds me of the Bobblehead Joker. I think it actually looks quite decent. Not a fan of the clothing though.

%5CAUTOIMAGES%5CNC04718lg.jpg

Yikes on the right. Looks like Joker needs to start hitting the gym!

Joker-switch.jpg

well i just laid down payment for a hot toys joker, still tossing up on which custom head i should get

No matter how badly the Medi coat fits, the material is better than HT by a mile.

Looks like a wool coat, my major gripe about the HT is that it does not.

Back