Medicom Indy and Dr. Jones - the polite thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DSC had the Medi Henry on sale for $90 so I picked him up. Out of all the 1/6 figures done so far by Medi or Sideshow, this one's the best-looking, IMO. He should arrive tomorrow. I don't know what I'm going to do about a 1/6 Indy though. I don't really care for either Medi's or Sideshow's version, although if I can get Sideshow's on deep discount I may pick it up.

Sideshow's is by far the best with a little tweaking.. switch it over to a Hot Toys body.. and that is a great improvement.. add Newline Boots and it is even better...if you go all out then add sovereign's whip and jacket then my belt and holster and it's perfect :)

DSC had the Medi Henry on sale for $90 so I picked him up. Out of all the 1/6 figures done so far by Medi or Sideshow, this one's the best-looking, IMO. He should arrive tomorrow. I don't know what I'm going to do about a 1/6 Indy though. I don't really care for either Medi's or Sideshow's version, although if I can get Sideshow's on deep discount I may pick it up.

Damn... When was this?

You don't even need new boots. The SSC boots fit with a simple boil and pop.
Sure.. but there is NO comparison to the quality of the Newline boots.. real leather.. real laces... they are beautiful works of art in and of themselves !

I scored one ebay for a pretty good deal. From what I've seen and read the suit is really nice and I'm okay with the headsculpt. I am tempted to change out the body to give a little more height and weight to him but I'll have to wait and see what I'm working with. Now I'm gonna want the motorbike... :eek:

wow.. that KOTCS Indy headsculpt looks surprisingly great.. wasn't a big fan of their Raiders Indy, but the older Indy head came out really nice...

That KOTCS Indy looks pretty good. It definitely looks better than the other Medi Indy. I may end up picking that one up. At least I can see Harrison in the end product. With Sideshow's version, the sculpt is there, but the paint really mucks it up, especially after seeing all of the great customs on here that really bring out Harrison's likeness.

Hello,

New to the forum and just want to share my customized Medi Indy with everyone.
Repaint HS,hands,accessories.(By Mr. Joe Porter of Cosmic Bovine) Body swap with Volks neo-guy.
Sorry about the iPHONE pic, I will try to get some better pics this weekend.
View attachment 12350

Best Medicom figure IMO!

They really stepped it up a notch on this guy it seems. I really like the texture on the face also.Learning from Hot Toys.:D

I'm definitely going to try and pick this one up-- but my first Medi in the Indy line arrives tomorrow... Jones Sr.:D

The only thing that I'm not a fan of is those generic necks. IF they sculpted it instead I beleive it would do wonders to the overall appearance.

Well Henry Jones Sr. arrived today and while there's always that size discrepancy as he stands with the SSC Indy I have to say that I'm quite happy with the overall fig.

Back