Medicom Hostel guy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wait, so that's the old German doctor guy that was gonna kill our leading man, but slipped and cut his leg off? i swear i don't remember him in a horned helmet/mask.

Mookeylama said:
wait, so that's the old German doctor guy that was gonna kill our leading man, but slipped and cut his leg off? i swear i don't remember him in a horned helmet/mask.

Might not be then. I'm not sure and I'm not home to pop in the DVD to check..

you hate supporting that movie Dave :confused:

The only emotion that movie evokes is disgust, unlike good horror movies, you don't care about the victims. The entire premise is also very bleak, and the film seems to exist only to try and be slick and cool without any thought to the kind of message it sends.

The director's also something of a jerk, at least in all the public appearances I've seen. That's fine for QT because his movies are able to overcome it, but for Roth? Not so much.

I wish they made a Pyramid Head from Silent Hill (movie or the game).

I do have to admit. Although, I think Eli Roth can't touch Audition like he intended. That part at the end with the wholesale revenge was great.

Darklord Dave said:
The only emotion that movie evokes is disgust, unlike good horror movies, you don't care about the victims. The entire premise is also very bleak, and the film seems to exist only to try and be slick and cool without any thought to the kind of message it sends.

The director's also something of a jerk, at least in all the public appearances I've seen. That's fine for QT because his movies are able to overcome it, but for Roth? Not so much.

It's mostly a matter of taste I think. When I think of Horror I generally think Fear. I think it's something that should make you feel disturbed and uneasy. It's very hard to do with me but I think with Hostel the director tried to relate the whole situation with the target audience. I mean it's really about a bunch of guys going to EU to get laid but things go terribly wrong. I think the "fear" is supposed to come from that. I mean we all as guys have went on quests to get laid right? Altho I think the Uneasiness that Roth was trying to make the audience feel has been done better in other films. I still think Hostel was a fun film nonetheless even if it's not that scary.

Doubtful to be honest as it's not from the Marvel or SW lines, but you never know, it will probably be available through BBTS though as they usually carry a number of the Medis.

I enjoyed Hostel, but then I like any horror movie that doesn't scrimp on the gore factor.

The figure is of the main character in disguise, when he'd broken out of his cell he walked around for a bit wearing that costume with the mask on to hide his face.

I'd love Medicom to make a Leatherface, I wouldn't get into the horror line big style from them, but I'd like to see a couple of the really big icons end up being made.

I for one didn't like the movie all that much and can't understand why anyone would want figures from it. Saw at least had an interesting villain, hostel was just a bunch of disturbed business men and eastern Europe mobsters.

Medicom did a good job on their prototype, but I'm not at all interested in a guy in a medieval helmet and butcher's apron. At least Leatherface's mask was a little more believable then a modern day guy wearing what appears to be a pig faced bascinet.

if Medicom starts making horror movie Icons, I will buy every single one of them...

screamingmetal said:
I for one didn't like the movie all that much and can't understand why anyone would want figures from it. Saw at least had an interesting villain, hostel was just a bunch of disturbed business men and eastern Europe mobsters.

Medicom did a good job on their prototype, but I'm not at all interested in a guy in a medieval helmet and butcher's apron. At least Leatherface's mask was a little more believable then a modern day guy wearing what appears to be a pig faced bascinet.

He is in Europe. Can anything in the end of that movie be taken seriously or what becomes believable when you have people paying to murder other humans. Besides, it's the protaginist whos disguised in that get-up, right?

NSFolsom said:
He is in Europe. Can anything in the end of that movie be taken seriously or what becomes believable when you have people paying to murder other humans. Besides, it's the protaginist whos disguised in that get-up, right?
What does being in Europe have to do with? Are you saying that medieval helmets are common place in Europe? Because I'd have to disagree with you there. I also don't think such a thing would be practical, a black ski mask would work just as well.
Actually I remember the director on this movie's DVD saying that he got the idea from finding a website that offered murder vacations. It wasn't said if it was real or not but I think such a thing could be possible.
I think I remember the Protagonist dressing like his would be murderer to get pass the guards, the helmet was a part of the get up.
Leather Face is more realistic because it's based on Ed Gein who made a skin suit and mask from corpses. Not that he was seen running around with it on and a chain saw, but something close to that happened.

Back