Medicom Evangelion Eva 01

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeeeeessss!! So glad, I'll be able to afford it around release too

Now all we need is a rerelease of robot damshii Eva 00!!!!

So is it the same figure? Or did they do any improvements?

There's an AT field part that came with the first production run which won't be coming with the rerelease. I'm pretty sure that's the only difference there is.

Sorry to hear that, A_Locomotive. I was hoping you would get to enjoy the Eva 01. I'm stopping with the trio that I already have. Too expensive and the QC's a dice-roll. For such an expensive product, you would think they would spend the extra time and care.

I am doing my best to ignore the messed up hatch and enjoy it and I am enjoying it. Really living how dynamic the poses you can get from it can be. Currently having mibe in a running and roaring pose. The stand is a bit flimsy though, doesn't so much support it as add a suedo extra leg for counterbalance/extra support.

Is it normal for the arms to get a wettish look on them at the elbow joints? I had one of the arms bent in it's pose and over night it developed a glossy wet like appearance.

I went ahead and sold my 01 and got my money back plus a little more. Now I can get a new 01 for $100 less and hold out hope for some improvements.

I also think the Eva field is a terrible add on and just made the box harder to store, so I won't miss that much! haha.

I sent medicom some tweets but no reply yet.

A_loco - Don't leave the arms bent for any length of time, the rubber will split.
True story.

I went ahead and sold my 01 and got my money back plus a little more. Now I can get a new 01 for $100 less and hold out hope for some improvements.

I also think the Eva field is a terrible add on and just made the box harder to store, so I won't miss that much! haha.

I sent medicom some tweets but no reply yet.

A_loco - Don't leave the arms bent for any length of time, the rubber will split.
True story.

So what's your review of the figure, is it worth the price? How's the quality etc..

Any kind of 90 degree angle for a few days will probably do it.

I did a review on 01, and 00:
https://www.youtube.com/user/RedShoulderReviews

If you're a big EVA fan they are the best high-end figures on the market. They look amazing. But you have to keep in mind that it's medicom and medicom always seems to have some QA issues.

Any kind of 90 degree angle for a few days will probably do it.

I did a review on 01, and 00:
https://www.youtube.com/user/RedShoulderReviews

If you're a big EVA fan they are the best high-end figures on the market. They look amazing. But you have to keep in mind that it's medicom and medicom always seems to have some QA issues.

Yeah, I've heard about plenty of QA issues with Medicom's stuff. I have Unit 01 on preorder right now, but I don't know if I'll keep it. The thought of rubber cracking and splitting is scaring me off. I don't like the idea of spending hundreds of dollars on what's supposed to be a highly posable figure only to have it turn out that posing it in certain ways will ruin it.

Well that sucks. How bent are we talking here? All the way, half way, a little bit?

Mine I had the arms at less then a 90 degree angle when the wet spots showed up. I have toyed withtbeh thought of selling mine. The AT field accessory is cool but way to big to easily display. If I could break even on what I payed for it I could preorder the second run one for cheaper and as has been said maybe the new ones will be better quality. Or I could just put all the money towards side shows Jim Raynor. Idk, I really likethe EVA but QC issues, instability from loose joints and potential rubber decay make me question if I want to keep it.

Selling my 02 EVA if anybody is interested!
Looking to trade for a Mark I V2 Iron man as well.

Has any one taken the leg armor off and rolled the fabric up over the knees to check out the joints? Curious if perhaps there are screws in the knee joints that could be tightened to make the knees stronger. Mine is dependent on the stand unless standing perfectly up right.

Are you guys sure the Eva don't hold up well too extreme posing? I'm guessing they are similar material to the RAH Hei's outfit and I've been able to do whatever I want with him for years (highly extreme poses).

I think the body will be fine, the problem would be the rubber arms.

Just saw Eva 3.33 finally yesterday. Tool too much of a tone shift and story departure for me to like it, also being confused the whole time didn't help either. It's ashame cause i really liked where it was going in 2.22 :S

I think the body will be fine, the problem would be the rubber arms.

Just saw Eva 3.33 finally yesterday. Tool too much of a tone shift and story departure for me to like it, also being confused the whole time didn't help either. It's ashame cause i really liked where it was going in 2.22 :S

I still have faith that Final/4.0/whatever-they-call-it will tie things together nicely. Who knows? 3.33 might just be Shinji's dream/vision of a possible future during Third Impact/Human Instrumentality, and we'll get a more familiar End of Evangelion ending?

One thing's for sure, don't trust the preview at the end if the last preview was anything to go by!

Been thinking about getting into the Medicom Eva scene lately... Really want the Wonderfest exclusive Asuka from 3.0/3.33 with the jacket/hat over her plugsuit!

Thinking about selling my 00 wonderfest unit if anybody is interested. I've been thinking it through but I probably will sell it.

Back