medicom evangelion asuka

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are these based on the new movie(s)? Has anyone seen them?

Yes, they are based on the new movie. Go to Sideshow's site and look at the Medicom 12" section and you can see pics of Rei and Sinji there and click on the link in post 1 above to see Asuka...

Yes, they are based on the new movie. Go to Sideshow's site and look at the Medicom 12" section and you can see pics of Rei and Sinji there and click on the link in post 1 above to see Asuka...

I meant has anyone seen the new movie yet =) I haven't been keeping up with the status since it was first announced.

I meant has anyone seen the new movie yet =) I haven't been keeping up with the status since it was first announced.

The first movie has already been released in Japan and is probably very close to coming out on DVD if it hasn't already. I don't know if a dub is in the works or not, but I would assume so...

Funimation is dubbing it and it's supposed to be out later this year.

The second movie is coming in July (in Japan).

I bet we get a figure of the new girl. Hopefully a Misato, too!

As long as the live action movie never happens, I'll be a happy NGE fan.

Boo to dubbing. I demand subtitles! (I'm sure there'll be an option, but I just don't see the point in dubbing foreign films ever...)

The first movie has already been released in Japan and is probably very close to coming out on DVD if it hasn't already. I don't know if a dub is in the works or not, but I would assume so...

In Singapore, they sell the first movie with english subtitles, cost bout $24.90 SGD

I'm very tempted by this, asuka was always my favourite among the others...but getting her means getting the rest....good bye $$$$

Boo to dubbing. I demand subtitles! (I'm sure there'll be an option, but I just don't see the point in dubbing foreign films ever...)

same here, I never like dubbing, original japanese track is the best.
Besides, its a good way to learn the japanese langauge as well hehe

Looks fantastic, like the others. Unfortunately, the price of these new figures is just too much right now. :monkey2

Well... being a big NGE fan I got Asuka & Rei the first time around, and I have to say both figures haven't lost a bit of their magic to date. It's not surprizing that Medicom takes the new movie as an inducement to make more cash by re-releasing (well sort of) Rei & Asuka. But I'm not going for it. I'm happy with the figures I have. In fact I find them better than these new versions - granted: need to see more detailed pictures. I'm happy that Medicom finally decided to complete the big three by making Shinji though.

Ordered Shinji, will pass on Rei and Asuka.

How do I feel about these re-issues? Medicom handled this very nice. The old versions and the new once differ enough from each other so they can not be confused. Perfect. If someone missed those fabulous figures the first time around, here's your chance.

Last edited:
Back