Medicom DK

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im sure what evilface means is, with direct light and seeing all the colors and plastic shine on the figure that pic makes the medi look toyish, its a good pose and a great photo, but it shows off the toyish quality of the cast plastics and colors of the figure.

Now if the colors were more muted, and the belt the proper color it would look better, but you can adjust alot in photos, tins just showing the figure off in its accurate colors so nothing wrong with that, just can look toyish.

I know alot of people rave about the HT belt,a nd i like it too but its actually oversized, mainly the buckle, the Medi's belt is technically more accurate size, just has the wrong layout (no capsule on the right side) and wrong color. I think repainted it'd be fine though.

EDIT

Here's what a little color adjusting can do:
TDKMed5.jpg

Im even tempted to get this figure just to see what i could do with it to make it better, but with the HT DX looming and the fact that it would come with accessories i'd want, its almost pointless to lay down the money on the medi right now.

Bingo! He looks good in your edit. The stock belt and that pail ken doll looking skin throws off the look.

And for the record, I have no interest in a TDK suit Batman from anyone. HT Begins suit > *

wrong, I like the medicom but am not declaring it the winner, if you would read ALL my posts (lol) you would find out that I have said more than once that I am anticipated to see the DX version (upgrade of V1 TDK) if there will be one.

So I HOPE there will be a DX version of TDK, with upgrades of course otherwise I would not make sence. But if there will be no DX version, only then I will declare the Medicom as the winner :)

A upgraded V1 TDK would mean first of all: better headsculpt + sleek body (like medicom), I don't care as much for additional accessories as to those 2 upgrades of the figure itself.

So I hope Hot Toys will also listen to us about that ;)

My mistake. It just seemed like that to me. :lol

I disagree with most people saying the Medicom TDK Batman is slightly better than HT's TDK Batman...

...I honestly think Medicom's TDK Batman BLOWS HT's OUT OF THE WATER. Seriously, it's not even close in my eyes. I do not own a single Medicom figure, and own ALL the Hot Toys figures from TDK...and even I gotta say this makes the Hot Toys one look mediocre (not easy to do). Medicom's TDK Batman IS Bale as Batman. The headsculpt, the perfect suit, the scale, did I mention the headsculpt? In the battle of TDK Batmen, Medicom not only knocked HT's version out cold, but knocked him clear out of the ring and into an ambulance. Next round...Medi vs HT DX...

Sweet revenge from the brutal beating Medicom recieved from HT's Jokers.

I am not even waiting for DX...I'm buying this Medi NOW. Medicom...thank you.

^ if Medicom wanted to knock HT out cold they could have given their TDK Batman a better paint job on the face and belt. They could have also not stuffed the suit with foam/fluff around the legs. And has anyone found a way to attach the cape in a more appealing way?

In any case, I do think Medicom did good on this one, better than HT anyway. Now if they could only be this consistent with there other licenses.

I honestly think Medicom's TDK Batman BLOWS HT's OUT OF THE WATER. Seriously, it's not even close in my eyes. I do not own a single Medicom figure, and own ALL the Hot Toys figures from TDK...and even I gotta say this makes the Hot Toys one look mediocre (not easy to do). Medicom's TDK Batman IS Bale as Batman. The headsculpt, the perfect suit, the scale, did I mention the headsculpt? In the battle of TDK Batmen, Medicom not only knocked HT's version out cold, but knocked him clear out of the ring and into an ambulance. Next round...Medi vs HT DX...

Sweet revenge from the brutal beating Medicom recieved from HT's Jokers.

I am not even waiting for DX...I'm buying this Medi NOW. Medicom...thank you.

I get the feeling you really like the Medicom TDK Batman, which is cool. But I also get the feeling like you REALLY want to declare Medicom the "Winner" of the best TDK Batman suit in whatever competition you and others have made up with Medicom vs. Hot Toys. :lol

Said that to Riko a couple pages back. I think it applies to you more though. :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

plasmid303 said:
has anyone found a way to attach the cape in a more appealing way?

According to Agen the cape doesn't even come off. :monkey4

I get the feeling you really like the Medicom TDK Batman, which is cool. But I also get the feeling like you REALLY want to declare Medicom the "Winner" of the best TDK Batman suit in whatever competition you and others have made up with Medicom vs. Hot Toys. :lol

Said that to Riko a couple pages back. I think it applies to you more though. :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

:lol I posted that full of glee as I ordered the figure...I have since come down from my high. I am no Medi fan. In fact, I know very little about them. It's like Subway coming out of nowhere to completely destroy CRM's Torrance figure. I am sure Medicom has been around longer than Subway...I just never really wanted to buy any of their figures. They looked cheap. This figure is a winnner though. I just call em like I see em. Let's see how the DX stacks up. Simple as that.

i really love the headsculpt!! can someone from sg sell me the head sculpt? if really can i would really like to have a recast of it.(but i know is impossible) hehe. and also can someone post pictures of medicom tdk with takara batman begins? thanks in advance!!

:lol I posted that full of glee as I ordered the figure...I have since come down from my high. I am no Medi fan. In fact, I know very little about them. It's like Subway coming out of nowhere to completely destroy CRM's Torrance figure. I am sure Medicom has been around longer than Subway...I just never really wanted to buy any of their figures. They looked cheap. This figure is a winnner though. I just call em like I see em. Let's see how the DX stacks up. Simple as that.

Anytime someone shows any appreciation for Medicom figure's they get slapped with that dumb mediKid/MediFan crap. I don't see Medi fans calling HT fans or SS fans SS and HT kids?? I like both Medi and HT (more HT than Medi ) and HT has great stuff but this Medi Bats is so much better! "Call em like I see em" is right. That said, HT could still kick some balls with there new DX Bats...But I think it's going to be close.

This is good for us because it puts pressure on hot toys. Hot toys probably already knew how this one was going to turn out and decided to do the dx edition and knowing hot toys there not going to aloud medicom to take the crown as it has done for now. that why im going to wait

Back