Medicom Darth Maul

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How many hands does this figure come with? I saw 4 sets in the package and I am guessing that the figure itself came with a set of hands already attached so that sounds like 5 sets of hands if I counted correct. That is incredible and really lends itself to some great poses.
In my opinion the figure looks thin but that is not a bad thing. I always invisioned Ray Park to have a similar build to Bruce Lee. Does the figure have a thin body like the Bruce Lee figure?
Either way, thanks for all of the pics, now I am seriously thinking of taking the plunge and getting this figure. Just looking at these pics I can see endless possibilities of positions for display. My wallet is just going to have to be the wingman again...

Hey Callous, do not cut yourself short.Your own sculpt is awesome!!
You are an artist and your interpretation is very worthy to stand up next to anything on the market today. Everyone here (I would think everyone) loves to see your work.It would be great if you posted more often,would love to hear your critiques and see more of your work.........

hear hear!! always luv Callous' work. that gritted teeth Maul sculpt of yours is my fave ever! love that look. :maul the movable eyes are awesome too, but i gues that's pretty much a Triad thing.

I'm also wondering if the Medi Maul uses a regular 301 Kai body with no other sculpted muscles added on. What's strange about this particular figure is that he's almost the same height as the SS Maul. Did Medicom use extenders to increase the figure's height? It looks about a half-inch taller than other Medicom SW figures (or many other Medi figures in general).

Btw Piccolodaimoh, I think the Medi Bruce Lee uses a unique body that approximated Bruce's physique better than the regular 301 body.

huh, had a photo of Medi Bruce, but it won't show up. oh well.

Better question does medi maul have the same wrist joints as bruce lee?

Looks like it, and my question is better! :p :

image2947.jpg

Bruce hands photo by master Edwint:
IMG_3229.jpg

I'm also wondering if the Medi Maul uses a regular 301 Kai body with no other sculpted muscles added on. What's strange about this particular figure is that he's almost the same height as the SS Maul. Did Medicom use extenders to increase the figure's height? It looks about a half-inch taller than other Medicom SW figures (or many other Medi figures in general).

Btw Piccolodaimoh, I think the Medi Bruce Lee uses a unique body that approximated Bruce's physique better than the regular 301 body.

huh, had a photo of Medi Bruce, but it won't show up. oh well.

Oh, I have the Bruce Lee figure but I was just curious if the Maul figure has a similar style body or one that Medicom made specifically for Darth Maul. It would be nice if Medicom made the figure with the idea that some of us want to pose him with the shirt off, like all those great pics of Maul shirtless.

Lerath, this figure better have the same wrists as Bruce and Blade or else it just wouldn't make sense. From what I have seen most of the newer figures from Medicom have these types of wrists. I could be wrong but I don't think so.

It's a resculpt of the Gentle Giant statue's head.

767864373_f38a284050_b.jpg

Here's my photos. They're full body shots mostly so no close-ups of the head. The images were much larger before I uploaded them. :monkey4 Should still give you a good idea. He did an awesome paintjob.

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=659797&postcount=923

Hey thats mine! I took that photo a while back. Callous sold like 8 or so headsculpts several months back, just by offering to do so on one of these forums. (I think Mediworld). I was lucky enough to get one. I'd say he got bombarded with requests and has been burnt out. I dont think he plans to do any more.

Yea Callous sculpt/ altered cast/ whatever it is called is the best one out there I think. I Love the intensity of the Medi one though. SS one is pretty well rounded but doesnt seal the deal for me.

I plan to use the medi maul body, hands and boots plus altered SS clothing, and a callous head. Should be fun!

Wow. Already 331 posts since my last one. This thread is crazy. Some of you have some pretty good poses as well. But I would love to see something really unique and dynamic. I know that there is enough talent on this board to get something fantastic. I found a few very cool poses, but they were really put off by the broken legs and arms. For 172.00 (shipped) these quality issues are not tolerable. Mine will be replaced. I wonder how many of the "1,000 only" pieces were held back for replacing the ones that are broken like mine. Am I the only one with issues like this?

I think the comparison only highlights that the hood on Medi Maul came out better and the articulated neck is helpful as well. I'd almost like to see Sideshow revisit Maul with their new body, but it'll never happen with as long as it took to unload the first one with so many thousands made.

I think the only way SS could justify making him again is with a Speeder bike addition.That or some other rendition of the character.

You're nuts man, come on SSC sculpt definitely looks like Ray Park. Medicom's does too but you can't poo poo SSC sculpt just on principle. Now you're just arguing for arguments sake. :rolleyes:

Agreed...I like SS's Maul sculpt...there was a photo many pages back of it unpainted...looked a lot like Ray Park...

Sideshow sculpt=prefect Ray Park likeness as Darth Maul.

Medicom sculpt=perfect representation of the Darth Maul character.

They are both great sculpts, period.

I think the only way SS could justify making him again is with a Speeder bike addition.That or some other rendition of the character.

Well, if they did his costume in some different materials, molded some new hands and did them the second time around in a way that has wrist articulation, and went with a portrait that had a different look like open mouth or something, it could be different enough, but like I said, even with his bike, I just can't ever see them revisiting him, he's not like Luke or Han where there were multiple movies and looks, he was a one shot deal. Unless they did EU comic and tattooed the base body.

Sideshow sculpt=prefect Ray Park likeness as Darth Maul.

They are both great sculpts, period.

Exactly, Sideshow's figure is a better replication of Maul as seen in Phantom Menace, Medicom's is a better reflection of Maul as a general character.

Exactly, Sideshow's figure is a better replication of Maul as seen in Phantom Menace, Medicom's is a better reflection of Maul as a general character.

I don't understand that logic. What's the difference?

The difference is Darth Maul from the Phantom Menace has to reflect Ray Park's facial structure as well as height and body mass, where you can still have a cool figure that has the costume and the tattoos and all but doesn't refelect the actor from the film. Medicom's figure looks too tall/slender to really reflect Ray Park, and until I get mine in hand, I can't truly comment on how the sculpt reflects Ray.

Ugly example of it, but, Hasbro's first 12" Darth Maul had Ray's head nailed in the sculpt, as well as Hasbro ever would get, but their subsequent 12" Mauls, while not looking like Ray Park anymore, still were cool figures of Darth Maul.

The way I see it is the same way I look at my Hot Toys Superman Returns Superman. IMO he doesnt capture the likeness of Roth from he film but PERFECTLY captures the Superman character.

Same can be said about the Sideshow Maul and the Medi Maul.

Like I said above:

King Darkness said:
"Sideshow sculpt=prefect Ray Park likeness as Darth Maul.

They are both great sculpts, period."

Sideshow Maul is more a Ray Park head sculpt with Mauls makeup applied to it. Medi on the other hand, doesnt really look like Ray Park IMO, but captures the character of Darth Maul, perfectly.

Back