Medicom Blade RAH Version 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vader AL said:
yours can't bite mine because it can't open it's mouth. :)
Yeah, but neither can yours, since he's to busy gritting his teeth and looking constipated.:lol

But mine can still beat your's with his sheer badassary.:emperor

Jedi_Knight Rob said:
Yeah, but neither can yours, since he's to busy gritting his teeth and looking constipated.:lol

But mine can still beat your's with his sheer badassary.:emperor

well you'll just have to mail me yours so i'll know for sure. :monkey3

Yes, this is a necropost, but we are talking Medicom Blade, and it's taken this long to finally get here. Almost. Some ebay sites have it listed as ready to ship.

It doesn't say 'in stock' on Sideshow site, but I just got hit up by Cornerstore for my pre-order, and they get there's from Sideshow. This is my only pre-order through them, so it must be for Blade. Hopefully they'll have the courtesy of emailing me, but who knows. Even so, it would have been nice to warn me prior, rather than post. Anyway, the horse has bolted.

Quite a vast range in prices too. From $85 right up to $170. :google

I think Rock83 was looking for a parted out coat from this version. Looks like it's coming, so it may be time to bump up your wanted ad when people start posting pics, and time for you to keep your eye out on ebay matey.

Yep = seven day notice came a week ago - should be shipping any day now.

Order 14 Feb 07. Almost 20 months.

I think this is the record for longest time between preorder and delivery.

Speak of the devil

Processing Alert Notice
***READ ONLY E-MAIL***
***DO NOT REPLY***

Dear Valued Collector,

We will begin processing all orders for the Blade RAH 12-inch Figure collectible (item #4352) on September 23rd. We ask that you have the funds available on your credit card by this date to ensure the successful processing and shipment of your order.

Finally arrived. It's a fairly basic figure.

Two pair of hands and a stake as the accessories. The coat is the best thing about it. It's wired around the hem and along two of the vertical seams. The katana's scabbard is glued to the back of the coat. The belt is held on by, not one, but two belt loops. The belt buckle doesn't work, so at the back they used velcroe to make it removable. Why? I don't know. Velcroe sucks, and this small amount will hardly tighten the belt around his shorts.

Yes he's wearing leather shorts with poxy hard plastic hems. That's something that surprised me. It's craptacular. Actually, it's very weird. They're not shorts at all. They're pants. They're like shorts because of these hard plastic rings that go around his leg. Below these rings they go skin tight, but it's all one piece. The sunnies fit extremely well, and his red eyes are a very deep red, so they're not as pronounced as they appeared in the proto shots. I'm really glad I paid the lowest price of $85 for this.

Finally arrived. It's a fairly basic figure.

Two pair of hands and a stake as the accessories. The coat is the best thing about it. It's wired around the hem and along two of the vertical seams. The katana's scabbard is glued to the back of the coat. The belt is held on by, not one, but two belt loops. The belt buckle doesn't work, so at the back they used velcroe to make it removable. Why? I don't know. Velcroe sucks, and this small amount will hardly tighten the belt around his shorts.

Yes he's wearing leather shorts with poxy hard plastic hems. That's something that surprised me. It's craptacular. Actually, it's very weird. They're not shorts at all. They're pants. They're like shorts because of these hard plastic rings that go around his leg. Below these rings they go skin tight, but it's all one piece. The sunnies fit extremely well, and his red eyes are a very deep red, so they're not as pronounced as they appeared in the proto shots. I'm really glad I paid the lowest price of $85 for this.
Thanks for the review Creech!
It doesn't sound like this one turned out alright. If you're really disappointed by the pants and coat, you could buy some Triad replacements. I think Medicom's Marvel comic figures are closer to 12" so any standard 1:6 scale replacment should do the trick, but it's unacceptable to pay even $85 for something that needs costly replacements.
BTW, Triad also makes a metal "glaive" and stake set you can but here:
https://www.triadestore.com/metal-glaive-stakes-p-1955.html
I had to cancel full priced Blade because of lack of funds, looks like it was the right decision. Hopefully I can pick him up later at a reduced price.

I know I probably made it sound bad, but it's still a cool figure to look at. The head sculpt is okay, even with his weird grin.

The coat is fantastic. The pleather material is so thin, it's perfect. Even without playing with it, it looks dynamic, because of the 'wire'. If it is wire. You can feel there is something there, but it's soft and pliable, not hard like wire. It's nice and tight, down to the waist, and then it flairs out, and there's so much of it. It really is the best thing about the figure.

I had looked at the Triad stuff, when I went to update the body of the Marvel Studios version I have. Just a touch more money than I had to play with at the time. Looks like their clothing set is all sold out and gone now. I may swing it for the glaive and stake set, but it's really more suited to the Marvel Studios version. At the moment I'm putting everything on hold to pay for the new Enterbay Bruce, which should be any day now. He has those really hard plastic boots, but I'm sure with a good hot water soaking they ought to come off, hopefully without his foot still stuck in the boot. Fragile Medicom and all that. I just don't want to chance it. I'll just leave this one, as is.

And you're right about his size too. He comes in at 11 3/4 inches. It's odd that they make the comic versions a decent size and their other figures shorter.

Last edited:
Yeah. :lol From comments I've read, this one is almost the same as the one that came with the DvD's, so I can only say one thing. Slack.

Got my Medi Blade yesterday. Personally I love it, but I'm not the most objective person. I think if you're a fan of the movies you can't go wrong with the Marvel Studios Blade, especially if you can get him cheap. I recently got one MIB for $46 +shipping and I think he's well worth it.
Considering Medi Blade goes for about $85-$90 at the cheapest I would probably recommend MS Blade for the value.
The only slight disappointment with Medi Blade for me is the tight leather-ish pants that limit the hip articulation. There was a bit of this with X3 Wolverine but it's much more pronounced here. Other than that he is a great piece, IMO. As Creecher pointed out he is simple but very well executed, IMO.

blades.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I can only back up what YoNoSe has said. The Marvel Studios Blade is a great likeness of Wesley Snipes, with undercut hair style and tattoos, and it's fully kitted out with gear, costume and weaponry. Though the weapons are toy like and oversized, and his battle vest has the majorly oversized three 'buckles', or whatever they are supposed to be, that do look silly, but then he does have all, except one, holster for all his weapons. You can't go wrong buying this one. He looks real as is and you can swap out his body and update other bits later, as you see fit. Mine suffered from weak knees, so put him on a tru-type.

The Medicom one is simplistic but sleek, doesn't have the freaky hairdo, but looks the part. Medicoms friendly packaging means you can pull him out of the box and set and forget. Adding anything to him will probably negate his look, so it's not a matter of making a whole one out of two, or swapping his jacket over.

Here's a review of the first Medicom Blade, that pretty well sums up the new Medicom Blade. Seems to be exactly the same apart from head sculpt, and the new one comes with a set of outstretched clawing hands.
https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_050907c.htm
and here's a review of the Marvel Studios one.
https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_031403.htm
On mine the boots were really hard, but became pliable with a good soaking in Hot Water.

k3q99h.jpg

I may just pick up the Medi Blade from SS with the $50 GC I got from the Iron Man DVD Box Set. I like the look of the comic version. Even though I like the V1 Blade head sculpt better than V2, V2 will do because of the price tag.

Back