McFarlane Toys: The Walking Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, officially series 7 is just the 4 - Michonne, Carl, Gareth, and the Mud Walker. But it does appear they are advertising Bandana Herschel and Season 1 Rick with them. So either they will be the flashback figures of that wave (6.5 perhaps?), or they are the real 7.5 and BBTS has the new Rick and Flu Walker mislabeled (not the first time they've done that). But its safe to say we'll get these flashback/variant figures before series 8 no matter how they want to label them.

Yeah, this Rick is very likely just the series 6 Rick with a riffle instead of flashlight suppressed handgun and bandaged hand and a differently painted shirt. The flu Walker is definitely a new character, but the reused body really just makes him a variant, one I'm quite pleased with to be honest. I just hope they don't think they can get away with that kind of reuse on new, human characters. I don't want a Beth or Lori on a Michonne or Maggie body. A new walker using some of old parts, that's OK.
Both ricks, Hershel and the walker are 7.5 I asked them myself

I don't get the mad love for Beth either. She didn't really do anything. Her death was appropriate. She was free and clear then decided to bring a knife to a gun fight.

Beth was my least favourite female in the series. I wasn't sad that they killed her off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I hate that beth is going to win. She's useless
I gotta call ******** on that poll. By allowing everyone to vote as many times as they liked, on a poll that was very difficult for non-collectors to find no less, certainly skewed the numbers to an unnatural outcome. Hell, in thirty minutes yesterday I alone increased Lori’s poll numbers three percentage points! In my opinion this wasn’t a poll at all but rather a way to get some people to feel like they are part of the process while simultaneously putting Beth on top by an unwinnable margin to capitalize on the momentary Beth-mania in hopes of pulling in new collectors/buyers. While one could argue that is a pretty solid business strategy, when ya get right down to it, the poll doesn’t honestly reflect what core collectors want and it is a slap in the face to the base of core collectors. Particularly since it looks like they have now “fixed” the poll and switched to a one-vote poll without throwing out the artificially inflated numbers.

My first real custom in about 15 years, I did do a really simple black paintjob on a Adam Warlock in 07' or 08' but I wasn't actually trying to get back into customizing since I liked commissioing and had been having them done for me for 12 years now.

I chose two different kinds to start with to get me back into it.

Shane Walsh "Season 1 inspired look".

Chose this version to try see if I could get different shades of blue to look okay as well as paint a skintone. Repainted the arms and whole neck area on the torso to match the head. Went with a off-white on the tank top so it wouldn't be too bright, thought about making it dirty but I liked the cleaner look. The shirt is a baby blue and dry brushed with a lighter blue then white followed by some brown here and there. Pants are a mix of blue and gray with some off-white & gray drybrush.

zz21Bu9.jpg

jPKTYDe.jpg

u9CVNQB.jpg

s6O8s7n.jpg

sBXa0rS.jpg

Recipe:
Walgreens Shane Walsh head and shotgun
Two-pack Merle Dixon torso and pelvis
Series 5 Tyreese thighs - boots
Series 5 Glenn Rhee arms

Next up is Glenn Rhee based off his look in Season 4, Episode 1 "30 Days without an Incident",

I like most of the versions I've seen online but really dug the look in S4, E1 the most. Wanted to see how clean I could get the white and black to look with the miniature brushes I bought. Got it where I really liked it but after they were sealed I realized not all of the joints were trimmed fully so had to trim and sand until it looked okay and was functional. After that I just wanted to be done with white for now. I'll probably fully repaint the alternate head the original Glenn comes with but I want to get more comformable with skintones. Had to switch out the Riot Gear feet for Glenn's so he would be the same height then I sliced off the RG feet padding and got it to fit right on the Glenn feet.

5T3JUvy.jpg

cbigV4i.jpg

rv2VsY5.jpg

py4b10h.jpg

4Ny9BP4.jpg

wdQu0tL.jpg

Recipe:
Series 5 Glenn Rhee head/torso/pelvis/upper legs & Riot Gear Vest
Series 4 Riot Gear Zombie arms/lower legs
Series 3 Merle Dixon Feet

I've got bodies for a few others (Lori/Beth/Bob/Sasha), just need to figure out who I want to tackle next. I want to get into sculpting again so I'll look into buying some Apoxie sculpt.

I gotta call ******** on that poll. By allowing everyone to vote as many times as they liked, on a poll that was very difficult for non-collectors to find no less, certainly skewed the numbers to an unnatural outcome. Hell, in thirty minutes yesterday I alone increased Lori’s poll numbers three percentage points! In my opinion this wasn’t a poll at all but rather a way to get some people to feel like they are part of the process while simultaneously putting Beth on top by an unwinnable margin to capitalize on the momentary Beth-mania in hopes of pulling in new collectors/buyers. While one could argue that is a pretty solid business strategy, when ya get right down to it, the poll doesn’t honestly reflect what core collectors want and it is a slap in the face to the base of core collectors. Particularly since it looks like they have now “fixed” the poll and switched to a one-vote poll without throwing out the artificially inflated numbers.

They haven't fixed it. I just voted numerous times to test it out. I do agree with you though. It should've been one vote only from the beginning.

I saw Todd mentioned that there going to reveal what the new building sets are sometime in the next month, including some that haven't been shown off at the toy fairs yet. Hopefully they'll have more than three environments in this next wave. Which I'm sure they will since he keeps saying they've sold really well and the first wave of any line is usually to test the waters.

At SDCC they had art for several sets in a binder - Dale's RV, Prison Cells (stackable vertically and horizontally), and the Woodbury gate. They didn't have that Boiler Room in there yet, so I imagine we'll see all 4 of those at Toy Fair with hopefully some more. I'd really like to see a Governor's tank set - especially with all of the other prison stuff they've made. It would really make for a nice diorama. Plus they could probably double dip and use the tank parts for an Atlanta Tank with Rick and Horse later on.

At SDCC they had art for several sets in a binder - Dale's RV, Prison Cells (stackable vertically and horizontally), and the Woodbury gate. They didn't have that Boiler Room in there yet, so I imagine we'll see all 4 of those at Toy Fair with hopefully some more. I'd really like to see a Governor's tank set - especially with all of the other prison stuff they've made. It would really make for a nice diorama. Plus they could probably double dip and use the tank parts for an Atlanta Tank with Rick and Horse later on.
A tank would be awesome and they seem to be focusing on the prison/Governor story arc, so it wouldn't suprise me if we see it soon. And aside from Rick and Daryl I think the gov has had more variants made than any of the others. And no prison set is going to be truly complete without it. I just hope they don't slow down with the production on these. At this point I'm looking forward to these more than I am the regular figures they're doing.

:exactly

I dig especially Shane! He turned out great and far better than the stupid original.

On a sode note: I have realized that buying TWD figures from BBTS is much cheaper than buying them in German shops, although you have to add shipping and taxes. They charge 20€/25$ a figure overhere! :lol

Thanks, I got some feedback back from a friend of mine over at Fwoosh and I'm gonna wait a day or two and then add some blood splatter to them so they don't stick out being clean looking.

I've got bodies for a either Sasha or a updated Maggie, Bob or someone using Glenn's body, Lori or Beth. Just looking for a loose/cheap comic Andrea for parts, and a head/headcast of Aveline De Grandpre from McFarlane.

:exactly

I dig especially Shane! He turned out great and far better than the stupid original.

On a sode note: I have realized that buying TWD figures from BBTS is much cheaper than buying them in German shops, although you have to add shipping and taxes. They charge 20€/25$ a figure overhere! :lol

The biggest problem ordering them online though is you run the risk of getting a shody paint job. But BBTS does have good prices. Especially if you have a little patience and wait until they mark them down after a few weeks.

If anything, it'll at least look more like him since his face is covered. I like the chopper and single release one's face sculpt, just not the paint job.

Back