McFarlane Toys: The Walking Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am having an issue with the Bungie Guts Walker. The Bungie guts keep falling it. As soon as I took it out of the package and tried to stand him they fell out. It has a sort of peg on the guts and hole in the figure for it to fit in but it's way too loose. I believe it's supposed to be removable though. It's also supposed to be able to be hung bu the guts but no way is that even possible unless glued in.

Been a fan of the Walking Dead since issue #22 and I really like the show, changes and all. I've been thinking of collecting the tv line for a while now and finally jumped on. I ordered Rick, Carol, and Abraham from series 6. I'll get Hershel, Governor, and Bungee Guts Walker during Black Friday online. Planning on getting all or most of the Walkers, Tereese/Glenn/Maggie from series 5, Andrea from series 4. I want Carl, Michonne, Garrett from series 7.

I found a loose two-pack Merle, then I think I want Daryl with the Motorcycle but if I can't get it at a good price, I may get the single release.

Does anyone have any of those that I listed?

Saw the whole wave minus the Gov at Gamestop and only picked up Rick and Abraham. :D I'll try my luck with Carol and Hershel on friday.

ivirtig.jpg

zlAnWLS.jpg

fcIZCBV.jpg

65qqXYV.jpg

Wish Rick had longer legs and a better paintjob and that Abraham had ankle movement but overall pretty happy with them. I'll prolly futz around with the paint later.

My Gamestop had them as well (one thing I love about gamestop is they pretty much get their stuff at the same time nationwide). The 'case'/endcap thingy is 1 of everyone else, 2 Ricks, no Governor. The cashier asked me if there was anything else he could help me with, so I asked about the Governor. He's not even in their system, so they just didn't get him yet anyway. I know there was talk originally about the Governor being an exclusive like Rick was in Series 4. So there may be some truth to it after all. Too bad too, he's one of the ones I wanted most.

Abraham has pretty good paint, as does Herschel and the zombie. Carol is OK. Not horrible, but not great either. Rick is the real loser of the wave and I'd highly suggest picking him out in person if possible. Of the two they had at the store, one was good and the other horrible. He looked like a mummy. He had this grey wash over his pancake make up on over his face. Way too heavily painted. Its a great sculpt but its drowning in bad paint. A repaint (even better with a stripping first I'd bet) would make him look great. Hopefully later batches look better. I plan on getting several Ricks and Herschels and Governors before this wave is done.

In other news, BBTS has my 10" Rick in stock, so I finally hit the ship button on the pile of loot.

Yeah, the eyebrows do look too light. Almost non existent in distance pics. And Rick is usually always squinting so those brows are key to his likeness, whether people notice that or not. I think darkening those up and adding some grey to his beard would really bring out the likeness more. It is a good sculpt (its a scan of Lincoln after all) but its just hiding behind bad, thick paint. Carol too.

And just as a general FYI, since I noticed the issue in Noodle's pics, Abraham is a LEFTY. Or more accurately, I think Cudlitz is as his character on Southland was also a Lefty. Just a thing to keep in mind if you want him posed accurately ;)

That's looking really good Turd :rock

I'm really surprised how grey Andrew Lincoln's beard is.

The-Walking-Dead-Season-5-trailer-05.jpg

He's not that old, but his beard being so grey adds a good 10 years to him instantly. Funnily, the most recent episode his beard is a lot browner now. I can't tell if he's just supposed to be dirty or if he picked up a pack of Just for Men :lol

ustv-the-walking-dead-season-5-gallery-images-9.jpg

I'm just trying to figure a way out now to use the new comic Rick torso on this new TV Rick get a pretty close match to his current t-shirt look. That darn right hand makes just a torso swap into something more complicated with an arm swap too. Although I hope when we get another (but much needed) Rick, it will be the suede jacket version. Ideally, he'd have swap out arms for the T-shirt look.

Thanks, man! I appreciate it. I've been thinking of modding the comic series 1 Rick by using the jacket and playing around with parts to make the suede jacket version Rick.

Rick really isn't horrible. He looks better in person. But yeah, the paint is a bit disappointing. But I wouldn't call him horrible. In fact, I don't think any figure in this wave is. After opening them up, I'm happy with every single one of them. Sure the zombie isn't all that useful outside his hanging pose (which I didn't have a problem achieving) but he still looks nice for what he is. While I love the humans we are getting, I feel like we are way behind in the zombie department, especially females. I'm personally hoping for the church lady floater from the foodbank in a future wave.

Nah, think paint apps this time around are much more hit or miss all around.

@Buttmunch: haha man, that's good to know! I saw the lefty holster but didn't think too much of it. :p

Also gave Rick a slight makeover since the paint was getting distractingly bad the more I posed him with the other figures. Shaved off the neck areas under his ears, touched up the skintone, and repainted the face. Also had to fix the peg on the unbandaged hand since I broke it on the third or fourth swap. :p

ekSzBuQ.jpg

Back