McFarlane Toys: The Walking Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Season 5 Rick isn't too far off from what I'm doing with mine. I'm using the series 3 comic Rick Torso though instead of the series 2 TV Rick. The Arm joints mesh much better. It was a simple head and arm swap without any mods needed there. Going to have to dremel out the torso too though. That new Rick has a massive torso peg! I also trimmed off some of the extra plastic above the belt. The new Rick's belt is actually a separate piece, but they've molded his butt too it and some extra on the top for some reason. Frankly I think making the belt instead a fully separate piece from the rest of the body would have been a much wiser choice as they could always plug that sculpt on to any new Rick they do. But with the attached butt and torso padding, its pretty much only good for this sculpt.

Hoping to swap the holster to the left side on one of these as well, but I'm not sure just how much of the belt that will leave ruined on that side and how much work that might be to clean it up. I'm definitely not going to try and stripe the shirt though :lol

Hopefully, tomorrow I'll have season 5 Rick done except for some minor repainting he'll need (like his face and the florescent red paint for the machete handle).

How are you guys displaying your build a sets? I am thinking about diving into them but I am having a problem figuring out what to set them on

How are you guys displaying your build a sets? I am thinking about diving into them but I am having a problem figuring out what to set them on
Because of the Prison Set being so large I had to move my Phillies figures off the top of my computer desk hutch and put the sets there. It's just temporary though until I find another solution.

FullSizeRender(6).jpg

Those sets look great. If I could fudge the scale for the 5" line, I would go crazy with the Prison set.

I think the shear size of them is why we haven't. That prison set looks huge and the figures that go with them are less than 2" tall.

And if anyone is thinking about jumping into the building line, today is the week to do it. All of the building sets are 30% off at TRU this week. I'm thinking about going and grabbing a second prison set to have a second tower at least. And extra fences can always be used. I'd probably throw the extra Glenn on ebay to recoup a little more and add the walkers to the growing herd.

Also, checking Walgreens today, I saw they have the 5" line on sale for $10 this week. Really hoping to be able to find the Governor this week now. I'll probably grab another Michonne too at that price for the fish tank and maybe repainting her to her current season 5 shirt.

That's good to know, I'll call my Walgreens today to see they got anything in yet. Two weeks of nothing Walking Dead.

Seriously, no one has the Walgreen's item number for the Gov? It would make finding him SOOO much easier!

Big Heads Up!

TRU has 30% off of the WD Build a Sets. I went there today just bowing and noticed the sign. Then I went on my phone to find the TRU E-Receipt for the Prison Set (the others sets I had were past 30 days) and went to customer service who price matched and have me $21 and change back!

Managed to swap Abe and Carol but the only Rick Fig they had was worse than the one I was going to exchange:(

9336c89ebf17977abae0bc0da875cf77.jpg

ca7202f856f01972d7f8e7cfac253ace.jpg

Also Abe is really Oily @_@

d5b81c2fb20f3d3881b36ea30256103a.jpg

c4cb3b8918dabc3c8f9854708c025bb3.jpg

I think the shear size of them is why we haven't. That prison set looks huge and the figures that go with them are less than 2" tall.

And if anyone is thinking about jumping into the building line, today is the week to do it. All of the building sets are 30% off at TRU this week. I'm thinking about going and grabbing a second prison set to have a second tower at least. And extra fences can always be used. I'd probably throw the extra Glenn on ebay to recoup a little more and add the walkers to the growing herd.

Also, checking Walgreens today, I saw they have the 5" line on sale for $10 this week. Really hoping to be able to find the Governor this week now. I'll probably grab another Michonne too at that price for the fish tank and maybe repainting her to her current season 5 shirt.

Grabbed the sets after seeing them on sale. Apparently I suck at guessing figures in the blind bags. Anyone know if there is a place people are selling any?

I think ebay is your only option. I suck at them too. I was able to guess the humans, but the walkers are all pretty similar with only the pet having really much of anything distinct to feel for. Michonne's sword makes her easy. The Governor's big coat makes him easy. Got lucky on Carl as he was my first one I bought and I think I just got lucky on Daryl too. I ended up just buying all of the zombies from my store and selling the extras on ebay. There is three full sets of zombies in a case, based on what I got. I think the humans are packed less. Maybe two sets? None of the figures seem short packed at least.

Wow the 30% off is very tempting. I might get this sent to a shipping company in US and then forward it over to HK. The costs saved can go to the shipping fees and get this much earlier. These might not even come out in HK.

Shame the tower isn't on sale on the online store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back