McFarlane Toys: The Walking Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enjoy! :yess:

image.jpg

Yay someone posted my picture! Lol a buddy of mine sent me a photo of them. Just a photo of the action figures were displayed. :( I was hoping for a series 7 announcement as well. :(

They finally had a poster with the series 6 tv figures on it at their booth (same pic as above) and they do look fantastic on it. Can't wait to get them all. Especially happy about Herschel's shirt not being blue!

They also had a book with some of their future builds sets : Dale's RV, Prison Cells (expansion packs), Cell Block C, prison gate spikes (with impaled zombies), and the Woodbury gate. They all looked great. I'm hoping some tanks will be in the cards later on too.

On thing I noticed today about the builds, but didn't like is that there are going to be common, uncommon, and rare figures. Zombie Sophia is the first rare figure in wave 1 of the blind bag singles. Not pleased with that and the main reason I hate blind bags. I just want to be able to buy a full set somehow. I'm fine with picking up some random zombie packs from time to time, but I want to be able to get 1 of everything easier.

They also had a book with some of their future builds sets : Dale's RV, Prison Cells (expansion packs), Cell Block C, prison gate spikes (with impaled zombies), and the Woodbury gate. They all looked great. I'm hoping some tanks will be in the cards later on too.

On thing I noticed today about the builds, but didn't like is that there are going to be common, uncommon, and rare figures. Zombie Sophia is the first rare figure in wave 1 of the blind bag singles. Not pleased with that and the main reason I hate blind bags. I just want to be able to buy a full set somehow. I'm fine with picking up some random zombie packs from time to time, but I want to be able to get 1 of everything easier.

Great news on the future sets. Not happy about the chase figures though.

In all fairness to Mcfarlane there HALO Micro Ops were not that bad and they were minute. They managed to get a lot of detail on very small figures. They were lousy sellers though customers did not like the size.

Agreed,

I'm not convinced either. Lucille (limited to 2500) is sold out and is listed on their site as such. Ezekiel isn't even listed at this point and never got that second run.

Last edited:
Dat Herschel leg!!

Man I'm sad they didn't show em off properly in a nice display with all their waves especially at a convention built around comics and pop culture. Sometimes I just wanna see different angles and sometimes super high rez shots. Buying all these regardless of whatever happens to the paint between proto and production. The fact that most will have the new Daryl hip articulation has me sold on top of most of em being must buy characters for me.

I have a feeling we are going to see a deluxe Ezekiel packed with Shiva. I picked up one black and white and a color at comicon as well as Lucille. As I was paying i walked around the corner to the Mcfarlane booth to look at the build up figures and to my surprise he was there signing, so I got both figures signed. I also stayed across from the con at the Omni and I happen to run into Kirkman, didn't get an autograph cause I had nothing to sign but did happen to get a photo with him and also Michael Rooker later on in the evening on the street, con was fun. I can't wait for the new series comic series with Rick, Andrea and Dwight.

Back