McFarlane Toys: The Walking Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just ordered up a Daryl with the chopper. Will share some pictures when it arrives.

Bri

30sab6v.jpg

This one looks badass. Love the added elbow articulation.
It looks like the right shoulder may be a ball joint that allows some up and down movement of the entire arm. If the pic and the silhouette are accurate, it appears that the scan arm is is angled slightly higher than the silhouette arm, which is at almost a 90 degree angle to the body. I agree that the arms are probably interchangeable under the sleeve. This line isn't really meant for articulated movement but rather static display. Regardless, Rick will look badass next to Daryl, who I can't decide if he looks better with or without the poncho. I can't wait to see who's next! :)

Oh haha, i was confused with what rick you were talking about

No problem buddy. :hi5:

Just ordered up a Daryl with the chopper. Will share some pictures when it arrives.

Bri

Great minds think alike pal. Mine should be here any day now. :yess.

It looks like the right shoulder may be a ball joint that allows some up and down movement of the entire arm. If the pic and the silhouette are accurate, it appears that the scan arm is is angled slightly higher than the silhouette arm, which is at almost a 90 degree angle to the body. I agree that the arms are probably interchangeable under the sleeve. This line isn't really meant for articulated movement but rather static display. Regardless, Rick will look badass next to Daryl, who I can't decide if he looks better with or without the poncho. I can't wait to see who's next! :)

Is that version of Rick coming out in-scale to match Daryl and his Chopper buddy?

I think the forthcoming 5 inch basic assortment Series Six Rick is very close to this version, if not the same, and is indeed the same scale as Daryl w/ chopper. Hope that helps. ~HSZ

Thank you my friend, much appreciated. :hi5:

So my Daryl and his Chopper arrived today and it is one awesome set and I really like the likeness as well. Picking up this set was a great idea and I can't wait to get a Rick so that I can display them together.

Some pics -

Qbpy8SHl.jpg

Lip9YOPl.jpg

SZ3LQ9Al.jpg

rPszB3hl.jpg

hXHZfNkl.jpg

sOHCEivl.jpg

rDgkf1El.jpg

YiiRZt4l.jpg

FzHc1pVl.jpg

It wasn't too long after I took the above pics that I went ahead and dirtied/bloodied him up a little bit, (I always planned to do this anyway). I dirtied up his face, neck and arms and I also repainted his hair a little more. I then bloodied up his arms and I also gave a small dab of blood to his face and I also bloodied up his knife.

This Daryl has been hunting Zombies for sure.

Some pics -

0R6mkEol.jpg

GVbAZrVl.jpg

N46f5ygl.jpg

yxgS59il.jpg

QzJaUJxl.jpg

GAd3ARkl.jpg

BpnMVi0l.jpg

agkTda1l.jpg

Props on the Daryl weathering Sidious-66. He looks great! Thank you for the detailed pics as well, it's much appreciated! Oh, the Rick you're looking for is due in October. Here's a scan. I hope this Rick is what you're looking for my friend:MF14541lg.jpg

Props on the Daryl weathering Sidious-66. He looks great! Thank you for the detailed pics as well, it's much appreciated! Oh, the Rick you're looking for is due in October. Here's a scan. I hope this Rick is what you're looking for my friend:View attachment 113206

Thank you buddy, I really appreciate the kind words. :hi5:

And yes that Rick would do me nicely and I will be picking that version up. :yess:

Not a big fan of Daryl's face.. I mean he looks mexican

I was initially not likening the face (online pics) but I can assure you that it is great in-hand.

And what's Wrong with a Mexican Daryl? :D

I agree his face isn't accurate but No Biggie for me.

:goodpost:

Congratulations on getting him BuGz, well done my friend. :clap

What are your opinions on him thus far?

I like it. I find it hard to put his left hand on the handle bar. But that's not a problem. Overall a very good figure! Details are superb.
uva4y6y7.jpg

Bri

Loving the pic BuGz.

My Daryl's left hand was really stiff as well but I just slowly pulled the fingers back and then I was able to get him to grip his handle. I would not do that again in case it snaps but maybe you should use a hairdryer to heat the hand up and then it will be soft enough to grip the handle.

Loving the pic BuGz.

My Daryl's left hand was really stiff as well but I just slowly pulled the fingers back and then I was able to get him to grip his handle. I would not do that again in case it snaps but maybe you should use a hairdryer to heat the hand up and then it will be soft enough to grip the handle.
Great suggestion! That's exactly how I got 10-inch Daryl's poncho over his head-heated the poncho with a hairdryer until it was as soft as a marshmallow. :)

So glad we are getting a 10 inch Rick next. Just yesterday I was thinking how cool it'd be to have him in that scale in the pose from the season 3 poster. And now I check this forum today and we're getting exactly that!

Back