Mattel '66 Batman TV series figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Opened the 2-pack today.

To be fair, they're actually not that bad for the price.

I definitely don't like how they did the capes, so I might see if I can mod the capes by remove the tags and wires in them and then iron/steam the capes flat so they flow nicely.

I won't be using the wall stand anyway, so the wired capes become redundant for me.

They hit toys r us in Alhambra this morning...there was at least one set left...no joker or catwoman in the set I think...but I could be wrong

Good news- hope Target hurries up and decides to put out these soon. My Target only had a couple SW Black Label figures on the shelf..I think they are waiting for "official" date to put these out...

Modded the capes on Batman & Robin, they look much better in my opinion.

Pretty easy to do as it only took about 30 mins!

Removed the wire by unstitching the cape from the inside using a scalpel, then steamed the capes to remove any creases.

I was after a sleek look over the shoulders for both, so I tried ironing the caped once I made a few folds, but the cape would just open up again after the iron had been on it for about 30 seconds (It must be the fabric the capes are made of.

The only way I managed to get the capes to stay in position, was to iron with a couple of needles left in...

They are noticable from the back, but not rally from the front.

=BEFORE=

9494191959_9be25149c3_c.jpg

9494195571_a9d9079c4d_c.jpg

9497000394_9b9af21175_c.jpg

=AFTER=

9494216577_3ed5e0ffa9_c.jpg

9494212473_f7aa890382_c.jpg

9497008664_bbb219439b_c.jpg

9494203857_a303e4fcc9_c.jpg

^........they do look better like that. did you try starch on the material before ironing?

^........they do look better like that. did you try starch on the material before ironing?

Thanks..!:)

No I didn't try starch. Would that have been a better way?

I'll never see the pins in the capes, so not too worried about them I just hope they won't ruin the capes!!

I love the batmobile with Batman and robin inside. Looking at it makes me feel like a 5 year old.:lol

I picked up the Penguin, Riddler, and Batman single from Amazon a couple days ago and I love them. Amazon had them for $15.99 so better than $20 a piece at TRU. I hope they sell well enough to expand the line past the two waves already announced.

My only gripe is that I think there should have been a Robin single release instead of only being in the 2 pack.

These are all the ones available so far, minus the Batmobile. A little pricey for the size but I'm please with how they look.

293a70k.jpg

2ec40tx.jpg

2whkrk3.jpg

ir0wft.jpg

If you're planning on keeping any of them sealed in the package I would not buy them from Amazon. All three of the individual figures have a crease in the same spot. Batman's head extends beyond the card and bends very easily.

292uqkm.jpg

Came out a couple of years ago in the Hot Wheels line in 1/12 scale.

Happy coincidence I guess.

You might find that there is a plastic kit out there around the same scale too.

I believe that was the Aurora one from the '60s,reissued by Polar lights a few years ago.Damn sight more fragile and a bit smaller too I think.

Watching the Schumacher batman films and watching the 60's show, I get a similar feeling of fun when I watch them. Not that they are that alike, Forever was more "serious" movie but it still had certain feeling of craziness. I LOVE Batman Forever, and while I don't "hate" Batman & Robin, I find it a very annoying and harder film to watch. nevertheless, when I watch them I get the same sense of fun and excitement that you get when watching the 60's show. the color, the bold comic book look, not afraid to be a little silly and ridiculous, and the cool batmobiles. that's why I love both, and that 60's batmobile looks freakin amazing! I wonder how large it is, and how well it will fit in with the kenner batmobiles from the 90's.

Love the pics Thanks! The Batmobile looks awesome cant wait! So far no product sightings in New York. Hope they make the Batcycle & Batboat.

Back