Mattel '66 Batman TV series figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn! Even lower than the prices I got them for! Now is the time to get in on this line.

Thanks for the tip! Just got a full set of main characters for each kid for under $70! That is crazy!!!

Sallah

Thanks for the tip! Just got a full set of main characters for each kid for under $70! That is crazy!!!

Sallah

Do you plan on doing a Christmas video this year? Also not sure if you got my message on twitter, but congragulations on the newest addition.

Do you plan on doing a Christmas video this year? Also not sure if you got my message on twitter, but congragulations on the newest addition.

Thanks very much!

If the boys want to, we will, yeah. :) It was a heavy Batman year on the Christmas list for both, and these 60's figures will make nice additions!

Oh... and this is the first year that Blaze knows the "full story on Santa", so it will be interesting to see how it all works out...

James

I finally saw some of these at my TRU. But they only had three Jokers on the peg and two of them had bad paint. Luckily there was a good one which I bought. It was like $23 total, which I thought was nuts. A sales associate told me that that was all they had and that they will not be getting any more in.....just my luck.

That being said I really like the body sculpt for the most part on Joker. Will be buying another to make a custom traditional Joker. (Think Mark Hamill BTAS).

Also need The Penguin (the one I want the most) for my collection. Hope to make some youtube videos once I get enough figures. Also am commissioning someone to make set pieces for this scale. Will also need to invest in editing software that is compatible with my camcorder.

I finally saw some of these at my TRU. But they only had three Jokers on the peg and two of them had bad paint. Luckily there was a good one which I bought. It was like $23 total, which I thought was nuts. A sales associate told me that that was all they had and that they will not be getting any more in.....just my luck.

That being said I really like the body sculpt for the most part on Joker. Will be buying another to make a custom traditional Joker. (Think Mark Hamill BTAS).

Also need The Penguin (the one I want the most) for my collection. Hope to make some youtube videos once I get enough figures. Also am commissioning someone to make set pieces for this scale. Will also need to invest in editing software that is compatible with my camcorder.

Penguin is only $5.36 on Amazon right now. Joker's $4.33. You can get all of them for really cheap.

They sold really well, I am surprised anyone is "dumping" them, and the second wave hits in the summer!

Like others have said already, buy the complete collection off of Amazon.

I got the entire series Batman, Robin, Joker, Penguin, Catwoman, and Riddler for only, ONLY $34.02.
Add that extra Joker for your custom and qualify for free S&H.

Tomorrow, go right back to TRU and return that over-priced nightmare you just bought.

Friendly advice. :lecture

I think you're right. People will be kicking themselves for not getting these down the road. Mattel is never going to allow NECA to make Bat'66 figures in this scale, so if you have any interest at all, now's the time.

I heeded this advice, and now I see Amazon selling figures I paid $15 or more for at prices like $8.99 and $4.99 and even worse, I bought a second $30 Batman/Robin set to keep MOC and now those are on Amazon for $12.06!

Feeling a little sick now....:gah:

I see buying figures as a gamble, almost like buying stocks.
Sometimes, you buy a figure for retail and it skyrockets and holds its' value. Other times, you buy for regular prices and it plummets.

I remember I paid $25 each for a couple of NECA SDCC esclusive liquid metal T-1000 when they were 1st released. Now, I see dozens of them at TRU for $5 clearance.

We all eventually over-spend on this hobby at some point.

Thanks for the advice fellas. Unfortunately I can't return The Joker because I already opened him, but luckily I used a gift card to buy him.

I'll look into getting more from amazon, but I must say that I'm really paranoid about getting paint glop on my Penguin figure. Really need him to be very clean on the face and bowtie.

Just buy another Joker off of Amazon and return that one since you already opened the TRU one.
As far as Penguin is concerned, buying 4 off of Amazon is the same price as 1 from a retailer. I'm sure one of those 4 would have great paint. The other 3 you can give as gifts or customize.

Obviously, I'm not trying to pressure you to do anything. Just giving out some friendly ideas.

I heeded this advice, and now I see Amazon selling figures I paid $15 or more for at prices like $8.99 and $4.99 and even worse, I bought a second $30 Batman/Robin set to keep MOC and now those are on Amazon for $12.06!

Feeling a little sick now....:gah:

I wouldnt feel that bad if you were looking for mint on card ones.I just orded 4 figures off amazon myself and now afraid everything is gonna be bent and crused like usual from the poor packaging amazon uses

I ordered Penguin from amazon for $5 and he came in the mail today. He is a glorious figure, and I am very pleased with him. The only problem I have with him is the height of his torso. I need to modfiy that area to make him shorter so he can be in my movie masters collection. Kind of annoying that '66 figures are not in the same scale. Mattel's consistency is whack.

I wouldnt feel that bad if you were looking for mint on card ones.I just orded 4 figures off amazon myself and now afraid everything is gonna be bent and crused like usual from the poor packaging amazon uses

Don't worry, they will! I ordered the whole set, they came 2 days ago and the packages were bent/crunched/mangled. My Catwoman was actually open (the bubble was detached from the card). Luckily, I intended to open them anyway, so no worries here. I somehow managed to order 2 Riddlers, but I still managed to get 7 carded figs plus the 2-pack for under $60 shipped! I had intended to pass on these, but at that price I couldn't resist. Of course, I then had to spend $62 on the Batmobile on toysrus.com. :lol

I have yet to see any of these in person. And I refuse to buy anything Mattel online anymore. Makes me worried about the Burton Batman figures.

Mine '66 figures should be arriving from Amazon today. Since I'm going to open them, i don't care much for package condition. So I'm just curious as to how they will be packed.

Just got mine in from amazon and they turned out better than expected.I actually wouldn't have minded paying the origianl in store price for ones with mint cards. The Joker mustache is a nice touch

My packaged figures arrived with batman's head bent on the cards. However old chums, I was going to open them anyway.

Back