Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The he-man reaction protos are probably a sign of what's to come. I really doubt that Funk/Super7 would go through the trouble of licensing MOTU just for MOTUSCLE/ReAction test shots. I bet we will be seeing carded, painted prototypes really soon.

A couple of years ago, Super7 did release a test-shot two pack (in blue) of the Alien ReAction figures; later that year (or early in the following year), they released series 1.

As for this whole "insult to the property" talk... it's laughable. MOTU is part of the pop culture, not some work of a literary genius.

I love these different interpretations of the property and will surely get a full set of the ReAction MOTUs when they are released.

People need to chill. These are just toys. Toy collecting is supposed to be fun

I respect your differing opinion, but these are not just toys to many of us. The MOTUC line for example, each item from that line is super expensive. Many of us have spent the past 8 years funding the line with our hard earned money.

The, "These are just toys" remark is all too common among people trying diffuse legitimate debates on toy forums.

Yes, toys are supposed to be fun and they are, but as adults who spend tons of loot on these "toys", many of us demand better quality and have every right to expose the shenanigans of the powers that be.

Oh, I know man, I'm a huge fan of the property.

I also know that they're expensive. I've subbed all years so far. These are even more expensive here since I have to pay a 60% import fee on everything shipped from Matty. (I'm in Brazil, btw)

I also respect your opinion, and I assure you I am not trying to diffuse legitimate debate. I just don't understand the issue of there being other toys being made separate from the main MOTUC line. It's clear to me that you're not the target demographic for the ReAction line (and that's fine!).

They are what they are - toys that are supposed to re-create the old kenner 5-POA style of figures. They might not be your cup of tea, but for those who like this style, I think they are great. Sure, the ReAction line has been hit-and-miss so far, but there are so many different properties being produced under that line, who thought that we would get Jaws figures anytime soon - ReAction is the perfect platform for those.

So, in the end, your points are that a) you deserve amazing quality since you're paying high prices for MOTUC, AND b) that these other toys are an insult to the property.

Not disagreeing with the first point, quite the opposite, actually, since MOTUC is super expensive.

But for the second point, I don't see any harm of there being additional stuff made for the property. You don't like the ReActions, that's fine - there are some of us who do. You don't like the "Test shot" Giant MOTU, that's fine, they have released "regular" versions of those (innacuracies and all, but that's a whole other story).

The folks at Super7 are also huge fans of the property and fans of vintage toys, too. They love doing these weird crossovers. They have produced a super cool (if not expensive) vintage-looking vinyl alien figure which you can see here. That's why they made the MOTUSCLE figures. I love MOTU and I loved MUSCLE, so I'm going after those, too. Are they cash-grab? Yeah, they are a company, they profit from the items they make, but I'm sure they were aiming for an "homage" type of product. I'm glad they released those, cause they remind me of the Grenadier lead figures which I can't track down on eBay.

You can rationalize all you want, but in the end, I do still think these are just toys. You are free to walk away anytime. That's what I did, used to be a completionist for MOTUC, now I focus only on my favorite characters, even customizing them to build "ultimate" versions (like my WIP Alcala Skelly).

And even though I replied to you, Kuwahara, I'm not trying to single you out with the "these are just toys" comment. I think people should take that to heart more and have more fun collecting instead of focusing on the drama (and creating some where there is none).

Last edited:
I don't consider myself a supporter. I buy the figures because I can't get them for free, like some shills in the industry.

I'm sorry, but if you buy the figures you are supporting the line. Maybe you're not supporting it to the same degree as those who purchase additional subs, but if you keep coming back for more then your money is doing the talking.

I didn't have the luxury to see the ALIEN figures in person before buying them, nor were there any video reviews of them before hand. I took a gamble and had someone buy the early bird kit for me. When the figures arrived, the apparent lack of quality was all too obvious and quite a disappointment.

Yet you still "like them" and think they are "cool"? I think the ALIEN Reaction figures are fine for what they are. I don't expect high quality detailed sculpting and paint applications at the $10 price point from a limited production company, especially when they are trying to imitate the simple style that the vintage 3.75" action figures had. Those vintage figures weren't exactly faithful representations of the characters from the movies. They were close enough though and the best thing we had at the time.

The trinket type crap I refer to are the MUSCLES and Chia Pet, dollar store type nonsense. Cheap to make and sold for ridiculous prices. Sorry but they ARE all cash grab items. There is no quality in cash grab items aimed at the completist collector.

Super7 is absolutely trying to cash in on nostalgia, but so is every other toy company out there. I think the MOTUSCLE figures are a great crossover of vintage properties that go hand in hand. At $6 for a 4-pack they're not any more expensive than similar designer/vinyl type collectibles on the market today. The Moss Man Chia Pet is another great crossover. This is something that you would have expected to come out of the 80's and that is what Super7 is trying to recreate here. I am not a completist collector but I think these products are a lot of fun. The prototype Giant figures are definitely not my thing. We all have different tastes.

I don't have a problem with you expressing your opinion but you like to make a lot of broad generalizations about these products without having seen them in person. For example what you said above that "there is no quality in cash grab items aimed at the completist collector." You have no basis for knowing the quality of these products other than you don't like them.

I wonder if we might see Sideshow take a stab at a 12" MOTU line? Would anyone be interested?

"I'm sorry, but if you buy the figures you are supporting the line. Maybe you're not supporting it to the same degree as those who purchase additional subs, but if you keep coming back for more then your money is doing the talking."

As always, when someone doesn't have a strong enough argument, they resort to semantics. Me buying the toys in question is irrelevant anyway. It doesn't make my opinion that the quality in most of today's toys doesn't equate to the price they are initially being sold for any less valid.

"Yet you still "like them" and think they are "cool"? I think the ALIEN Reaction figures are fine for what they are. I don't expect high quality detailed sculpting and paint applications at the $10 price point from a limited production company, especially when they are trying to imitate the simple style that the vintage 3.75" action figures had. Those vintage figures weren't exactly faithful representations of the characters from the movies. They were close enough though and the best thing we had at the time."

Yup, I like them. They SHOULD have been better, but I like them. Is this where you now say I'm a hypocrite for calling something garbage, but like it anyway?
It's no different than the MOTUC line that I love so much. Much of it is garbage too.

"Super7 is absolutely trying to cash in on nostalgia, but so is every other toy company out there. I think the MOTUSCLE figures are a great crossover of vintage properties that go hand in hand. At $6 for a 4-pack they're not any more expensive than similar designer/vinyl type collectibles on the market today. The Moss Man Chia Pet is another great crossover. This is something that you would have expected to come out of the 80's and that is what Super7 is trying to recreate here. I am not a completist collector but I think these products are a lot of fun. The prototype Giant figures are definitely not my thing. We all have different tastes."

Wow, we agree on something, cool. However the difference is you condone toy companies raping customers, I don't.

I don't have a problem with you expressing your opinion but you like to make a lot of broad generalizations about these products without having seen them in person. For example what you said above that "there is no quality in cash grab items aimed at the completist collector." You have no basis for knowing the quality of these products other than you don't like them.

"you like to make a lot of broad generalizations about these products without having seen them in person."

And I have every right to do so. There isn't much to a one piece, no paint app toy. I don't need to see them in person to be able to formulate an opinion about them. I can and will do the same with the rest of the Super7 lineup.

A toy company that is well known for lack of quality but has jacked up prices (Mattel) is now letting other companies that ALSO produce products that lack quality with jacked up prices make MOTU themed products. I see it as a slap in the face. People can say these are just toys all they want, but MOTU is the definitive toy property EVER (IMO) and it deserves the utmost respect. Mattel nor Super7 pay any respect to the property and ONLY use it as a means to make profit. A good company would make the best product possible while also making a profit, What I see is less and less quality, and prices going higher and higher. Only someone who condones big business would appreciate and defend it tooth and nail.

*sigh*...
Wish there was a feature to "ignore" quoted posts...
The He-Man.org rejects strike again... :rolleyes2

Here's a new one!!
This one I DO like! :rock!

11214070_10152988067432218_4853703891017797075_n.jpg

It's funny how a few years ago people were complaining that there weren't any other MOTU products out there, and now apparently there's too many... :dunno
In any case, I'll be at Skeletor's Lair this week and it WILL be awesome! :rock!

Kuwaraha is clearly trolling, he got kicked out of He-Man.org and most likely Mattycollector, so he needs a new place to be a keyboard warrior... just ignore him dude...
it's not worth it! :peace

just ignore him dude...

You are right. I'm going to stop wasting my time.

On a more positive note, have you guys seen this 2016/2017 wish list on the Fwoosh?

Masters of the Universe Classics: San Diego Comic Con 2015 Wish List | The Fwoosh

There are a lot of good figures in there. Granted there are many characters I don't know a whole lot about and I'm not sure this lineup would get me to sub, but I like the designs and accessory selections. Lodar and Lord Masque are two I really want to see and I think Sharella would make a good generic female warrior. It will be interesting to see what Mattel brings to the table. They have their work cut out for them with all of the most popular characters behind them.

Last edited:

On a more positive note, have you guys seen this 2016/2017 wish list on the Fwoosh?

Masters of the Universe Classics: San Diego Comic Con 2015 Wish List | The Fwoosh

There are a lot of good figures in there. Granted there are many characters I don't know a whole lot about and I'm not sure this lineup would get me to sub, but I like the designs and accessory selections. Lodar and Lord Masque are two I really want to see and I think Sharella would make a good generic female warrior. It will be interesting to see what Mattel brings to the table. They have their work cut out for them with all of the most popular characters behind them.

remember this is just a 'fantasy' list...a couple of those on that list should be in 2016

Kuwaraha is clearly trolling, he got kicked out of He-Man.org and most likely Mattycollector, so he needs a new place to be a keyboard warrior... just ignore him dude...

Ironic that you call me the troll, when all I'm doing is posting threads with my opinions, completely harmless. Meanwhile you and a few others have done nothing but complain and attack every time I criticize your precious toy companies, something very commonly seen on the .org.

Yet I'm the troll. LOL!

I was never on He-Man.Org to begin with so, stop making assumptions. I know some who have been banned and I've been duly briefed on how screwed up they are over there. The admin of that site runs it like some virtual concentration camp. So I just assume stay away. Clearly a select few on here are trying to spread the .org philosophy here. WHY? You have a perfectly happy, rainbow and unicorns site to discuss MOTU. Just like not all toys meet my approval. Not all forum sites should be micro managed by backseat moderators.

remember this is just a 'fantasy' list...a couple of those on that list should be in 2016

I'm sure many of those on the list are actually going to be revealed at SDCC either in figure mode or listed as being on the 2016 roster. BCRDuke is supposedly in the know, but for some reason hasn't been spilling the beans on who's coming this year. He actually did kinda say Crita is a definite, but didn't say when.

I would definitely dig a Karg. I'm impatiently waiting for Saurod... There's still so many characters left to do, minor ones for sure, but the motu universe is just massive.

Yeah, I saw that it was a fan created list and the second half should be posted soon. They used quite a few entries on the current most wanted polls at He-man.org which makes sense and I'm sure Mattel will be including some of these. What are you hearing about SDCC reveals teemu? Anything you care to share?

TheFwoosh Wishlist is pretty great. Very few characters on there I wouldn't be overjoyed to see, and the others I'd still happily add to my collection.

Yeah, I saw that it was a fan created list and the second half should be posted soon. They used quite a few entries on the current most wanted polls at He-man.org which makes sense and I'm sure Mattel will be including some of these. What are you hearing about SDCC reveals teemu? Anything you care to share?

supposedly 2.0's are coming...Dylamug,Crita,Masque

My 2016 lineup would be:

Dylamug
Lord Masque
Major Header
Hawke/Delora
Lodar
Granita
Ra-jar
Lady Slither
Hans Hammer Holder
Sagitar
Kitrinna
Stridor
Land Shark

The only one from the Fwoosh list I'd pick up is Delora. I'd be interested in a few of the items Teemu mentioned though, especially Ra-Jar :pray: I loved that mock up of him that got posted a while ago.

supposedly 2.0's are coming...Dylamug,Crita,Masque

My 2016 lineup would be:

Dylamug
Lord Masque
Major Header
Hawke/Delora
Lodar
Granita
Ra-jar
Lady Slither
Hans Hammer Holder
Sagitar
Kitrinna
Stridor
Land Shark

:pray: The 4H could have so much fun with land shark.

The only one from the Fwoosh list I'd pick up is Delora. I'd be interested in a few of the items Teemu mentioned though, especially Ra-Jar :pray: I loved that mock up of him that got posted a while ago.

jbimgHounqO2X1.jpg

You must be talking about this one. I think the removable back pack with arms is a unique idea.

monkey

It's funny how a few years ago people were complaining that there weren't any other MOTU products out there, and now apparently there's too many... :dunno
In any case, I'll be at Skeletor's Lair this week and it WILL be awesome! :rock!

Yeah, It's called saturating the market with lame products. Expanding the MOTU property is fine, so long as it's done with class. So far, the only classy things I've seen are the Pop Culture Statues, and the recent glimpses of the Sideshow He-Man, not what I'm into but at least it's more adult oriented.

Back