Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sudden thought.
Snake man at arms armor, and head, and possilby feet

on one of the new snake men army builder figures, when they inevitably do a green one reissue I mean

I got my confirmation on Monday, shipping notice on Thursday newgistics... and I got the goods today!!

Man,
at first I wasn't to excited about this month... with all the vintage goodness from recent months...
but I gotta say, all these guys rock!!

P6164319.jpg

P6164316.jpg

P6164314.jpg

P6164290.jpg

P6164291.jpg

P6164298.jpg

P6164264.jpg

P6164274.jpg

P6164280.jpg

P6164288.jpg

Cue Gremlins theme song...

Otherwise, Griffin looks great and SMAA looks ripe for a 200X MAA revamp.

Who cares about the He-Man toys kid,how about the good lookin Mom :lol

those were the days as this picture speaks for itself.If I could go back to that time again,the shelf would be empty

I'm really interested in getting into this line, but I'm afraid it might be too late.

From the research I've done the Matty Collector website still offers the core characters, He-man, Skeletor, She-ra, and Hordak, and the animals they ride (but from what I read only bubble power She-ra can actually ride Swiftwind)

Has Mattel ever said they would re-release figures? Do you think it's worth paying expensive ebay or amazon prices right now, or do you think in the future when the line has ended and people aren't as excited about it anymore that prices will come down?

I'm really interested in getting into this line, but I'm afraid it might be too late.

From the research I've done the Matty Collector website still offers the core characters, He-man, Skeletor, She-ra, and Hordak, and the animals they ride (but from what I read only bubble power She-ra can actually ride Swiftwind)

Has Mattel ever said they would re-release figures? Do you think it's worth paying expensive ebay or amazon prices right now, or do you think in the future when the line has ended and people aren't as excited about it anymore that prices will come down?

Hey there,
I say "do it"... if you're not a completist, or are not interested in obscure characters, you should be OK.
Most main figures are still available on Ebay or some e-tailers for $30-$40 which, considering you get them at Matty for almost $32.00 with taxes and shipping, it's not too bad IMO.

Now, there are a few hard to come by ones, like Teela, Shadow Weaver, SDCC King Grayskull, Wund-Dar.

Most have been re-issued, but the newer ones after Man-E-Faces won't, so you might want to get those too before prices rise.

Good luck!! :wave

And IF you do want Swift Wind, then Bubble Power She-Ra is the way to go. She is a big improvement over the original anyways and you can remove the garish armour.

Tis altogether very girly but still very iconic I think.

But as Kuzeh, if you are not a completist, then you will have no trouble getting teh figures you want at a decent price. They are great figures if you haven't already held one in person.

Hey there,
I say "do it"... if you're not a completist, or are not interested in obscure characters, you should be OK.
Most main figures are still available on Ebay or some e-tailers for $30-$40 which, considering you get them at Matty for almost $32.00 with taxes and shipping, it's not too bad IMO.

Now, there are a few hard to come by ones, like Teela, Shadow Weaver, SDCC King Grayskull, Wund-Dar.

Most have been re-issued, but the newer ones after Man-E-Faces won't, so you might want to get those too before prices rise.

Good luck!!

Thanks for the info! I would want a Teela, and I've always liked the look and design for Shadow Weaver, but I just looked into how much she is and I'm not sure I can justify paying over $80 for a 6" action figure. The prices on the others aren't too bad, maybe I'll get one a month and spread out my spending.

Teela will eventually be reissued, she was released before the "no more reissues" policies... so, if you're patient, you might score one...

As for Shadow Weaver, yeah, that one's a tough one... it's a really cool character and figure.

I don't get the "no more reissues" business unless it's just another subscription selling scare tactic.

Teela will eventually be reissued, she was released before the "no more reissues" policies... so, if you're patient, you might score one...

I was in the same situation with Man-At-Arms. The reissue either came when I bought him or it was closing in, because feeBay prices suddenly dropped from $60 to $30.

Teela has popped back up on sale a couple times in the last couple of months. I got one to make a blonde Teela pretty recently.

The "no more reissues" thing MIGHT be a scare tactic, but another very plausible theory has been put forth. A lot of people think that reissues were actually created at the same time as the initial run, and were actually held back stock. But they stopped doing that because they were overproducing, thus no re-issues.

Not sure I buy that... but it might be possible.

I was in the same situation with Man-At-Arms. The reissue either came when I bought him or it was closing in, because feeBay prices suddenly dropped from $60 to $30.

Yea, same thing when i got my Man-At-Arms on Ebay and Orko with Prince Adam, prices dropped right before their reissues hit and stayed that way.

The only ones i am waiting for to be reissued are Teela,Whiplash, King Grayskull and Bubble She-Ra if she was released prior to Man-E-Faces i can't remember now, also trying to find Buzz-Off for a decent price.

Teela has popped back up on sale a couple times in the last couple of months. I got one to make a blonde Teela pretty recently.

The "no more reissues" thing MIGHT be a scare tactic, but another very plausible theory has been put forth. A lot of people think that reissues were actually created at the same time as the initial run, and were actually held back stock. But they stopped doing that because they were overproducing, thus no re-issues.

Not sure I buy that... but it might be possible.

This is probably true, it would explain why when you buy reissue figures they mention they have no idea if you'll get an original issue figure or one with the "ORIGINAL" burst, ie:the reissues. So that theory makes sense on a lot of levels.

They then just cut it out once they more or less realized that they weren't selling as many figures as they thought they would.

It's not too late, with the prices of toys these days, there are always people who will sell their collection eventually. I just started collecting this line around 2 months ago and I'm going to be pretty caught up mainly due to acquiring large lot of figures from collector who gave up on the line.

mq2wh.jpg

Really digging my SMAA figure, Horde Prime is pretty cool too but, think i might repaint the head a greyish white.

Back