Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They totally failed on this one. If you offer a limited collectors item, announce it before and limit the amount per order. I had these in my basket yesterday, but the kids woke up and I figured I could order it later. It's no big issue since the figures will come on single card aswell, but it would have been nice to at least know that these are limited.

Those figures will be available later as individually carded figures on vintage cards. The Power and Honor foundation (whomI work with) did a lot of work on the vintage line and I think you guys will really dig em when you see em. :)

How's the Super7 quality since taking over from Mattel? I have yet to order a Super7 release and after this debacle I'm hearing complaints on the he-man forums about their QC.

New official MOTU fine art print from Mad Duck Posters.

Teela-and-She-Ra-Madduck-small.jpg

And the variant:

Teela-and-She-Ra-Madduck-Variant.jpg

How's the Super7 quality since taking over from Mattel? I have yet to order a Super7 release and after this debacle I'm hearing complaints on the he-man forums about their QC.

They are decent over all I think. Teela is bad though. The plastic is a little different in terms or how they feel but the paint apps are very clean and tight. Other than that, they are very much the same.

The flipped crazy awesome Alex Ross print is now up for sale....for a hefty penny too I should add. Having trouble justifying $345 for a print to be honest.

Where do you guys buy S7 MOTUC stuff besides ebay? I'm searching for Fangor by S7 but the prices on ebay are ridiculous.

The flipped crazy awesome Alex Ross print is now up for sale....for a hefty penny too I should add. Having trouble justifying $345 for a print to be honest.

I was going to wait for the unframed copy on Monday, but when I checked the website around 2:30pm EST yesterday it was already on wait list. I hate to pay that much plus shipping for the framed version, but I really wanted to have this for my collection. Hopefully my wait list converts.

I don't want to get crucified on the He-Man forums, but is there an action figure out there with the same type of quality/paint aps as the Mattel MOTUC? I find Marvel Legends is very shiny and sort of a step down. Am I stuck with Mythic Legions being a comparable? I thought the DC Universe Classics was 4 Horsemen sculpted and of similar quality as Mattel made them and were doing those 2-pack vs boxes.

I don't want to get crucified on the He-Man forums, but is there an action figure out there with the same type of quality/paint aps as the Mattel MOTUC? I find Marvel Legends is very shiny and sort of a step down. Am I stuck with Mythic Legions being a comparable? I thought the DC Universe Classics was 4 Horsemen sculpted and of similar quality as Mattel made them and were doing those 2-pack vs boxes.

why would you get crucified on He-Man forums?

I think Diamond Select Marvel make pretty comparable figures to at least the first few years of MOTUC. I recently got their new Thanos and was very impressed with the quality. The Marvel Legends are getting better too I think but maybe not quite up there yet. Mythic Legions are bit different as they are not mass retail but as far as lower end 6" figures go, you cannot beat them in terms of quality. The quality of MOTUC went down I thought and the jury is still out for Super 7...kinda. I am impressed with the clean paint apps but I don't like the different plastic and ratcheted joints. Stridor looks very cheap compared to Night Stalker too but lets see.

I'm partially kidding. I'll give Diamond Select a shot. I'm a bit torn lately. Not sure if Filmation line I want to stick to or not?

I'm partially kidding. I'll give Diamond Select a shot. I'm a bit torn lately. Not sure if Filmation line I want to stick to or not?

It depends on weather you are toy mini comics guy or a cartoon guy. The Filmation figure are fine but in my opinion there has been a dip in quality since the original brand manager left.

It depends on weather you are toy mini comics guy or a cartoon guy. The Filmation figure are fine but in my opinion there has been a dip in quality since the original brand manager left.

Yeah...for all the guys annoying faults, he was responsible for producing miles better product than what’s coming out of Mattel and it’s affiliates.

Didn't Super 7 say they aren't going to re-release classic figures, unless there is something to add ala ultimates?

Didn't Super 7 say they aren't going to re-release classic figures, unless there is something to add ala ultimates?

I think they would like to but there seems to be an issue with the moulds Mattel used. I'm not sure. I only work on the new vintage line and don't know much about the classics to be honest.

Last edited:
The new vintage styled Masters of the Universe figures preorders will open on Wednesday, June 20th at 12:00pm PST!
The Power and The Honor Foundation has worked with Super7 to bring back original box art artists Errol McCarthy to create four new illustrations for the figures' packaging.
We can't wait for these new illustrations to be revealed to the fans as we're sure they will bring back some great memories and feelings as they did for us when working with Errol. :)

35518942_10156589623745820_6694305704523595776_n.jpg

Eamon, do you know if this new vintage line is going to be also an updated Filmation line extension to the original line? We will be seeing all the Masters re-done in filmation style plus new characters such as Strongarm and Batros? guessing that's super 7's plan

I just picked up Fang-Or on Ebay and, while the design looks great, the joints are a really loose, the plastic on the head is shiny under my LED lights, and there's a massive paint slop in the middle of the fanged head. All in all, unless I hear great things about future S7 figures, I'm done with this line :(

For anyone who's interested the DC He-Man comics are getting an omnibus in February:

https://www.dccomics.com/graphic-no...2013/he-man-and-the-masters-of-the-universe-0

I got the first mini-series and a couple of one-shots, which was enough to convince me I don't need this.

Back