Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I don't have any plans to cancel my subs, but I think anyone who chooses to do so is justified - both morally and legally.

The legal terms are all there when you sign up. Digital River sucks sometimes, but they don't do anything that legally breaches the terms of the subscription contract on their part. I would say morally and legally you have no justification for cancelling your subscription but that's just me. We all know some people's word isn't worth squat.

Well, well…
I got my shipping notice for items I bought on CyberMonday, and a Sub renewal notice… nothing on Grayskull yet… :tap

gotta say,waiting for the grayskull shipment is getting really annoying after Scott said they were going to ship in Nov,now he says mid- this week,but they may not ship till December 11th (make up your mind Scott)...they have them in the warehouse,so start shipping them already?.I would like to actually get billed,get this thing behind me and move on.

Teemu: gotcha, that's why i asked instead of assuming.

I disagree completely. Yes, Mattycollector has been a collection of assclowns about how they handle this line. But here is the thing.
We KNOW this by now. you go into the sub expecting screw-ups at this point, or you don't. it's not like this fowl-ups are unexpected. We KNEW this going in, and still subbed.

Stick it out, or don't sub in the first place. Life isn't allways fair, it's called be a mature adult and suck it up.

ALL customers have a right to terminate a business relationship when we are not satisfied. Again, I'm not personally terminating anything. But if someone signs up for a sub and then feels they have been treated unfairly, in a manner which they did not expect, any promises were broken, or they just found the company rude, they have a full legal right to end the relationship.

Now, you can argue that someone going into a subscription intending to break it is doing something wrong, and you'd be right. But if someone buys a sub and then is in any way dissatisfied with the experience they would be both legally and morally right to terminate the relationship. That's how it works.

I'll give you an example. I signed up for the DC He-Man subscription and waited and waited for my sub. I was finally told to expect issue #1 after issue #3 would arrive in stores. I emailed DC and told them that I wasn't interested in subbing under those circumstances. They understood, apologized, and refunded my money immediately. That's how any REAL company who cares about their relationship with their customers over the long term would have handled it.

A subscription is not a death pact, and it is light-years away from a legally enforceable contract.

ALL customers have a right to terminate a business relationship when we are not satisfied. Again, I'm not personally terminating anything. But if someone signs up for a sub and then feels they have been treated unfairly, in a manner which they did not expect, any promises were broken, or they just found the company rude, they have a full legal right to end the relationship.

Now, you can argue that someone going into a subscription intending to break it is doing something wrong, and you'd be right. But if someone buys a sub and then is in any way dissatisfied with the experience they would be both legally and morally right to terminate the relationship. That's how it works.I'll give you an example. I signed up for the DC He-Man subscription and waited and waited for my sub. I was finally told to expect issue #1 after issue #3 would arrive in stores. I emailed DC and told them that I wasn't interested in subbing under those circumstances. They understood, apologized, and refunded my money immediately. That's how any REAL company who cares about their relationship with their customers over the long term would have handled it.

A subscription is not a death pact, and it is light-years away from a legally enforceable contract.

:goodpost: exactly

that is why Scott never says, if you cancel your subscription,WE'RE COMING AFTER YOU...he knows he can't and if a customer feels they are not treated fairly as a customer should,they CAN legally break contract.His threat was, if customer's cancel,then kiss 2015 goodbye....Customer's always win in the end.

:goodpost: exactly

that is why Scott never says, if you cancel your subscription,WE'RE COMING AFTER YOU...he knows he can't and if a customer feels they are not treated fairly as a customer should,they CAN legally break contract.His threat was, if customer's cancel,then kiss 2015 goodbye....Customer's always win in the end.

I agree. I don't think that one should go into a sub with the intention of canceling after the first month, and I also don't think that one should be obligated to continue to support a company or a toyline when they are truly dissatisfied. Why should one have to give a company money despite their many missteps so that others can continue buying? I think that those bothered by the potential of some canceling early are not seeing the whole picture! Mattel has driven a lot of the fan base away for many reasons. And to make matters worse they have never admitted some of their wrong doing. The point is that we all have a right to spend or not to spend our money based on satisfaction. And we should not feel pressured to do so one way or another by a company or fellow collectors!

Now, you can argue that someone going into a subscription intending to break it is doing something wrong, and you'd be right. But if someone buys a sub and then is in any way dissatisfied with the experience they would be both legally and morally right to terminate the relationship. That's how it works.

I'll give you an example. I signed up for the DC He-Man subscription and waited and waited for my sub. I was finally told to expect issue #1 after issue #3 would arrive in stores. I emailed DC and told them that I wasn't interested in subbing under those circumstances. They understood, apologized, and refunded my money immediately. That's how any REAL company who cares about their relationship with their customers over the long term would have handled it.

I agree with you, However, i must ask the following.
What promises were broken?

The ONLY thing you're promised when you buy the sub is they will deliver figures to you. they even put in a clause in the Sub contract that delivery dates may vary, or get moved around. all that is promised is the specific number of figures.

I do see your point, however. But that sad, backing out just becuase you don't like the way they handled the deal ( after you knew they would fowl it up, and went ahead anyways) is bad form.

I am SURE someone will point to Fisto and Cobra Kahn as examples.
YES, in those two VERY SPECIFIC CIRCUMSTANCES they failed to hold up their end of the Contract, and in those instances, I feel people are/were justified in dropping their subs if they did.

But dropping your sub, just becuase a product unrelated to the sub( The castle) is expierencing some hiccoughs?

That's petty and childish, and imo demonstrative of weak moral fiber.

You agreed to a contract. They're holding up their end ( albiet Badly, they're still delivering what was promised). You should hold up yours.

Though, as was said earleir, some people's word is about as meangful as wet toilet paper.

( I Want to be clear, I'm not attacking you, nor does any of what I'm saying apply to you, I'm just doing my best to illustrate my point as clearly as I can. I'm using a universal You, not a You directed at Niceman, or Teemu, or anyone else.)

I agree with you, However, i must ask the following.
What promises were broken?

The ONLY thing you're promised when you buy the sub is they will deliver figures to you. they even put in a clause in the Sub contract that delivery dates may vary, or get moved around. all that is promised is the specific number of figures.

I do see your point, however. But that sad, backing out just becuase you don't like the way they handled the deal ( after you knew they would fowl it up, and went ahead anyways) is bad form.

I am SURE someone will point to Fisto and Cobra Kahn as examples.
YES, in those two VERY SPECIFIC CIRCUMSTANCES they failed to hold up their end of the Contract, and in those instances, I feel people are/were justified in dropping their subs if they did.

But dropping your sub, just becuase a product unrelated to the sub( The castle) is expierencing some hiccoughs?

That's petty and childish, and imo demonstrative of weak moral fiber.

You agreed to a contract. They're holding up their end ( albiet Badly, they're still delivering what was promised). You should hold up yours.

Though, as was said earleir, some people's word is about as meangful as wet toilet paper.

( I Want to be clear, I'm not attacking you, nor does any of what I'm saying apply to you, I'm just doing my best to illustrate my point as clearly as I can. I'm using a universal You, not a You directed at Niceman, or Teemu, or anyone else.)

Well, universally, I'm not saying any promises were broken and I'm not cancelling any subs. I was simply arguing that there are many many reasons which would allow one to cancel a sub for both legal and moral grounds. Really the one case I would object to someone canceling a sub is if they planned on doing so before they ordered it.

Castle's shipping out today via Facebook..

better be for real this time

Mine did not ship...what are they shipping backwards? those who ordered last get's it first?

I just got my shipping notice this morning that my Grayskull shipped out and will be here next Tuesday according to Fedex. I ordered during the last day or two of the first preorder window at the $250 price. My order had to be cancelled and reinstated last month with my new credit card information.

likely handeling the card declines first?

Nah! just more LIES from Toyguru....

He specifically said that first come,first served.I know for a fact they are shipping ***-backwards (folks at the org/matty are saying the same thing)

also,my buddy ordered his a month+ after my order and his shipped..

thanks again matty

Teemu you've been personally blacklisted by Toyguru for badmouthing POP and NA so they are going to ship your Grayskull last :rotfl

Back