Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perhaps to get us off this meaningless argument about things no one has any information about… I think this got lost in all that…

Kuzeh: Have you tried raising up the torso armor on the troopers so that their heads don't look as odd?

Yes it's doable, the armor slides up and down, and with some blue tac or something like that you can probably hold it in place, but then you have the holes from the arms floating above the shoulders.

I think Teemu is perfectly accurate in what he is saying. We ain't getting more Horde Troopers or any other figure reissued.

And Teemu has proved himself right many times on MOTUC in the past.

Speculating on future characters and releases is one thing... But saying it's impossible based solely on a PR release designed to create a "gotta catch them all" mentality is quite another.

Remember that there is an agenda to everything Toy Guru says about this line, and that agenda is to drive sales and make money.

After 2015 or so, I think there's a good chance we'll see a "best of" type of release to milk the line for all its worth. Whether that takes the form of a sub or something else - perhaps even retail - I don't know. This is all pure speculation, of course. In the end, all we're saying is that things can change, especially PR statements. :)

But whatever, I still want some Horde Troopers now, if I can. Anyone want some rare GI Joe stuff? :)

But it's not speculating. It's an educated guess at the very least and credit where credit is due, Teemu rarely gets this stuff wrong. Other things like nature and science, no. But he knows his MOTUC and I would respect his opinion on this. :)

Of all the things Toy Guru says, the firm and repeated statement of no more going into production on sites and podcasts is one I would believe.

Well at the very least it's one that's stood for quite some time. Since what 2011?

But it's not speculating. It's an educated guess at the very least and credit where credit is due, Teemu rarely gets this stuff wrong. Other things like nature and science, no. But he knows his MOTUC and I would respect his opinion on this. :)

Of all the things Toy Guru says, the firm and repeated statement of no more going into production on sites and podcasts is one I would believe.

Kind of my point. By speculating, I was talking about the figure guesses, by the way.

This, though, is just repeating what Toy Guru is saying - the fact that he's saying it over and over again doesn't make it any less possible that he will either change his mind, or that it was all a PR/marketing stunt to begin with, because the only real truth here is that Mattel, and therefore Toy Guru, wants to make money.

Well at the very least it's one that's stood for quite some time. Since what 2011?

That is true, but that's only a couple of years. Here are the factors people seem to be ignoring:

Toy Guru has repeatedly said things - with a high degree of certainty, or at least that was how he wished to be perceived - which turned out to be false. We don't need to get into specifics, here - we all know this has happened.

Everyone seems to agree that with no - or at least very, very few - "essential" releases to come past 2014, this line is in danger of ending. That's fine - all good things have to come to an end, after all. But will Mattel let the line peter out, or will it change its position on certain practices and reissue certain best sellers in order to maximize profits?

Yeah, I realize that fans talking on forums isn't any kind of market research - but assuming that there's not enough demand isn't necessarily true either. There's at least SOME evidence that there is.

I don't even know if what I'm saying is likely - but saying it's IMPOSSIBLE is a flawed position. Really, saying anything is impossible is almost always untrue, philosophically speaking. ;) Especially if money is involved.

Anyway, I'm done arguing. Someone sell me some Horde Troopers. Even just ONE would be nice at this point. :)

Seriously, someone must want a SDCC TTT Slaughter out here.

Oh yeah I certainly wouldn't say it's impossible but I also don't think it's all that possible to guess how likely it is. At least based on observable things, Mattel often at least /seems/ to make really illogical decisions sometimes so who knows, maybe they'll stick to their guns on this one even if it doesn't seem to make any sense.

I think Teemu is perfectly accurate in what he is saying. We ain't getting more Horde Troopers or any other figure reissued.

And Teemu has proved himself right many times on MOTUC in the past.

Thanks Eamon

Oh yeah I certainly wouldn't say it's impossible but I also don't think it's all that possible to guess how likely it is. At least based on observable things, Mattel often at least /seems/ to make really illogical decisions sometimes so who knows, maybe they'll stick to their guns on this one even if it doesn't seem to make any sense.

It's not impossible...No...but from based on MOTUC's production History so far,I'd say Toyguru means it when he says there done...(at least for now)

though,I also don't see a 2016 line either...'15 "might" happen,but anything past that,they will have run out of characters that people will be willing to pay the higher prices for.2016 would be just obscure characters

It'll be interesting to see what they do for 2014 even. Not much left on the table and because of that they might do some stuff I really dig as I like when they do more obscure characters.

Hey, just a friendly heads up to anyone who didn't know but "He-Man the Most Powerful Game in the Universe" is now available for android phones. I just installed it on my Galaxy S4 and am having quite a bit of fun with it.

DPrime said:
. reissue certain best sellers in order to maximize profits?

I'll eat my shirt if they start reissuing the most wanted figures. I never got why some aren't "essentials" and gone after such a small run. Then you got the gougers on the line snatching up and re-selling the same day for 2-3x the price on Ebay....

I get the "collector' part, but a lot of fans got stiffed frequently on a lot of characters. One of the reasons why I sold off my entire collection. Tired of paying 40-50$ because of bad business.

Back