Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We know you can’t announce specifics, but will there be any new subscriptions annnounced to be offered for MattyCollector at SDCC?

We will only have two subs to offer but there will be another big big surprise for fans to pre order during the sub sales!

I wonder if they finally gave in to the Battle Ram pre-order

SDCC hurry up and get here lol

He-man and the Masters of the Universe was hardly the work of Donald Glut alone. There were many hands in the pot in laying this foundation and he was part of a design team at Mattel. Dude got paid by corporate to develop this property further just like all the other designers there. If you don't like corporate taking ownership of your work while you are there, don't work for corporate.

:exactly: :goodpost:

Actually he was a writer, not a designer... so his contribution was even less significant than other guys involved.

We know you can’t announce specifics, but will there be any new subscriptions annnounced to be offered for MattyCollector at SDCC?

We will only have two subs to offer but there will be another big big surprise for fans to pre order during the sub sales!

I wonder if they finally gave in to the Battle Ram pre-order

SDCC hurry up and get here lol

Has to be Battle Ram...

I believe Eamon also does illustration work for a living and I'd be surprised if he didn't feel the same way.

Oh tell me about it! All of the Hasbro work I do can never ever be shown in public.
When you accept a job and sign the Non Disclosure agreement for any company, that's it. Bye bye to any ownership!

I redesigned the whole Jem toyline, some Blythe Dolls and every Transformers Prime bit textile merchandise has my art on it and know one would ever know.

This Glut fiasco seems like oppertunism to me.

If a company commissions you to do work, they own that work. It's a simple as that.

Had Glut come up with this stuff first and then sell it to Mattel, then that would be another story but Mattel hired him to create a story for Mattel. He would never had written that story had they not commissioned him!

They are still saying no on Battle Ram

1. No-ah: Scott was quoted as saying that if Castle Grayskull did well, the Battle Ram might be the next pre-order. Also, when asked if more vehicles were on the way, Scott told the fans more than once to buy more Wind Raiders if we want more vehicles. But now, after the Wind Raider has sold out, Scott has been quoted saying that because the Wind Raider took so long to sell out, the ship may have sailed for other large vehicles like the Battle Ram, which contradicts what we were told before. Since a pre-order only goes through if we hit the number necessary and you've already paid to design and create the tooled prototype, a pre-order would appear to be a no-risk situation. Is the Battle Ram pre-order still a possibility?

Definitely not at this time. The Windraider simply took too long to sell through and there is too many "human man hours" needed to produce a toy like the Battleram or any vehicle outside maybe small one manned things or deluxe accessories. Vehicles are actually quite complicated, at least compared to a basic figure. We have such limited resources for the MOTUC line and we are putting all of those into trying to finish up the vintage MOTU, POP and key NA, mini comic and animation characters by 2015 (pending we get enough sub holders each year to have a 2014 and 2015 line). Fans really do vote with their purchase (yes we know you are sick of that line but it is just true) and we did not sell enough Windraiders at full price and quickly enough to justify any more vehicles at this time. Even with a preorder.

so what could this BIG,BIG pre-order be? a MOTU Prop sword? Snake Mountain? The Fright Zone?? or maybe a figure? Modulok?

Last edited:
Just throwing it out there...
Maybe Battle Bones???
Doesn't require the amount of tooling and deco than other vehicles or playsets, and I'm sure fans would love it!

Not sure if I would be interested in that....never cared for the vintage one....Maybe its Stridor or possibly a MOTU prop of some kind? This one has me stumped

It just now occurs to me Mattel has recently discovered micro transactions and are trying to apply the business model to MOTUC. Though I guess in a way they have been doing that with Barbie for decades.

Can't wait for the ultimate SDCC 2013 reveal: The Mighty Specturd Mini-Mate!!!! :horror:horror:horror

SDCC fan vote for 2014 is Lord Masque VS Huntara

I vote Masque

so one of these is confirmed for 2014

I'd vote for Huntara. She looks like a bit like Asajj Ventress, my favorite Star Wars character.

I'd vote for Huntara. She looks like a bit like Asajj Ventress, my favorite Star Wars character.

She looks like a famous quote by Weird Al...."A Lesbian Nazi hooker,abducted by UFO's and forced into a weight loss program" she matches that to a T

Back