Master Replica's 2007 Star Wars Releases

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Customikey said:
Did they ever get the problems with the ROTS Vader helmet worked out?

Not really. While there have been some that received a "flawless" helmet, others have not been so lucky; and, now, MR has stated that they are not accepting exchanges for it. So, if someone were to get a flawed helmet from MR, either they keep it, or return it for a full refund. So much for standing behind your product.

Sith Lord 0498 said:
The scaled helmet replicas are appealing to me, but some of the pictures showed the old Riddell versions on display. Did MR just have Riddell resurrect that line or are they merely placeholders meant to give an idea of what their versions will look like?

On Rebelscum an MR Rep said they would be retooling some of the Riddell helmets.

If MR sticks to the true scale of the X-Wing and Vader's TIE I would expect them to be close to the price of the Y-Wing.

nash said:
The only things from there im actually interested in is the Obi TPM FX saber and possibly the Mara Jade CE.

im with Nash!! my favorite Obi Wan saber is getting an FX treatment. maybe the mara jade... not sure because i already have one.

boba flint said:
On Rebelscum an MR Rep said they would be retooling some of the Riddell helmets.

Hmm...don't know how I feel about that. I do have the Riddell Darth Vader helmet, and it's one of my favorite pieces. But I'd like to see brand-new helmets made from scratch rather than seeing mere retoolings. I guess if the price is right though...

Mini-Rock said:
Not really. While there have been some that received a "flawless" helmet, others have not been so lucky; and, now, MR has stated that they are not accepting exchanges for it. So, if someone were to get a flawed helmet from MR, either they keep it, or return it for a full refund. So much for standing behind your product.

Wow...I'm glad I couldn't afford those helmets. That really sounds like a shoddy deal especially since MR's been saying for months that replacements would be forthcoming.

I can't wait to buy the limited and then the signature and then the elite and then the non-sucky and then the nuclear and then the numbered with plaque and then the numbered without plaque and then the deluxe editions. They will rock!:chew :chew :chew :chew :chew :chew :chew

I received my Vader LE helmet over a year ago and I could not find one fault or blemish with it so I never sent mine back. Ditto the Clone Trooper helmet. I can't believe they had so many problems with these. I'm lucky mine were flawless but it took them nearly a year just to get replacements made. I kept getting these update e-mails about how they kept getting replacement shipments from China and kept sending them back. Wow. And I bag on Sideshow's Quality Control.

iansilv said:
I can't wait to buy the limited and then the signature and then the elite and then the non-sucky and then the nuclear and then the numbered with plaque and then the numbered without plaque and then the deluxe editions. They will rock!:chew :chew :chew :chew :chew :chew :chew

ive been saying this for 3 years. look at the CE medal of Yavin for example... i could've sworn that i bought the same thing years ago.

musts for me..YODA FX aww yeah so cool.ep1 OBI FX more than likely as well.Those mini helmets look great as well as do the CE's

Regarding the mini helmets, this was posted by Bryan from Master Replicas over at Rebelscum:

"Let me give you some information about the mini helmets. You are correct, the ones that you see here are the Riddell Helmets. MR has come to an agreement with Riddell to purchase their tooling.

We are currently reviewing these helmets for accuracy and we will be improving/correcting the details and decorations. We will also be designing a new base. This was a perfect fit into our line, since these helmets are .45 scale, just like our mini lightsabers! However, due to the schedule, the ones on display in NY are the original Riddell versions.

As Amy had mentioned, we are in the process of developing the Clone Trooper helmet for release in 2007."

Not that I really care because I don't collect the scaled helmets but what if the mold of the helmet is off? I can see them altering a few surface details but if the originall Riddel mold is not truly exact then why not just use the Lucasfilm archives at their disposal to get precision measurements and bring something new to the party than recycled castings. I'm sure this was cheaper from a business perspective to buy another company's existing molds but when you have the resources available at your disposal as MR does why not raise the bar and make something to surpass them in terms of quality? That would be like Corgi buying Hasbro's Titanium molds and releasing the same diecast vehicles all over again. Why bother?

SolidLiquidFox said:
which one is left to do? I think they did them all.

Qui Gon, Obi-Wan Ep I. I'd also buy all the secondary Jedi like Kit Fisto, Shaaki Ti, Plo Koon, S. Tinn, Aayla and the rest. I just really like the mini sabers.

no idea bro, it hasnt been finalized and announced yet. but im guessing early 07

Looks like the going rate of the EPV Obi-Wan LE, on the secondary market, keeps dropping (much like many of the other LE's) but I'll be hanging on to my LE for now. Here's hopin we get a Ki-Adi PF to pair along with the MR CE saber.

Any links to pics of the helms? (Pics at beginning of post not working for me)
I like scaled helms (as can be evident by my lotr helms)
Would be nice to see what is coming.

Scriff

:monkey2 Most of you likely received the email, the CEs have been nixed. :sick I was really hoping to get the ANH Obi Wan. :monkey2

Back