Master Replica Muppets Line Dead! NOT!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Master Replica Muppets Line Dead!

It may also have something to do with the fact that many people would like actual puppet versions of these, rather than posers.

The reason they did this is because apparently there's some sort of a clause from Disney/Henson that doesn't allow that. I think it's to avoid some people trying to cash in using the actual puppets for shows or something of that nature.
I'd love to have an actual puppet, but it this is the closest we're going to get, works for me!
Too bad the line died... :monkey2

I have all three and think they are awesome. Got all as soon as each came out, so I didnt get the savings some of your guys are! Just noticed Gonzo at BBTS $69.99!!!! Hunt them all down if you can! They look so cool together :D

DSC00021.jpg

Thanks for that pic. I think im only going to get Kermit and Gonzo. If they had made the rest of the band I would get Animal. At least I have the band in action figure form thanks to Palisades.

The reason they did this is because apparently there's some sort of a clause from Disney/Henson that doesn't allow that. I think it's to avoid some people trying to cash in using the actual puppets for shows or something of that nature.
I'd love to have an actual puppet, but it this is the closest we're going to get, works for me!
Too bad the line died... :monkey2

The closest thing to an actual Muppet that you can buy is the Build your own What-not Muppet from FAO Scwartz. Or have someone custom make you one. There was a couple people who use to sell them on Muppet Central.

The closest thing to an actual Muppet that you can buy is the Build your own What-not Muppet from FAO Scwartz. Or have someone custom make you one. There was a couple people who use to sell them on Muppet Central.

Oh yeah, I heard about that FAO deail, actually you can do it on-line!
it's awesomely neat, but those are generic Muppets.

As for a customized one, I remember seeing some as well at Muppet Central but they were pretty expensive...
During last year's ComicCon, there was a guy with an awesome Gonzo muppet,
here's a pic of it:

Gonzo.jpg

I have that same shirt! :lol

That Gonzo looks great! If I was ever to commision a Muppet replica puppet it would be Gonzo or Link Hogthrob.

I think I'm going to have to get Gonzo! The price is too good to pass up right now.

If anyone lives in or around the Kingston,MA area I suggest you go to the Independence Mall and check out Newbury Comics they have all 3 of the Muppets available there in the front display window.
:chew

Great store! :rock One of my fav comic/toy/music shops in NE. Fair prices too. I picked my Rambo 3 there uber-cheap.

I don't understand how people think the likenesses are THAT off--maybe I'm not that die-hard, but I think they look great.

And $70 plus S&H at BBTS is a great price for Gonzo even with $25+ in shipping--but the listing sez BACKORDER, so who knows if they'll get more in.

I have Gonzo, Believe me you won't regret it, It's amazing :)

I have Kirmet and have debated getting the other 2, but for the price I might cave in and get it.

Animal arrived today!!!
Amazing Figure!!
:rock :rock!!
This is seriously my collection's grail from now on!!
He's huge!!
And just pure awesomeness!

I need to play with it a little bit to make it look right,
I'll try to snap a few pics later this week...

Wohooo!!!

Not the best pics,
but I wanted to show him up!!
Hopefully I'll be able to get some more pics soon!!
This is the GRAIL of my collection...
words can't describe how cool this guy is!!

muppet-1.gif

AnimalFullsize.gif

animal8ee0nc.gif

Pics Below!!!

He does look pretty good. If they had done a Dr.Teeth or Rowlf, I probably would have paid the full price for one of those.

Nope only 3 were released before they closed up shop; Kermit, Animal and Gonzo.

I'm just lad they got the chance to release
my favorite Muppet!! :rock!!!

Congrats Kuzeh! I love my Kermit and Gonzo and I was probably not gonna get Animal--but, man, your pics totally just swayed me into looking for one for a good price.

Your making me want to get Animal. I didn't realize his Eyes could be articulated.

Sad to see all the praise and excitement after the line is pretty much dead. Fozzie looked to be absolutely awesome, but now I doubt we're gonna see him. If I could find a good puppet prop builder ... I'd love to commission someone small like Robin or some random Muppet food.

Sad to see all the praise and excitement after the line is pretty much dead. Fozzie looked to be absolutely awesome, but now I doubt we're gonna see him. If I could find a good puppet prop builder ... I'd love to commission someone small like Robin or some random Muppet food.

I've been loving this line since it was first released, but could not afford it...
Check the Muppet Central forum, there's a bunch of puppet builders that have awesome work!!

Back