Marvel's The Punisher - Netflix series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I enjoyed this series but I did have a few issues with it. Frank didn't wear the skull enough for my liking and I can't ever see him not engaged in his war. Frank doesn't stop, doesn't rest, or do anything that doesn't further his war on crime in the comics. In the comics he lives to kill criminals. It's his sole purpose and mission in life after losing his family and he doesn't waver in his conviction. For me, that element is lost in this series. Frank would never give up his war or just try to live a normal life. It's not who he is.

Actually in the comics over the years that has been something Castle struggled with. At times he thought about a normal life but then things would happen and reinforce what he is now. Garth Ennis really showed the monster serial killer Frank who is nothing but the Punisher at this point in his life. I like all aspects of=ver the years since he is a one note character a lot of times. He really is almost like the villain in his story because he wont stop punishing himself as he kills the bad guys. Very deep character at times but he shuts everything off that he can to hide what he considers flaws now.

I enjoyed this series but I did have a few issues with it. Frank didn't wear the skull enough for my liking and I can't ever see him not engaged in his war. Frank doesn't stop, doesn't rest, or do anything that doesn't further his war on crime in the comics. In the comics he lives to kill criminals. It's his sole purpose and mission in life after losing his family and he doesn't waver in his conviction. For me, that element is lost in this series. Frank would never give up his war or just try to live a normal life. It's not who he is.

The war against criminals was something he was already doing during Daredevil s1/s2.

The Punisher s1 was after all that. They even show him burning his skull vest.

Not sure if you really watched it considering these were all covered in the show.

I can see season 2 starting off the Punisher again considering we get the vest back.

Season 1 was to give him the backstory whilst showing present conflict carried on from his past.

I personally dont want to watch a Punisher series with him just killing off random criminals.

MCU and Netflix Marvel succeeded because they tie everything up in a bigger picture.

Actually in the comics over the years that has been something Castle struggled with. At times he thought about a normal life but then things would happen and reinforce what he is now. Garth Ennis really showed the monster serial killer Frank who is nothing but the Punisher at this point in his life. I like all aspects of=ver the years since he is a one note character a lot of times. He really is almost like the villain in his story because he wont stop punishing himself as he kills the bad guys. Very deep character at times but he shuts everything off that he can to hide what he considers flaws now.
I like my Punisher unrelenting and brutal. There's always plenty of criminals to punish.

For those saying Disney could never make a Logan or Deadpool need to watch E11 of this show.

Yeah that argument no longer has any validity whatsoever sorry Disney haters.

Im on episode 4 and im loving the frank stuff and the army stuff,

But the female agent lady....what a load of crap... what a cringey character ..... dear god that sucks the life out of the show...
Give me 40 minutes of frank hammering a wall, but dont make me listen to her stuff....dear god....
And that goofy partner of hers....jesus wtf were they thinking...

Micro is pretty awesome. The Flow of the show is going well. Love the backstory stuff and love the soldier meet up stuff.

But that lady is gonna make me hate this show if she is meant to be a big main character...

Im on episode 4 and im loving the frank stuff and the army stuff,

But the female agent lady....what a load of crap... what a cringey character ..... dear god that sucks the life out of the show...
Give me 40 minutes of frank hammering a wall, but dont make me listen to her stuff....dear god....
And that goofy partner of hers....jesus wtf were they thinking...

Micro is pretty awesome. The Flow of the show is going well. Love the backstory stuff and love the soldier meet up stuff.

But that lady is gonna make me hate this show if she is meant to be a big main character...

She’s a huge character lol

Nice body though.

Ok episode 5 just started, nice rack... but her dialogue is insufferable

Last edited:
For those saying Disney could never make a Logan or Deadpool need to watch E11 of this show.

Yeah that argument no longer has any validity whatsoever sorry Disney haters.

Disney had nothing to do with it. Its a Netflix Original.. They just licensed the franchise from Disney. Hell, I am pretty sure there is another layer to consider with Marvel TV.

Disney had nothing to do with it. Its a Netflix Original.. They just licensed the franchise from Disney. Hell, I am pretty sure there is another layer to consider with Marvel TV.
Correct.

DD already did stuff on part with Logan, in terms of violence, that was never the argument, the argument was for the movies.

And so far it stands better than ever.

Not that the kind of movies they make requires that violence, it's a moot point from me.

:exactly: in fact Disney is ending it’s partnership with Netflix at the end of this year I believe. So no more SW or Marvel films on Netflix next year :thud:

The buck stops with Disney.

Wait so you’re really going to tell me that Netflix HID from Disney all the gun violence, decapitation, violence onto children and sex in this Punisher show, really?

Who cares what’s happening a year or two from now we’re talking about the now.

No difference tv or movie.

If anything a movie is only 2 hours long Disney allowed this level of violence for way more hours than just a movie length.

Irrelevant the core of the debate remains “Is Disney capable of allowing hard violence or not with any of their properties”

That argument was shut down when DD debuted yet when the Fox purchase went public here we went again with that nonsense lol

No it wasn't, because Disney CANNOT do it, they have to use a proxy like Netflix which allows the artists ALL the artistic freedom they want, through a different channel, for a different audience.

Disney cannot, and will not release any resemblance of that kind of violence, because it would alienate their very loyal audience who expects nothing but family friendly, mild cartoon violence and 90% humor from them.

Think Deadpool release, a bunch of parents bewildered at the gore and obscenities of that movie aking; "Wasn't this supposed to be a Marvel movie?"

Don't get me wrong, the kind of movie Disney/Marvel releases does not need nor benefits from that kind of violence and darkness, but they couldn't do it if they wanted to, and it serves them no purpose business wise.

At most, I would see them doing a bloodless violence in TLJ

No TV(Netflix) and movies. Big difference.

Precisely. Some people just don't understand that, or at least try to.

There is a reason why there is no "Disney" label at the beginning of the Netflix shows.

Just because they own the rights to them does not mean they want their branding on them.

Branding exists for this very reason.

Back