Marvel and Fox Horse Trading?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see Galactus and Surfer as essential to an FF reboot. There are quite a few FF villains that are more important - it's not like they'd be giving away Doom. And since DD isn't really part of any group it's not imperative that Marvel get him back - he can operate in his own little world quite nicely. Unlike, say, Spider-man.

Oh, and those wishing for a Defenders team-up - I think Universal still controls Namor, although you'd think it would have reverted back to Marvel since they haven't gotten a movie out in the many years they've had the option.

edit: Apparently Uni doesn't control Namor any more - Feige said recently it's just Sony and Fox with characters.

Last edited:
I don't see Galactus and Surfer as essential to an FF reboot. There are quite a few FF villains that are more important - it's not like they'd be giving away Doom.
Apart from Doom himself, I'm not sure there are any FF villains more well known or important to the history of the comic as a whole than Galactus. The first coming of Galactus has gotta be the single most well known storyline from the history of their comic. But yeah, they've got Mole Man, and the Puppet Master, Annihilus, Blastarr, the Frightful Four (Pastepot Pete, FTW!!), and, uh, Super Skrull? Not exactly Batman's rogue's gallery in terms of well known nemeses, but then again, that's the case for lots of well known characters and teams (Avengers and even Superman included).

I see Galactus and Silver Surfer having more value to Marvel Studios than Fox. Fox's last FF movie featured the characters and the film's under performance resulting in scrapping a third outing in favor of rebooting the franchise later. Even if a FF reboot was successful I think it would be a while, possibly after a couple of sequels, before they tread that ground. We'd see Galactus and SS much sooner with Marvel Studios than Fox. I just wonder what Marvel Studios plans to do if they get them back.
I think its a great deal if it works out.

Apparently this was reported further than it should have been, blogs are reporting that the horse trading was premature and in reality they might allow DD to go in favor of FF.

Apart from Doom himself, I'm not sure there are any FF villains more well known or important to the history of the comic as a whole than Galactus. The first coming of Galactus has gotta be the single most well known storyline from the history of their comic. But yeah, they've got Mole Man, and the Puppet Master, Annihilus, Blastarr, the Frightful Four (Pastepot Pete, FTW!!), and, uh, Super Skrull? Not exactly Batman's rogue's gallery in terms of well known nemeses, but then again, that's the case for lots of well known characters and teams (Avengers and even Superman included).

Skrulls as well. Especially recently. :huh

Skrulls as a whole first appeared in Fantastic Four, but I wouldn't guess they would be more strongly associated with them than, say, the Avengers nowadays. They probably developed most notoriety for the Kree/Skrull war stuff that took place in the Avengers.

I'd like to see FF back with Marvel. Its an awesome franchise that needs Marvel to back it into what it could become. I also love the idea of them developing the Defenders as a franchise; or just cultivating Dr. Strange on screen somehow. I'd love to see how hes handled.

Daredevil deserves a good movie, preferably by someone like David Fincher.

FF can suck my butt.

It does sound like from articles im finding that there is some confusion as to what is going on. Hopefully, Marvel Studios gets the rights back to something. I'd rather it be Galactus and Silver Surfer, now that I've seen Thanos on the big screen. I can't imagine Daredevil really fits into Marvel Studios plans right now. It seems Theyare more interested in giving some new characters movies that haven't happened yet.

Daredevil deserves a good movie, preferably by someone like David Fincher.

FF can suck my butt.

this guy knows what he is talking about :lecture

I care a lot more about Daredevil than Fantastic four, plus those two AWFUL horrible turds of movies did not help,

I mean, if they do a good F4 movie then great, but I rather see daredevil again,

My head explodes a little when I think of all the great movies that Marvel/Disney could be doing. I hope they get the FF back eventually but even if they get DD back now it is still a win for them. Now that they have Punisher back they could do these characters justice and even team them up at some point.

Daredevil_vs_Punisher_cover.jpg

I'm also a fan of Daredevil, but like Oscar says he doesn't fit so easily into where Marvel is going at the moment. I seem to recall one of the FF's run-ins with Galactus, where they cut to Daredevil and Spider-Man watching from a distance, saying that that kind of thing was just so far out of their league that the best they could do is hope for the best :lol

My guess is if Marvel Studios got Daredevil back we wouldn't see a Daredevil movie for at least four years since phase 2 seems pretty well planned out. I'm also theorizing that Marvel Studios must want Galactus and Silver Surfer to make some kind of appearance in Guardians of the Galaxy.
I'm a huge fan of the Annihilation storyline. It would be cool if they got Annihilus as well or did Annihilation: Conquest with Ultron. I'd also love to see a Planet Hulk movie with the Silver Surfer in it.

Back